Sign in to follow this  
Megarau2

Phoenix GA protocol?

Okay, I dont want to screw this up like I did for the Dallas leg.  In Dallas my lil brother and I called the venue for GA line up info and they had no clue and gave us wrong info.  We ended up getting wristbands in the 800's.  It was still an amazing concert and we still had pretty great placement for getting not such a great spot in the GA line, however, I am wanting rail spots for Phoenix.  It's my sons 11th bday present and he is obsessed (I've done something right)  with U2.  This will be his very first U2 concert.

I met some great guys at the Jack in the Box outside the stadium in Dallas who seemed to be running the wristband show.  I'm hoping I can get some tips from you guys on when and where to show up for PHX to get the best spots.  Any tips would be appreciated.❤️

Edited by Megarau2
  • Like 1

I am in the same boat. Taking my 11 year old and really concerned about what time we should show up to get in line. All the venue could give me were box office hours and they said you can't camp out. 

Hey fellow GA'ers - is Phoenix using paper tickets or paperless tickets (tied to a credit-card). I still need to get my ticket and don't want to get stuck with one tied to someone else's credit card (if they ask at the door). In Europe it was just hard tickets, but the US leg 2 is different apparently. If you can share, that would be great!

On 9/11/2017 at 12:42 PM, Lindyhopperceg said:

Hey fellow GA'ers - is Phoenix using paper tickets or paperless tickets (tied to a credit-card). I still need to get my ticket and don't want to get stuck with one tied to someone else's credit card (if they ask at the door). In Europe it was just hard tickets, but the US leg 2 is different apparently. If you can share, that would be great!

Lindyhopperceg - The tickets are tied to the credit card you purchased them on, so keep that little debt machine handy!

From the University of Phoenix Stadium website:

"General Admission Policy
The fan-run wristband line/list for U2’s Joshua Tree 2017 Tour stop at University of Phoenix Stadium will begin on Tuesday, September 19th at 7:00am. The wristband line will be located on North loop road near the Pat Tillman statue. A pre-entry sign up will be conducted to assign numbered wristbands for guests who have general admission floor tickets. Ticket holder must be present to obtain wristband. One wristband per guest.Guests who are unable to sign-up in advance at North loop road/Pat Tillman statue are able to go to Gate 2 starting at 3:30pm to reserve your spot behind the pre-entry GA floor line.

*Camping out overnight will not be permitted on stadium grounds."

If I find out about a pre-pre-entry line, I will post it in this forum. 

Edited by thedrewski
Quotes around pasted info
  • Like 1

Complete information for U2 at University of Phoenix Stadium this Tuesday the 19th can be found at below link.  The main stadium phone number is 623-433-7101 

http://www.universityofphoenixstadium.com/events/2017/u2-the-joshua-tree-tour-2017

Event Information

Box Office Opens: 10:00am
Parking Lots: 3:30pm
Gates Open: 5:30pm
Concert Begins: 7:30pm

General Admission Policy
The fan-run wristband line/list for U2’s Joshua Tree 2017 Tour stop at University of Phoenix Stadium will begin on Tuesday, September 19th at 7:00am. The wristband line will be located on North loop road near the Pat Tillman statue. A pre-entry sign up will be conducted to assign numbered wristbands for guests who have general admission floor tickets. Ticket holder must be present to obtain wristband. One wristband per guest. Guests who are unable to sign-up in advance at North loop road/Pat Tillman statue are able to go to Gate 2 starting at 3:30pm to reserve your spot behind the pre-entry GA floor line.

The Pat Tillman statue/ Pat Tillman memorial plaze is on the northwest part of the stadium.

Parking map:

University of Phoenix Stadium parking map for U2

Once you get a wristband, do you have to check back every so often, or do you just line up at a certain time? Also.. if you have a card ticket, what do you need to show to get your wristband?  

Edited by nicolerock

Thank you for the info. So they won't be back until 6pm today? (Sunday) Also. If I have 4 credit card entry tickets what do I bring? Credit card and my entire party?