Max Tsukino

East Rutherford June 29 #U2TheJoshuaTree2017 Live Thread

U2 THE JOSHUA TREE TOUR 2017
June 29, 2017 East Rutherford, NJ MetLife Stadium

1. Sunday Bloody Sunday
  2. New Year's Day
  3. Bad / America (snippet)
  4. Pride (In the Name of Love)
  5. Where The Streets Have No Name / California (There is No End To Love) (snippet)
  6. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
  7. With Or Without You
  8. Bullet The Blue Sky
  9. Running To Stand Still
  10. Red Hill Mining Town
  11. In God's Country
  12. Trip Through Your Wires
  13. One Tree Hill
  14. Exit / Wise Blood (snippet)
  15. Mothers Of The Disappeared
  16. Miss Sarajevo
  17. Beautiful Day / People Have the Power (snippet)
  18. Elevation
  19. Vertigo / Rock and Roll N*** (snippet)
  20. Mysterious Ways
  21. Ultraviolet (Ligth My Way)
  22. One
Sources: mixlr.com/mizchelley | mixlr.com/laurenm269/ | mixlr.com/popartist/ | Many Periscope streams | http://www.u2gigs.com/

3 minutes ago, tan_lejos_tan_cerca said:

yes I knew, only that it was a pity:)

but they will be back soon... =)

Intro to One Tree Hill... Bono said that we all lose people unexpectedly and don't get to say goodbye. U2 are playing the song for a man named Greg but fill in the name of your own loved one and the song is for them all.....

Tomorrow my wife and I are leaving for PA to attend a memorial service for my mother-in-law who passed away and was cremated last week while we were back home in Ireland. When Bono said those words my wife put her arms around me and leaned her head against me. It was a powerful moment.

I felt the energy was higher and the band a little looser this second night. Wasn't sure Mysterious Ways was on track, but they pulled it out. Lost a bet at the end of that song though. Up until introducing the girl to us, Bono had not uttered the words New York. It was only that he repeated where she was from so I lost on a technicality. Now I'm on the hook for unlimited libations at my expense whenever I see my U2 bud.  Not a bad thing at all. And boy could she dance!

On 6/30/2017 at 7:52 AM, VerUt2igo said:

I felt the energy was higher and the band a little looser this second night. Wasn't sure Mysterious Ways was on track, but they pulled it out. Lost a bet at the end of that song though. Up until introducing the girl to us, Bono had not uttered the words New York. It was only that he repeated where she was from so I lost on a technicality. Now I'm on the hook for unlimited libations at my expense whenever I see my U2 bud.  Not a bad thing at all. And boy could she dance!

How did you feel people around you react to the more political staff Bono said?  A friend who was at Wednesday's show felt the crowd energy was generally low, and I concur.  Interestingly to me, on Thursday, I was with a friend way up in the nosebleed seats (just 1 row shy of the last one) and people were more warm and seemed more into the music, but in a few sections around us, when Bono got political, there were little groups of guys who would start chanting "USA, USA".  And totally agree on the woman dancing with Bono - she was a cool customer.  If you look at the comments on one of the YouTube clips of her, it appears she's been on stage a few times before.  Lucky girl!