illumination70

The Mood Thread (Reboot)

On 12/27/2018 at 6:19 PM, Manohlive said:

Thanks, Doc.   As for what you wrote before that: No.  Not for America.  They f#$KED up for dollar bills in their bank accounts.  They are not holding themselves accountable yet took an oath to do so.

As Giuliani stupidly, but brilliantly, said, "Truth isn't truth."  I'm amazed how many doctors lie to my face and deny it when I tell them they are lying.  They leave when I start telling them the facts I've gathered.  Claire McCaskill lost the election.  (sigh)  She was right when she said doctors should have to post, in every waiting room, a chart of any money or perks they have accepted from pharmaceutical companies. (or outside influence)  It is the wisest thing I heard a politician say during the midterms.

Yet again, my mood is anger. I do not feel sorry for myself.  I'm fine and will be fine no matter.  I'm angry because people are dying while much of America thinks it's the new norm and there's nothing we can do about it.  Many don't even care because they aren't going to be around to see everything go to hell.    

My other mood is happiness because Christmas was awesome and New Year's Eve is going to be a lot of fun.

Oy.  I want to hide this but am leaving it posted.  I'm in a much better mood today.

I'm very proud of Ellen and what she did in forgiving, forgetting and embracing Kevin Hart.  The gay community is having a fit.  As a gay man,  I don't agree with them. I'm very, very proud of her..  

I'm thankful prayers do get answered because they found Jayme Closs alive.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, illumination70 said:

My current mood is nervous because tonight is my first night working for a new company.

I'm hoping it goes/went well.  I admire your tenacity, illumination70.  

I'm angry at both sides of my government.  I'm thoroughly disgusted that any of them are allowed to fly home with no resolution to our current crisis.  I'm scared from just reading that the oceans are warming at a rate which is 40% higher than scientists previously thought.  

I'm angry with the bishops of my church for not finally holding anyone who has ever abused a child accountable. I'm tired of crying because I don't want to go to mass.  He had nothing to do with any of it but I still don't want to go and it hurts.

8 hours ago, Manohlive said:

I'm hoping it goes/went well.  I admire your tenacity, illumination70.  

Thank Manohlive!!

I'm in a really good mood this evening.  I feel whole and at peace despite the ensuing, 'just short of a blizzard with -20 degrees to follow'.  My local weather people are kinda pissing me off-I love storms too but take a tranquilizer and stop interrupting my normally scheduled program. 😎   I'm in a great mood.  Everything is funny.  

On 1/13/2019 at 8:06 AM, illumination70 said:

Thank Manohlive!!

Prego, illumination70.

I'm still in a decent mood but bummed out.  My mom has been crying on the phone since Sunday.  One of the five women killed in the recent mass shooting, in Sebring, Florida, where much of my family lives, went to her church. This lady had something like seven children. Sunday was the first service since this mass shooting happened. My mom's been sobbing and it's awful to hear.  I'm flying down a week from today and I'm not sure how I'm going to help her get through it.  I'm nervous I'll say the wrong thing.  I love my mom very much.  I feel guilty because I'm glad she was not at the bank when it happened.  

I hate it when people cry-especially women, and this is my mom. I then think of the families of those five women. I'm angry nothing has changed.  

On 1/28/2019 at 11:49 PM, Manohlive said:

I'm still in a decent mood but bummed out.  My mom has been crying on the phone since Sunday.  One of the five women killed in the recent mass shooting, in Sebring, Florida, where much of my family lives, went to her church. This lady had something like seven children. Sunday was the first service since this mass shooting happened. My mom's been sobbing and it's awful to hear.  I'm flying down a week from today and I'm not sure how I'm going to help her get through it.  I'm nervous I'll say the wrong thing.  I love my mom very much.  I feel guilty because I'm glad she was not at the bank when it happened.  

I hate it when people cry-especially women, and this is my mom. I then think of the families of those five women. I'm angry nothing has changed.  

I hear ya because it seems as if mass shootings have become "the new normal" in our country  ((HUGS))

• Thanks 1

My mom stopped crying and is all excited because I'm visiting for three weeks starting Monday.  She's out buying all my toiletries so I don't have to use my head to remember.  All I have to so is be me.  If I say the wrong thing-it shall right itself.  I'm thankful.    I'm frustrated because two concerts in the dangerous cold have me exhausted but it is what it is.  It was also the best medicine possible but yikes.  Getting up to get water is exhausting.  My mood has improved remarkably.  I thought I was making no progress but I am.  Thanks to the powers that be.   

illumination7--Thank you.  It's nice to be able to come in here, write and feel better.  

• Like 1