illumination70

The Mood Thread (Reboot)

2 minutes ago, Manohlive said:

Bucks won the first playoff round.  The Celtics again!  Yikes.  I'm happy but nervous and very superstitious.

I'm also very bummed and angry about all the needless suffering so many face in our world.  I'll snap out of it but I'm stuck in Why? mode.   I'm scared at how much people hate and how little regard people have for human life when they get seduced by hatred.  I know we'll somehow make it but I can't see or feel that right now.  I need to stop watching the video of the guy in the backpack walking into the church in Sri Lanka before he detonated.  It makes me sick to my stomach.

Imagine no Religion......

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

I’m sick of philanthropists who can find hundreds of millions of Euros to fix a very nice church but don’t feel the need to pay taxes to support those less fortunate than themselves in the world.

it seems we value ‘culture and art’ more highly than human existence. The gap between rich and poor is wider than ever.

Edited by doctornickriviera
  • Upvote 1

Just now, doctornickriviera said:

Imagine no Religion

Imagine people not taking the name of God hostage and leaving everyone to pursue their own path while living in peace.  These bombings are not religion.  They are evil hatred.

• Brilliant 1

Posted (edited)

Yep it’s the way various religions are manipulated for evil around the world that is the problem......

Edited by doctornickriviera
  • Like 1
  • Brilliant 1

The way I see it religion is a human construct. If you look back into the Bible Jesus told his followers that you can have a direct relationship with God. There is no need to go through the middle men with their rituals, money changing and power structure. When asked how a person could pray as an individual Jesus gave them the Lord's prayer. It is exactly the same with Buddhism and others... the founder advocated a personal interaction with the Divine but when the founder passed away humans quickly inserted themselves between God and people. Basically "You have to go through us to get to God, and it's not a free service brothers and sisters."

But each to their own, find what works for you. There are people who find support in being part of a community and that is great. If it helps you to go through a middle man then good, whatever works for you. However you don't need to. The Divine is everywhere and everyone. They don't just hang out in churches and temples.

• Brilliant 1

I'm in a peaceful yet rocking mood.  Bruce is currently playing.  No Surrender, baby!    I'm so happy I got tix to Dawes at Codfish.  Sat night sold out in a couple hours of a small presale.  It is the place to see Dawes in my part of America.   I've got half a dozen Dawes and Head and the Heart shows form now through September.  If it can't be U2-give me those two.   The news sucks but it ain't gettin' me tonight.  

On 5/13/2019 at 6:13 PM, illumination70 said:

feeling bummed because another store I frequented is going under along with some other things going "belly up"

My favorite sandwich place closed.  It's sad when that happens. 

This is the sixth day of a massive headache outbreak.  It's a migraine and cluster headache, and others, all at once.  I cannot tell the difference.  I went through the hyper phase, the plummet,  the depression, anger, confusion and the craziness. I was able to conquer the despair but it took everything I have not to fall into it.  Six days of 9.5 out of 10 on the pain scale.  I'm happy I was able to beat that despair.  I'm very thankful that I can listen to music and my head does not get worse.  It helps to post in the Zoo so thanks to everyone.  I post some crazy stuff that mortifies me yet everyone is kind.  Grazie Mille. .  

OH-The Milwaukee Bucks won the first two games of our NBA Eastern Conference Finals.  Last night's victory was a 22 point spread.  I'm very happy even though it's infuriating that the game is less then two miles away from my home yet I can't watch it because I don't have cable.  It's my choice.  Not having cable makes it possible to go to concerts.  Go Bucks!  .    

I'm currently feeling feisty because there's only so much man society driven double standards one can take.  I tall ya I don't know if it's DNA from Ireland or Spain,but I've been punchy lately!!

7 hours ago, illumination70 said:

I'm currently feeling feisty because there's only so much man society driven double standards one can take.  I tall ya I don't know if it's DNA from Ireland or Spain,but I've been punchy lately!!

I'm sorry that happens.  I watch it take place all the time.  I've never thought of women as anything but my equal.      

I"m still angry that Drake gets away with mocking other players during basketball games. I didn't like it before, and now he's doing it to my team.  I'm ornery that someone from the New York Times wrote an opinion piece which supports Drake's behavior. If I behaved as he does-I'd get thrown out of the game. I'm tired of privileged people getting away with breaking rules. If my team loses, so be it.  Nobody should be disrespected in the process.  

