Sign in to follow this  
sylviav

anyone going alone to Dublin?

HI is anyone going alone to Dublin, unfortunately all my plans just changed (fate) now i have to go alone. Any group to meet anything, someone flying alone? I got pitch 2.

sylvia 

Looks like I may be alone as well or not going at all...  as I am having a very difficult time finding an affordable  place to stay.  I have pitch1..

do you have the flight already? I had to change all my plans because my friend not going.. from where are you flying? when are you arriving?

I've got a (€200!!!) seat but I'd love a pitch standing at Dublin if anyone wants to help me out? :-D

I've also got a rental car and hotel booked if anyone needs a floor to sleep on. @jetstreamsurfer - I arrive 7am on the 22nd leaving 8pm 23rd.

@sylviav I'm going to Amsterdam 1 ( not found tickets for Amsterdam 2 yet - do you still have any? ) then Brussels so if anyone wants to meet up there too I'll be with a friend then.

I'm also doing Berlin, Rome and Barcelona by myself,  and if anyone can make it to London I currently have a spare GA both nights.

Richard

Here another single traveler with a pitch 2 from the Netherlands :) 

Will be in Dublin 21-23. Maybe see you there?

Regards,

Gijs

Edited by G-Force

On 7/2/2017 at 1:13 PM, sylviav said:

do you have the flight already? I had to change all my plans because my friend not going.. from where are you flying? when are you arriving?

yes, we already have the flights supposed to fly in on Aug 21 all the way from Texas...  but I'm being priced out by the hotel rates/airbnb rates...  I underestimated accommodation costs.  I" originally wanted to stay 5 nights in Dublin but have since cut that down to 2 or 3. lol....   U2 in Dublin is on my Life's "To-Do" List. :)   

On 3-7-2017 at 0:09 AM, fluffy cat said:

I've got a (€200!!!) seat but I'd love a pitch standing at Dublin if anyone wants to help me out? :-D

I've also got a rental car and hotel booked if anyone needs a floor to sleep on. @jetstreamsurfer - I arrive 7am on the 22nd leaving 8pm 23rd.

@sylviav I'm going to Amsterdam 1 ( not found tickets for Amsterdam 2 yet - do you still have any? ) then Brussels so if anyone wants to meet up there too I'll be with a friend then.

I'm also doing Berlin, Rome and Barcelona by myself,  and if anyone can make it to London I currently have a spare GA both nights.

Richard

I have Pitch 2 for Dublin, and have GA for AMs 1 and VIP seats for Ams 2. I thin you can find amsterdam 2 vip tickets on ticketmaster.nl

On 3-7-2017 at 1:23 PM, G-Force said:

Here another single traveler with a pitch 2 from the Netherlands :) 

Will be in Dublin 21-23. Maybe see you there?

Regards,

Gijs

I arrive ont eh 21st in Dublin and will stay until monday 24th afternoon. we can meet the friday evening.

SYl

55 minutes ago, jetstreamsurfer said:

yes, we already have the flights supposed to fly in on Aug 21 all the way from Texas...  but I'm being priced out by the hotel rates/airbnb rates...  I underestimated accommodation costs.  I" originally wanted to stay 5 nights in Dublin but have since cut that down to 2 or 3. lol....   U2 in Dublin is on my Life's "To-Do" List. :)   

Awesome! July you mean right? haha not August.. :D

i have booked an hotel but might look into something else as my friend is not going and will be alone at the moment there.. will arrive on the 21st afternoon and fly back to Amsterdam on the 24th Monday (afternoon)

yes it is on my TO DO list as well :)

8 minutes ago, sylviav said:

Awesome! July you mean right? haha not August.. :D

i have booked an hotel but might look into something else as my friend is not going and will be alone at the moment there.. will arrive on the 21st afternoon and fly back to Amsterdam on the 24th Monday (afternoon)

yes it is on my TO DO list as well :)

Oops!  lol  yeah, I meant July 21st!   I just managed to find a hotel but not what I wanna pay... I guess it'll be my last choice if I can't find anything else...  There's going to be a U2 tribute band and fan meet up at a place called The Church Cafe Bar on the 21st evening.... I"m thinking of checking it out....provided I make it to Dublin!   

5 hours ago, sylviav said:

I have Pitch 2 for Dublin, and have GA for AMs 1 and VIP seats for Ams 2. I thin you can find amsterdam 2 vip tickets on ticketmaster.nl

There were some 3 weeks ago but I had to wait for payday and then they were gone :-(

I'll keep looking!

