jenskar

The Little Things

OK I am completely captivated in a way I've not been for some time by The Little Things That Give You Away ... heard first in East Rutherford and then watched the band perform it on Jimmy Kimmel when Edge had access to all his pedals and just take me away. I'm swooning for this song. Love the build. Love the lyrics. Just beautiful. If this is what Songs Of Experience is like I'm going to feel like a young gal again. 

And, btw ... thought they absolutely rocked that first Meadowlands night. The last tour was too stagey and preachy ... this the songs did the talking for the most part and the night made me leave believing I could be a better person again. 30 years ago it was Ronald Reagan. Fun times, right? We survived that. We'll survive this. I think we're actually stronger now.

Why aren't more people talking about this song? I love it too! The only issue with it, IMO, is that they're ending the show with it and it is a very heavy song to end with. I think people would rather hear something "fun" at the end rather than something serious...

At the Houston and Boston (Foxboro) shows, people started walking out while they were playing it. I couldn't believe people did that!

I was reading a thread on another fan site yesterday, and there are people who think this is the band's way of telling us this is their last tour. "The end is here." I hope that's not the case!

I love this song, I can't wait for it to be officially released. I heard it when they first played it in Vancouver - I follow every show on Periscope or Mixlr. It was even better to hear it on Jimmy Kimmel since the quality was (obviously) better. I agree it's a heavy song to end a night with, but it is also very beautiful. It's not heavy like One, which is a "let's all get along" kind of song, but more of a "this is the end" kind of song, which is why some people are associating it with the band slowing down. But with everything else they've been saying, like that they have a few more albums in them (and dozens of songs actually in the works) and how the iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Tour feels unfinished, I think they've still got years left. Which is still too short for me, but I'll take what I can get. I'm hoping that seeing the reaction of fans to The Joshua Tree Tour 2017, how we all love it, and now we're asking for an Achtung Baby tour (PLEASE!!!), will give them new energy to put out a few more albums (and not just get caught in a decade of anniversary/retirement tours). Anyway, I loved when they closed with The Little Things at the first East Rutherford show, it was amazing to hear live. 

Sounded amazing the other night in London. Now I'm just wondering how the studio version will sound!

I don't know if anyone will see this reply since it's in an old thread, but what do you think of the studio version? Personally, I really like it - even better than the live version.

On 12/19/2017 at 7:34 AM, allyson2008 said:

I don't know if anyone will see this reply since it's in an old thread, but what do you think of the studio version? Personally, I really like it - even better than the live version.

I like both a lot - like you, I may actually prefer the studio version as well.

Frankly, despite how recently the studio version of the song has come out, I think this song has a very good chance at rating among their very best songs as time goes on - definite "all-time classic track" potential... B)

• Like 1