illumination70

The Mood Thread (Reboot)

On 12/27/2018 at 6:19 PM, Manohlive said:

Thanks, Doc.   As for what you wrote before that: No.  Not for America.  They f#$KED up for dollar bills in their bank accounts.  They are not holding themselves accountable yet took an oath to do so.

As Giuliani stupidly, but brilliantly, said, "Truth isn't truth."  I'm amazed how many doctors lie to my face and deny it when I tell them they are lying.  They leave when I start telling them the facts I've gathered.  Claire McCaskill lost the election.  (sigh)  She was right when she said doctors should have to post, in every waiting room, a chart of any money or perks they have accepted from pharmaceutical companies. (or outside influence)  It is the wisest thing I heard a politician say during the midterms.

Yet again, my mood is anger. I do not feel sorry for myself.  I'm fine and will be fine no matter.  I'm angry because people are dying while much of America thinks it's the new norm and there's nothing we can do about it.  Many don't even care because they aren't going to be around to see everything go to hell.    

My other mood is happiness because Christmas was awesome and New Year's Eve is going to be a lot of fun.

Oy.  I want to hide this but am leaving it posted.  I'm in a much better mood today.

I'm very proud of Ellen and what she did in forgiving, forgetting and embracing Kevin Hart.  The gay community is having a fit.  As a gay man,  I don't agree with them. I'm very, very proud of her..  

I'm thankful prayers do get answered because they found Jayme Closs alive.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, illumination70 said:

My current mood is nervous because tonight is my first night working for a new company.

I'm hoping it goes/went well.  I admire your tenacity, illumination70.  

I'm angry at both sides of my government.  I'm thoroughly disgusted that any of them are allowed to fly home with no resolution to our current crisis.  I'm scared from just reading that the oceans are warming at a rate which is 40% higher than scientists previously thought.  

I'm angry with the bishops of my church for not finally holding anyone who has ever abused a child accountable. I'm tired of crying because I don't want to go to mass.  He had nothing to do with any of it but I still don't want to go and it hurts.

8 hours ago, Manohlive said:

I'm hoping it goes/went well.  I admire your tenacity, illumination70.  

Thank Manohlive!!

I'm in a really good mood this evening.  I feel whole and at peace despite the ensuing, 'just short of a blizzard with -20 degrees to follow'.  My local weather people are kinda pissing me off-I love storms too but take a tranquilizer and stop interrupting my normally scheduled program. 😎   I'm in a great mood.  Everything is funny.  

On 1/13/2019 at 8:06 AM, illumination70 said:

Thank Manohlive!!

Prego, illumination70.

I'm still in a decent mood but bummed out.  My mom has been crying on the phone since Sunday.  One of the five women killed in the recent mass shooting, in Sebring, Florida, where much of my family lives, went to her church. This lady had something like seven children. Sunday was the first service since this mass shooting happened. My mom's been sobbing and it's awful to hear.  I'm flying down a week from today and I'm not sure how I'm going to help her get through it.  I'm nervous I'll say the wrong thing.  I love my mom very much.  I feel guilty because I'm glad she was not at the bank when it happened.  

I hate it when people cry-especially women, and this is my mom. I then think of the families of those five women. I'm angry nothing has changed.  

On 1/28/2019 at 11:49 PM, Manohlive said:

I'm still in a decent mood but bummed out.  My mom has been crying on the phone since Sunday.  One of the five women killed in the recent mass shooting, in Sebring, Florida, where much of my family lives, went to her church. This lady had something like seven children. Sunday was the first service since this mass shooting happened. My mom's been sobbing and it's awful to hear.  I'm flying down a week from today and I'm not sure how I'm going to help her get through it.  I'm nervous I'll say the wrong thing.  I love my mom very much.  I feel guilty because I'm glad she was not at the bank when it happened.  

I hate it when people cry-especially women, and this is my mom. I then think of the families of those five women. I'm angry nothing has changed.  

