Sign in to follow this  
jonno77

Any pitch 1&2 or pit?

Hi, on Ticketmaster it doesn't show any pitch 1&2 but Dublin does.

Does that mean for Twickenham there is unlikely to be any crowd control barrier or pit dividing the main floor? At Vertigo there was a barrier at Twickenham.

If there isn't then i guess not much point queuing really early in a GA line.

Cheers 

Jon

Edited by jonno77
Spelling

There hasn't been a "pit" on any of the state side shows so far, so would suggest that there won't be any in Europe for show at soccer or rugby stadiums. 

Croke Park may be the exception due to the size of pitch. It's around 140 metres long. They may simply be dividing it for H+S reasons 

Cheers, if anyone hears a rumour about a divide can you let me know. I'm heading their on my own for sat night so don't fancy queuing up really early just to loose my floor spot when I go to the bathroom!! More than happy to chill out further back and then enjoy red zone on Sunday with my better half.

Also, does anyone know of any tributes or U2 themed nights on the Friday in London? Just to make a really good weekend of it.

If only for health and safety reasons, I would be surprised if there wasn't some sort of golden circle-type arrangement. It's a shame that the band don't sell tickets for a golden circle for, say, members of U2.com. 

15 hours ago, Mark-in-pock said:

If only for health and safety reasons, I would be surprised if there wasn't some sort of golden circle-type arrangement. It's a shame that the band don't sell tickets for a golden circle for, say, members of U2.com. 

Totally disagree. The band have always made it first come first served (with the exception of Redzone for charity) which is fair. The idea of 'selling' spaces at the front sucks, it would become a lottery.

I just saw a pic on Instagram and there's no security barrier, so it's just like the US shows.

I see GA numbers are already out, a post an hour ago was number 91. They are getting numbers then checking in by 8am. Seems a con, when I last queued with numbers you still had to stay.

Think it makes my mind up. If no barrier and I'm on my own for first show I can't see the point queuing. Stress of queuing then stress of losing place on floor when need the loo/drink versus worse place on floor but feeling more relaxed etc. Think going for latter. I remember watching popmart from the back of Wembley and loved it.

Enjoy the show folks, it's going to be awesome. Had to miss IE tour cos child number 3 arrived so first one since 360. Can't wait!

37 minutes ago, jonno77 said:

I see GA numbers are already out, a post an hour ago was number 91. They are getting numbers then checking in by 8am. Seems a con, when I last queued with numbers you still had to stay.

Think it makes my mind up. If no barrier and I'm on my own for first show I can't see the point queuing. Stress of queuing then stress of losing place on floor when need the loo/drink versus worse place on floor but feeling more relaxed etc. Think going for latter. I remember watching popmart from the back of Wembley and loved it.

Enjoy the show folks, it's going to be awesome. Had to miss IE tour cos child number 3 arrived so first one since 360. Can't wait!

The unofficial fan-run queueing system really annoys me. I'd much rather everyone stuck to the guidelines set out by the venue/promoter.

44 minutes ago, peterferris8 said:

The unofficial fan-run queueing system really annoys me. I'd much rather everyone stuck to the guidelines set out by the venue/promoter.

what is the score with the GA? 

10 minutes ago, NathalieWatson said:

what is the score with the GA? 

I don't know at this stage. I know an unofficial fan line has been started across the street from the stadium but I haven't been able to find any word from the venue or promoter on it. I'm probably not arriving until around 12pm so I'll be quite far back but I hope the venue do have some kind of official wristbanding/numbering routine in place - I feel sorry for the people who arrive to queue all day at 8am but arrive to find 100 people who turned up 2 days ago, put their name on a piece of paper and then went back to their hotel for 2 days are magically in front of them without even being there.

Edited by peterferris8

33 minutes ago, peterferris8 said:

I don't know at this stage. I know an unofficial fan line has been started across the street from the stadium but I haven't been able to find any word from the venue or promoter on it. I'm probably not arriving until around 12pm so I'll be quite far back but I hope the venue do have some kind of official wristbanding/numbering routine in place - I feel sorry for the people who arrive to queue all day at 8am but arrive to find 100 people who turned up 2 days ago, put their name on a piece of paper and then went back to their hotel for 2 days are magically in front of them without even being there.

I'm planning on turning up around 11.  I thought that gates C and D are the only gates for GA entry? have to wait and see I think.  thanks for reply x

4 minutes ago, NathalieWatson said:

I'm planning on turning up around 11.  I thought that gates C and D are the only gates for GA entry? have to wait and see I think.  thanks for reply x

No worries! And you thought right. Have to say it's a bit weird how one line has been started for 2 separate entrances.

7 minutes ago, peterferris8 said:

No worries! And you thought right. Have to say it's a bit weird how one line has been started for 2 separate entrances.

thanks enjoy the show x

just a thought ... I have 3 gate C tickets and 1 gate D so 3 of us will have to queue at C and 1 at D.  do you think we could all queue at C? what do you reckon? 

8 hours ago, Mark Taylor said:

Totally disagree. The band have always made it first come first served (with the exception of Redzone for charity) which is fair. The idea of 'selling' spaces at the front sucks, it would become a lottery.

You won't be saying that when you turn 50-something! I also think it would be fair reward for long-time members of U2.com. 

As it stands, there seems nothing fair about the current system insomuch that it only favours those who are staying close to the venue the day before. 

I hope everyone enjoys the show, and gets as close to the front as they wish. 

M

9 hours ago, NathalieWatson said:

just a thought ... I have 3 gate C tickets and 1 gate D so 3 of us will have to queue at C and 1 at D.  do you think we could all queue at C? what do you reckon? 

Hi, I called the venue yesterday about this as I'm in the same position with a mix of C and D tickets. They said it doesn't matter really it's just to split the crowd up. As most will go to their designated gate, the security guys won't quibble if you go through either. 100% bag search and random pat downs too so that might delay entry. Enjoy!!

33 minutes ago, Jim L B said:

Hi, I called the venue yesterday about this as I'm in the same position with a mix of C and D tickets. They said it doesn't matter really it's just to split the crowd up. As most will go to their designated gate, the security guys won't quibble if you go through either. 100% bag search and random pat downs too so that might delay entry. Enjoy!!

Thank you so much. Enjoy the show too.   lovely day for it ?