Sign in to follow this  
OmahaBrian

20th Anniversary Trip Advice

Looking for some advice.  My wife and I are celebrating our 20th Wedding Anniversary by making the trip from the US to Croke Park for the show on the 22nd.  We saw U2 for our Honeymoon and 5 times since, and we've always had this on the list of "must do's" in our lives.  I'm looking for any and all advice on how to make our trip extra special in Dublin.  In particular, anything specific to the band?  I really appreciate your help making this an experience of a lifetime for us.

Thanks.

Ahhhh, congratulations.  Have you got The North Side Story book and map?  Link below....

http://www.u2.com/news/title/northsidestory-u2indublin-1978-1983/news/

you can wander round U2's Dublin...I'm sure there will be some nice Irish pubs to visit too but as I'm not from Ireland, I'm sure others will be able to tell you things to do locally other than the obvious things.  if you haven't got the map, I can send you a picture/pictures of it on email if you message me and you could always buy it afterwards as a souvenir!  Enjoy.

Just realised this is not something you can buy now...it was the subscribers gift for that year. Message me if you want more info.

Me again....I also just searched for 'U2 trail Dublin' and it came up with a host of things relating to U2 landmarks around the city and some organised walking tours too!

Thanks Heather!  I'll check it out.

Now if you can just get Bono to say Hi to my wife... :)   I think that would destroy the bucket list...hehe. 

Don't know how long you're staying for, but enjoy the buzz in the city centre on Saturday - there's nothing quite like it on a U2 Croke Park day. Take a walk along Grafton St for the buskers a plenty, maybe a slight detour over to 'Temple Bar' area to soak up more atmosphere, following the masses as we head along O'Connell st making the right turn and short walk out to Croke Park. Creatures of habit. Hope you have a great time.

Depending on how long you're staying, and if the weather is nice, I would recommend getting the DART to Bray, walking along the "Promenade" ;) and going up Bray Head, do the first part of the cliff walk - it's beautiful :)

7 hours ago, portugirl said:

Depending on how long you're staying, and if the weather is nice, I would recommend getting the DART to Bray, walking along the "Promenade" ;) and going up Bray Head, do the first part of the cliff walk - it's beautiful :)

yes, best thing to do.. Darts.. along the coast .. hope weather is nice.. so people will enjoy the days..