illumination70

The Mood Thread (Reboot)

My head hurts and I called in to work partially because of that and because it's the 3 year mark that my Mom passed away. I just couldn't give myself to people at work when I didn't feel like my heart was in it today.

• Sad 2

^^I understand you completely. My mother passed away recently, and some days I don't want to get out of bed. Luckily I can work from home sometimes.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Feeling Feisty because some rude and very ignorant snob type made some ASSumptions about us working class types.    As far as I'm concerned, those snobby types can take their dumb luck, smug behavior and stick it!!

• Upvote 1

On 3/6/2018 at 10:13 AM, bluegrace said:

^^I understand you completely. My mother passed away recently, and some days I don't want to get out of bed. Luckily I can work from home sometimes.

I wish I could do that. It would take a burden off.

On 3/8/2018 at 1:53 PM, toyoracer said:

I wish I could do that. It would take a burden off.

I'm envious of anyone who can work from home because I'm currently looking for one of those jobs.

Shaken up (is that even a mood?), after witnessing a car accident. I was driving along, listening to U2, and had to brake suddenly. I won't forget what I saw. I stayed to help until it was okay for me to leave after talking to the police.

My current mood is "eager" because I cannot wait until Lent  is over.  I know this will sound silly, but near the final stretch of the Lent season I get crabby.

Irritated. Been having a cold for weeks, and it won't wear off.

• Sad 1

Currently feeling "fed up" as a result of idiots who make assumptions about women over 40 as if we're something to be feared for some silly reason.

Feeling reflective about my dear sister in law who died 10 years ago today from a complication of Pregnancy. Ripped suddenly and unexpectedly from all our lives. I miss her everyday, but I am grateful everyday for my own health, family and life.

these things whilst unbearably painful at the time, make you stronger, and grateful for the simple things in life, and enjoy everyday cos it might be your last. 

anyway Linds, Miss you, love you and I raise a glass for you. See you on the other side.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, illumination70 said:

Relieved due to a minor scare on the homefront, but everything turned out ok.

I am glad everything turned out okay for you on the home front, illumumation70! Take care!

:wub:

On 2/7/2018 at 9:28 AM, illumination70 said:

Worried because I cannot find my keys.  After sleeping on it,  my bitchy side is wondering maybe we should have chicken for Chinese New Year LOL!!

Worried here too because I cannot find my sport pair of Maui Jim sunglasses and do not want to have to buy another pair.   Keys....so many times have I spent an hour or so looking for them only to realize they are hanging from my left pinky finger because my hands are full of other things.  Why would I look at my left hand when I'm right handed?  I've even searched for aforementioned sunglasses only to realize they are on my head.  Neil Young was right when he sang, A Man Needs A Maid.  (male or female, of course)   I'm really worried I'm not going to find my sunglasses.  It's been three days.

My current mood would be "enlightened" because I was feeling bad since I didn't do so well in the 12k run, but I found out a 72 year old collapsed and died of a cardiac arrest.  Long story short, I'm glad I finished the run because things could have gone sour.

Relieved because the royal wedding is over because there's a couple people in my family who are huge, wedding fans and iI don't have time for such fluff.