I hear ya because it seems as if mass shootings have become "the new normal" in our country  ((HUGS))

• Thanks 1

My mom stopped crying and is all excited because I'm visiting for three weeks starting Monday.  She's out buying all my toiletries so I don't have to use my head to remember.  All I have to so is be me.  If I say the wrong thing-it shall right itself.  I'm thankful.    I'm frustrated because two concerts in the dangerous cold have me exhausted but it is what it is.  It was also the best medicine possible but yikes.  Getting up to get water is exhausting.  My mood has improved remarkably.  I thought I was making no progress but I am.  Thanks to the powers that be.   

illumination7--Thank you.  It's nice to be able to come in here, write and feel better.  

• Like 1

I'm nervous.  I had to extend my visit to Florida.  My mom is having a bone marrow test on Monday.  They think she may have leukemia.  She is terrified.  I am managing to tease her out of it.  I'm making her laugh.  I'm angry with my siblings for being so selfish that they have not even addressed it with her.  I am doing my best to make up for it.  She's got spunk.  I was told three weeks is pushing it for a visit and now five?  Lol.   I said, "I understand, Mom.  I live alone too.  I would have sent you packing after the third day you visited me."  🙂

• Sad 1

My current mood is "crazy busy" as a result of working 2 jobs, volunteering for the local Red Cross and training for a Local 12 kilometer race.

• Like 1

I'm proud of my brother, who is in Thailand, with his child, who just had the full gender reassignment surgery.  I'm very proud of my brother.  I know this is a huge challenge for him and his wife.  She is my Godchild.  I'm very thankful the surgery went well and she is out of the hospital and back in the hotel with daily nurse assistance.  I keep telling her how brave she is and she keeps crediting the love that surrounds her while denying said bravery.

I'm also sad.  My mom has a rare form of blood cancer.  I just found out a little while ago.  She was crying on the phone and now I'm 1,200 miles away from her.  It's very frustrating.  They caught it early and it's slow so it's not full blown leukemia yet.  I'm scared because I've lost too many people I love to leukemia, including my mom's sister.

On 3/20/2019 at 1:14 AM, Manohlive said:

I'm also sad.  My mom has a rare form of blood cancer.

@Manohlive that's a heavy bit of news to receive. Maybe it's some consolation that the doctors found it early. That means more treatment options. Please do take care of yourself too. Try to eat and sleep as best you can and reduce stress in a healthy way.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, CorkVegan said:

@Manohlive that's a heavy bit of news to receive. Maybe it's some consolation that the doctors found it early. That means more treatment options. Please do take care of yourself too. Try to eat and sleep as best you can and reduce stress in a healthy way.

Thank you.  It could be much worse.  I am taking care of myself.  I always do, however, thank you very much.

My mood is frustration.  I keep getting told an apartment I move into is ready only it is not.  I've been supposed to move since July.  The manager told me it is ready, yet again.  I went down to check and they missed painting a wall, which has huge screw holes in it.  

It’s not an apartment it’s a flat.... bloody colonies can’t soeak the mother tongue properly mutter mutter. 😉

• Haha 1

On 4/12/2019 at 5:19 PM, doctornickriviera said:

t’s not an apartment it’s a flat.

If you saw it, you would be calling it a closet or do the Welsh have a different word for that too?  (I don't care how small it is.  It's mine and mine alone.  I'm not sleeping on the streets or in my car)

I am frustrated.  I keep losing all forward momentum to bad headache cycles.  I have not been out of the house (closet)  in a week.  I'm fine but not getting moved.

I am thankful that my godchild had a successful sex reassignment surgery in Thailand, is now home and doing well.   I'm very proud of my brother for going with her and staying with her, in Thailand, for a month.  Many, many thanks to the powers that be.  Now if I could just get her to realize, if even a tiny bit, how brave she is.  Many, many thanks!

I'm nervous about the Bucks second playoff game this evening.  I've become ridiculously superstitious and I love it.

Bucks won the first playoff round.  The Celtics again!  Yikes.  I'm happy but nervous and very superstitious.

I'm also very bummed and angry about all the needless suffering so many face in our world.  I'll snap out of it but I'm stuck in Why? mode.   I'm scared at how much people hate and how little regard people have for human life when they get seduced by hatred.  I know we'll somehow make it but I can't see or feel that right now.  I need to stop watching the video of the guy in the backpack walking into the church in Sri Lanka before he detonated.  It makes me sick to my stomach.