illumination70

The Mood Thread (Reboot)

Enlightened,  A couple years ago I remember we (my family and I) were waiting for our order at a Wendy's which was just beyond busy.  The young gal took our order and we waited patiently.  The next customer was a cute guy who placed his order and  not only did he get an apology for the store's business, but a free "Frosty" too.  A woman who was with us said "I guess it pays to be young and pretty" and everyone nodded in agreement.    Until this day I don't know why this memory pops it head up from time to time,but a good friend told me it could be a lesson on how our society gives better treatment to "pretty people".and to be on the look out for it.

UPCOMING EVENTS

No upcoming events found.

😱

Posted (edited)
On 6/24/2018 at 7:54 AM, illumination70 said:

Enlightened,  A couple years ago I remember we (my family and I) were waiting for our order at a Wendy's which was just beyond busy.  The young gal took our order and we waited patiently.  The next customer was a cute guy who placed his order and  not only did he get an apology for the store's business, but a free "Frosty" too.  A woman who was with us said "I guess it pays to be young and pretty" and everyone nodded in agreement.    Until this day I don't know why this memory pops it head up from time to time,but a good friend told me it could be a lesson on how our society gives better treatment to "pretty people".and to be on the look out for it.

Again?  You are a strong woman.  I say take over, put wilted lettuce on his burger and give him stale fries hidden under a couple fresh ones.  A man should point at the lady in front of him and say, ":She was first."    Now I"m crabby he did not.  

Edited by Manohlive

Exhausted. It is SO hot, been going on for days and days. And the heat keeps on coming.

On 7/23/2018 at 11:12 AM, bluegrace said:

Exhausted. It is SO hot, been going on for days and days. And the heat keeps on coming.

I can totally relate because we have wild fires popping up in my neck of the woods.  As for my current mood, today I felt relieved because a bill has been paid.

I'm sad to hear about Demi Levato's overdose.  I hope she's going to be okay.  I also hope the press leaves her be so she can get whatever she needs to be well again.

I've been feeling moody for a couple of days.  After much thought, I believe it's from breathing in the smoke from the nearby forest fires because not only is there burn pollen, but there could be chemicals in the smoke too.

• Sad 1

On 8/16/2018 at 10:03 AM, illumination70 said:

I've been feeling moody for a couple of days.  After much thought, I believe it's from breathing in the smoke from the nearby forest fires because not only is there burn pollen, but there could be chemicals in the smoke too.

I'm happy we got rain because the trees were/are all looking very stressed.   I'm sorry anyone has to breathe smoke and chemicals.  I don't know where you live, illumination70.  I hope those flames are doused and all becomes green again.  I hate chemicals.  I've hated them since the 1970's.  I'm happy and sad that gentleman sued Monsanto and won $287, 000, 000.  I'm sad he is terminally ill.  I'm hopeful it's a beginning to the end of all of that crap being indiscriminately dumped.  I'm getting ornery just thinking about it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, illumination70 said:

Current mood is hopeful because I'm hoping 2018 improves.

Same here, illumination70.  

I'm resigned to a sad reality.  I'm happy I could work the past two weekends.  I want to rip the head off of my ex and it would be just. I'm doing what is right but my gosh how I want to do the opposite.  I'm very happy I could work.  It's been years of fighting to say I could work.

Feels like I have a cold coming on. I am hot and cold at the same time.

Current mood in anxious, waiting for news about B’s voice and recovery ...

Edited by jojes

To be honest, I'm feeling a bit annoyed & defensive as I realize I may have been misinterpreted by someone. But really, I have to let it go. It's not really my problem about what someone else might think. 

I just hope I haven't been misrepresented. As my life becomes bigger, I'm challenged more to stand my ground. 

I'm good n' busy

12:10am and sick as a dog.  Sad to hear about Bono

I'm sad because my dog is dying.  His name is Bruff.  He's very cute and a sweetheart.  I'm happy he did not have to be put to sleep today.  I'm so blessed to have the extra time with him.  I'm still very sad.  He's my boy and I love him.  I did get kisses today though and have more days so I'm concentrating on the making the time I have left with him as happy as possible.  The sadness of letting go is bad but such is the cost of loving and having unconditional love given in return.

On 9/14/2018 at 4:39 AM, Manohlive said:

I'm sad because my dog is dying.  His name is Bruff.  He's very cute and a sweetheart.  I'm happy he did not have to be put to sleep today.  I'm so blessed to have the extra time with him.  I'm still very sad.  He's my boy and I love him.  I did get kisses today though and have more days so I'm concentrating on the making the time I have left with him as happy as possible.  The sadness of letting go is bad but such is the cost of loving and having unconditional love given in return.

I'm sorry and if you need to reach out to anyone there's a wonderful website called Lossofpet.com which has helped me cope whenever one of my pets went over the Rainbow Bridge.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for you kind words, illumination70.  I'm happy he is still lying next to me. I'm very fortunate he is going on 18 years old.  Irish Terriers rarely live that long.  He even pseudo fetched his favorite toy a few times today.  Yay! I was given the best dog ever, but I imagine you were too. 😉  I'm Catholic, but I disagree with the saint who said dogs don't go to heaven.  In my mind, dogs are a bit of heaven.  It helps to be able to write about Bruff. This is a very nice thread. I'm glad you created it, illumination70..  I truly appreciate your mention of lossofpet.com.      

I came into this thread to express the following moods::

I'm ecstatic my current president was laughed at when he boasted about himself at the United Nations General Assembly yesterday.   I'm pissed with how he went after Angela Merkel and Germany, along with many other countries..I'm frightened at how he callously picks fights with Iran. I'm scared he is still praising Kim and North Korea. I'm pissed he did not mention my country's failure to accept immigrants while criticizing others for not paying their fair share of expenses. I'm proud I live in a sanctuary city.  I'm horrified he did not mention Putin's behavior.  I'm livid he did not have the respect to show up on time, leaving the the United Nations General Assembly sitting and waiting for him.  I'm disgusted with how he walked in as though he were King Tut before his subjects. I'm ashamed, yet again, that he is my current president.  I watched the speech live and was yelling at the TV for his entire address.  I'm praying he has a very bad day on Thursday.  I'm sorry I have to be pleading for the downfall of a fellow human being, but he has to go..

I had to put my dog to sleep.  Pretty bummed.  Glad there is a show in Copenhagen today.

• Sad 2

14 minutes ago, Manohlive said:

I had to put my dog to sleep.  Pretty bummed.  Glad there is a show in Copenhagen today.

So sorry, Manohlive. My thoughts are with you.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Manohlive said:

Chin up mate ... you loved him dearly and gave him a great life and safe home, and that is all I doggy friends can wish for.

truly sorry for your loss

• Thanks 1