Thanks

I'm on my own always as nobody I know likes u2 I will becoming on the Saturday leaving Sunday 

I have a silver seat ticket 

also have hotel booked with breakfast for 2

willing to offer floor space for 1 person 

On 5-7-2017 at 6:58 PM, jetstreamsurfer said:

Oops!  lol  yeah, I meant July 21st!   I just managed to find a hotel but not what I wanna pay... I guess it'll be my last choice if I can't find anything else...  There's going to be a U2 tribute band and fan meet up at a place called The Church Cafe Bar on the 21st evening.... I"m thinking of checking it out....provided I make it to Dublin!   

I know where the church restaurant is I've been there twice, will you go? I until this moment forced to stay at hilton along the Liffey but might change, i am trying to sort out other options, as my plans changed drastically. but stil going! :D

I ve been few times in Dublin, this is gonna be a very long weekend for me alone at the end, so if someone wants to do something visit places, just drop a line or private message me 

Cheers,

Syl

On 7/6/2017 at 1:35 PM, sylviav said:

I know where the church restaurant is I've been there twice, will you go? I until this moment forced to stay at hilton along the Liffey but might change, i am trying to sort out other options, as my plans changed drastically. but stil going! :D

I ve been few times in Dublin, this is gonna be a very long weekend for me alone at the end, so if someone wants to do something visit places, just drop a line or private message me 

Cheers,

Syl

Well... it doesn't look like we'll be going to Dublin.. I am unable to find reasonable accommodations for the night of the gig :o  I've been looking  for weeks!  Most everything is booked and what there is available is simply too expensive!!  I'm thinking of skipping Dublin and just flying to Paris for #2 gig.  But I think I'm going to hang on to my tickets and keep looking in the hopes of finding something last minute...

56 minutes ago, jetstreamsurfer said:

Well... it doesn't look like we'll be going to Dublin.. I am unable to find reasonable accommodations for the night of the gig :o  I've been looking  for weeks!  Most everything is booked and what there is available is simply too expensive!!  I'm thinking of skipping Dublin and just flying to Paris for #2 gig.  But I think I'm going to hang on to my tickets and keep looking in the hopes of finding something last minute...

What's your budget? Remember ireland is small and Dublin has outer parts where the buses and trains go to! Places like Blanchardstown, swords(near airport), tallaght etc... they would have cheaper accommodation to the city centre and all about a 30 min bus journey to Croke park!!  Loads of b&bs 

2 hours ago, Gar said:

What's your budget? Remember ireland is small and Dublin has outer parts where the buses and trains go to! Places like Blanchardstown, swords(near airport), tallaght etc... they would have cheaper accommodation to the city centre and all about a 30 min bus journey to Croke park!!  Loads of b&bs 

I have accommodations for each night I'm there except for July 22, the most important night of all, lol !  I was just on airbnb and found a place for $90 a night but the host doubled it after I inquired about it :/  is there a website you can refer me to regarding Dublin/Irish b&b's??  Thanks for any help :)

1 hour ago, jetstreamsurfer said:

I have accommodations for each night I'm there except for July 22, the most important night of all, lol !  I was just on airbnb and found a place for $90 a night but the host doubled it after I inquired about it :/  is there a website you can refer me to regarding Dublin/Irish b&b's??  Thanks for any help :)

I just went on to a website https://m.book-a-bnb.com/saint-marthas-bnb-drumcondra.html

for example this b&b seems to have accommodation for the 22nd. It is in drumcondra so I am guessing to could be within walking distance of croke park!! And 62 Euro for the night. That's one example on the site. Don't know what is it like but I guess you don't intend staying in it for too long :)

On 7/12/2017 at 4:08 PM, Gar said:

I just went on to a website https://m.book-a-bnb.com/saint-marthas-bnb-drumcondra.html

for example this b&b seems to have accommodation for the 22nd. It is in drumcondra so I am guessing to could be within walking distance of croke park!! And 62 Euro for the night. That's one example on the site. Don't know what is it like but I guess you don't intend staying in it for too long :)

Thanks for the info.. however, I'm glad to say that I found an airbnb last night and I'M SET !!!!  WOOT !

not going alone but been nice to meet some other fans. coming to Dublin today from Norway. planning to go to the curch bar tonight ?

Hi, thought I might as well ask since some of you are going alone despite other plans, does anyone have a spare ticket to sell? I'll gladly buy for face value!