Sign in to follow this  
murph4

Dublin July 22

I was at the show on Saturday and I have to say I wasn't impressed. Anyone else at the show that felt let down. 

That was my 35 show and the first in Dublin.

i wasn't disappointed but I thought there would be a few more surprises and at least a couple more songs.

a couple of change in order of the songs and a lot of shout out for the Irish if it wasn't for them I could have been any other stadium gig.

3 hours ago, murph4 said:

I was at the show on Saturday and I have to say I wasn't impressed. Anyone else at the show that felt let down. 

Ok thanks i had pitch 1 ticket, I've seen them at croke park before so thought it would be fine, anyway should have gone for pitch 2. There's a lot of video footage so we were that far back we couldn't see much of the band performance. At times I felt I'd be better at home watching a DVD. 

Enjoyed the show - Have to say the sound was fantastic.

Not sure about the setlist - especially the section after TJT just feels "stuck on" with no real thought or direction. Miss Sarajevo is a wasted slot and UV is butchered with the visuals and preaching etc.

I think extending the beginning set with IWF and another track from War/UF, thus doing the TJT slightly later and then finishing with say Desire/AIWISY/One ... maybe even Sweetest Thing and Angel of Harlem too.

I loved the show, there were a few surprises

1. The Irish Airforce doing a flyover witht he Tricolour in the fumes

2. The banner being passed around the stadium.

I personally went to see U2 , to watch and listen to them, not usually a fan of the video screens in the past, loved what they did this time, putting video's assocated with the songs.

I still prefer the band to just get up and play their songs, this time I think it worked well

On 24/07/2017 at 9:16 PM, richie459 said:

Enjoyed the show - Have to say the sound was fantastic.

Not sure about the setlist - especially the section after TJT just feels "stuck on" with no real thought or direction. Miss Sarajevo is a wasted slot and UV is butchered with the visuals and preaching etc.

I think extending the beginning set with IWF and another track from War/UF, thus doing the TJT slightly later and then finishing with say Desire/AIWISY/One ... maybe even Sweetest Thing and Angel of Harlem too.

Have to agree , and the final song "The little  things" almost felt like an anti climax.

I have now seen them 3 times on this tour.  NY, Dublin and Paris.  The energy at Croke Park was much more intense than the other venues.  I felt the crowd really set the tone for a great night with the sing along to Whole of The Moon before U2 took the stage.  To me, that was amazing!  Have not seen that at the other shows.  Agree about the setlist though.  Last night in Paris was the exact same set in the exact same order as Croke Park.  But I guess with the big screen being synched with the music, there can't really be too many changes.