Sign in to follow this  
varunjay

Broad daylight during Dublin Concert

I just noticed in London concert pics that it wasn't dark by the time they started playing TJT album Songs. 

I was really looking forward to see them at Croke Park with Sun completely set but it seems it will be even more day light during Dublin Concert as the sunset time for Dublin is 09:51 pm which is even more than London at the moment.

Please someone tell me that it will be even better than what I'm seeing in London pics with the GA looking half empty and daylight... it just doesn't seem the same like it did during US shows as seen in all the pics.

Nevertheless this being my first time in Dublin for U2 concert, I'm sure it will still be a memorable dream come true for me.

12 hours ago, pheonix said:

get a life

Oh c'mon... I was just a little disappointed with so much light taking away the nice effect of the 8K background screen and also the beautiful effect of people's phone light during the song 'Bad'.

This will be only my 2nd U2 Concert and I was looking forward to it especially as it is my 1st concert In Dublin.

I'm sure you've been to plenty of U2 concerts.

Sorry if I didn't meet your standards of living an ideal U2 fan life. 

@paulobrennan 

Thanks for sharing your experience. I just needed that.?

Edited by varunjay
Forgot to quote

Really Varunjay, don't worry about this or let it cloud your excitement and anticipation in the build up to the event.  I was at the London gig and yes, it is light but that in no way at all detracts from any of it.  If the weather is a balmy summer evening then it is just glorious, you can see people, you can see arms punching and waving across the entire stadium in unison and the screen looks awesome no matter how light or dark it is.  The GA pitch can look empty at the back but of course that's because of all the equipment areas on the floor - people aren't going to stand behind them so you do see empty space.  This may not be so obvious in a dark stadium but believe me, you will not even be aware of that.  Seeing them in Dublin is always a massive highlight, the build up and buzz in the air for the few days before is unmissable and it reaches a fever pitch on the day.  Nothing will detract from the experience at all.  Now you've mentioned it, I looked back at my video snippet I took from London. It was going darker while Mothers of the Disappeared was on but I didn't even notice. You will be way too absorbed in everything that is going on to even be aware of the weather!   Unless of course it snows!!!  Relax now - it is going to be amazing for you in every way.

Well said Heather S ! I second all of that.....

Did both London shows and I have to say, both crowds were fantastic in my opinion......obviously the band feed directly off the vibe of the crowd......and Dublin should, in theory, be better still.....

You'll be lost in the moment and it will be truly, truly amazing ! I'll be there too, and literally cannot wait now.......

On 7/11/2017 at 3:59 PM, Heather S said:

Really Varunjay, don't worry about this or let it cloud your excitement and anticipation in the build up to the event.  I was at the London gig and yes, it is light but that in no way at all detracts from any of it.  If the weather is a balmy summer evening then it is just glorious, you can see people, you can see arms punching and waving across the entire stadium in unison and the screen looks awesome no matter how light or dark it is.  The GA pitch can look empty at the back but of course that's because of all the equipment areas on the floor - people aren't going to stand behind them so you do see empty space.  This may not be so obvious in a dark stadium but believe me, you will not even be aware of that.  Seeing them in Dublin is always a massive highlight, the build up and buzz in the air for the few days before is unmissable and it reaches a fever pitch on the day.  Nothing will detract from the experience at all.  Now you've mentioned it, I looked back at my video snippet I took from London. It was going darker while Mothers of the Disappeared was on but I didn't even notice. You will be way too absorbed in everything that is going on to even be aware of the weather!   Unless of course it snows!!!  Relax now - it is going to be amazing for you in every way.

On 7/11/2017 at 6:01 PM, carlhancox said:

Well said Heather S ! I second all of that.....

Did both London shows and I have to say, both crowds were fantastic in my opinion......obviously the band feed directly off the vibe of the crowd......and Dublin should, in theory, be better still.....

You'll be lost in the moment and it will be truly, truly amazing ! I'll be there too, and literally cannot wait now.......

Thank you Heather & Carl... for sharing your experience. I'm looking forward to the Dublin experience and after seeing the recent pictures of the Coldplay concert at Croke Park i'm really excited. It looks amazing...   

Bet you are getting excited! We love our long daylight hours in summer - it's what keeps most of us going all year!

Edited by Heather S

I went to the New York and London concerts. I have to admit New York was better as it was pitch black when they came on stage but London was still brilliant. I thoroughly enjoyed London and I was with a mate who was seeing them for the first time this tour and he thought it was epic. He was at the Coldplay concert in Croke Park the night before and he said that was unreal too. Croke Park is a brilliant place to see any band when the place is full so don't worry. Dublin will be my 10th U2 concert and 5th in Croke Park. There is nothing like seeing U2 in Dublin. As has been said previously, the atmosphere is incredible both inside and outside the stadium. Look, if this is your first concert of the tour, you're gonna be in awe of the whole show. Sunset is gonna be about 9.30pm on Saturday so they'll have only been on stage about 45 minutes at that stage. Plus, Noel Gallagher is a savage support act too!