Sign in to follow this  
StephOnTour87

Croke Park : queuing, GA lines, and other stuffs

Can't wait for tomorrow and SATURDAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

42 minutes ago, yardie said:

Guys, you have to remember, or possibly not aware of - the many wranglings there have been over the years with the residents that live around the Croke Park area. I suppose understandable - and U2 over time get that. Croke Park is in 'inner city' residential Dublin ( or on the edge of it) - which means lots of close knit communities. Perhaps not the wealthiest areas of Dublin - but a football stadium that was built to represent the working class, the gaelic loving football supporters of Dublin and Ireland.

It's a short distance from the fun buzzing city centre that displays also the effects of poverty and misfortune in life.

Over time the controls have been agreed and put in place to alleviate some of the major disruption that affects this area when a big show hits town - which is quite often during the summer, and many of the locals I dare say love it and make some 'spin offs' from it without a doubt.

However, Croke Park is a symbolic venue. It's not, like many modern stadiums sited in a green field area, or by the sea as part of modern city re-generation. It just is where it is - and that's what makes it unique.

I would just respect the controls that are in place. They are generally there for a reason and taken from learnings over many years to ensure the relationship between concert goers and locals remains a harmonious one.

I'm not from the area myself by the way, but I do understand why it's a much more 'sterile' environment than say,  30 years ago!!:D

Bedlam then. I'd have been a very annoyed local resident myself!

Absolutely agreed with what you've written. Controls have been put in place for good reason. Yet it is true and we all know that people have and always will queue.  The residents, authority's and I imagine some fans don't want, at one end of the spectrum, a campsite and yet I expect the authority's accept that eventually some kind of queue will form.

Personally - and having been there to see it - I'd take the view that a handful (I'm talking 3-5) people discretely making a list and then telling fans to leave are serving both the venue/residents, by preventing a messy queue forming early, and the fans by allowing some kind of pre-queuing to happen.

I suppose it's a compromise but to me it looked reasonable to both sides. 

Thursday night giving out queue numbers? lol. There's gonna be a right bunfight on Saturday morning. Glad I'm not GA.

As as soon as the concert finishes on Saturday night I'm going to start the list for Zoo TV 2 at Croke Park 2022 and I'm going to be #1 ?

Just checked toilets on level 3 and there's a group hiding out for the Zoo.com 2022 Tour.  The list is only on toilet paper but it's up to 148.  Most of the cubicles are pretty full.  They say drinking water, if you're not fussy, is ok but food may be a challenge.

Any sort of q and numbering should start only on the day of the show 

Anything else is totally unfair 

7 hours ago, DBUGGY said:

Thursday night giving out queue numbers? lol. There's gonna be a right bunfight on Saturday morning. Glad I'm not GA.

As as soon as the concert finishes on Saturday night I'm going to start the list for Zoo TV 2 at Croke Park 2022 and I'm going to be #1 ?

4 hours ago, kildarekonga said:

Just checked toilets on level 3 and there's a group hiding out for the Zoo.com 2022 Tour.  The list is only on toilet paper but it's up to 148.  Most of the cubicles are pretty full.  They say drinking water, if you're not fussy, is ok but food may be a challenge.

Ha ha ha.  What fun.....glad I am in a seat for this one. I couldn't stand for long anyway.  I may just head to the loos and join the toilet paper list for zoo TV.....keep it safe!

I'm going tomorrow, 5th time seeing them at Croker. I've seen them in New Jersey and London this tour and not interested in queuing the whole day. I am however wondering does anyone know what time the band get to the stadium and what entrance they go in? A friend of mine got photos when they played the Point in 2015  with all the band. Will they take photos and sign autographs beforehand? 

21 hours ago, kildarekonga said:

Haha good man

It's the little things that give you away ;)

Well I'm still in me bed.  Lost the queue list last night in a pub somewhere so yiz will have to wing it today :)

In all seriousness though,  I can't wait for later on, saw the in Twickers (2) and it is pretty amazing 

Edited by stevieob