I'm also sad for, and worried about. all the people enduring the severe weather in my country.  Utter devastation and record flooding is occurring.  The people interviewed on TV look broken.  There are more rounds of bad weather tonight.  There were tornadoes on the ground while I watched the news.  Most states in America's Heartland have very little crops planted because it's too wet. 

• Brilliant 1

On 5/24/2019 at 5:06 PM, Manohlive said:

I'm sorry that happens.  I watch it take place all the time.  I've never thought of women as anything but my equal.      

I"m still angry that Drake gets away with mocking other players during basketball games. I didn't like it before, and now he's doing it to my team.  I'm ornery that someone from the New York Times wrote an opinion piece which supports Drake's behavior. If I behaved as he does-I'd get thrown out of the game. I'm tired of privileged people getting away with breaking rules. If my team loses, so be it.  Nobody should be disrespected in the process.  

I'm also sad for, and worried about. all the people enduring the severe weather in my country.  Utter devastation and record flooding is occurring.  The people interviewed on TV look broken.  There are more rounds of bad weather tonight.  There were tornadoes on the ground while I watched the news.  Most states in America's Heartland have very little crops planted because it's too wet. 

I agree on Drake because his behavior shows poor sportsmanship on his behalf!!  I also can understand your concern of the mid-west with Mother Nature and the tariffs are going to make produce much more expensive.  In fact, I've had to cut back on making my home-made quacamole as a result of avocado prices increasing.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/27/2019 at 9:18 AM, illumination70 said:

In fact, I've had to cut back on making my home-made quacamole as a result of avocado prices increasing.

They are expensive by me too.  I had to skip buying them. (The price has almost doubled if one takes into account the sizing of them.)  I made friends with a lady in my building when I helped her move all her big stuff.  She informed me that the odd looking porcelain thing in my cupboard is for making quiche.  (I had no idea)   She printed off a recipe and ordered me to make my first one.  "I thought it was for pie crust or something."  "You're hopeless."  She's funny.  She smacked me and called me stupid.   I love it. 

My mood:  I'm very happy that the presales seem to be going well.  I've read the threads and there do not appear to be any major problems.  I can't go to these shows but was hoping/praying that everyone got tickets.  It appears that is happening.  I'm looking forward to the live threads.  

Edited by Manohlive
  • Like 1

I'm currently feeling eager (if that's a mood) for my paycheck to arrive & hoping I've earned enough to pay my bills!!

I'm anxious.  I have a major medical appointment on Monday.  I'm pushing them to see if I can go back to work.

I'm also horrified over the deaths of Jaquerrion Dancer in my city and Kora Middono in Chicago.  Both were two months old and beaten to death.  Kora died of blunt-force injuries to her head.  We don't know what actually killed Jaquerrion yet.   I can't sleep.  I'm very, very sad. 

I'm struggling with anger.

I watched women crying as Mexican military made them get in a bus and be stopped short of the American dream.  For me, that dream is freedom and acceptance.  I'm angry my government does not have to balls to carry out it's own current will.  We have Mexico do it.  I'm angry at the price Mexico, Central and South America has paid for America to be.  Now we deny others?  I'm thinking of John Mellenccamp singing, "Rain on the scarecrow; blood on the plow.".  We won't even assume responsiblity for our own trash after the whole world commits to not sending its garbage to impoverished nations.

Trump Out Now.   I don't know if it's impeachment or prison.  I want him gone. 

• Like 1

On 6/10/2019 at 11:16 PM, Manohlive said:

I'm struggling with anger.

I watched women crying as Mexican military made them get in a bus and be stopped short of the American dream.  For me, that dream is freedom and acceptance.  I'm angry my government does not have to balls to carry out it's own current will.  We have Mexico do it.  I'm angry at the price Mexico, Central and South America has paid for America to be.  Now we deny others?  I'm thinking of John Mellenccamp singing, "Rain on the scarecrow; blood on the plow.".  We won't even assume responsiblity for our own trash after the whole world commits to not sending its garbage to impoverished nations.

Trump Out Now.   I don't know if it's impeachment or prison.  I want him gone. 

Me too because his policies have caused many to lose jobs, homes, dreams,etc.

• Like 1

On 6/12/2019 at 10:47 PM, illumination70 said:

Me too because his policies have caused many to lose jobs, homes, dreams,etc.

24 have lost their lives while in ICE custody under the Trump administration.  I can only imagine how many more lost theirs going to and fro.  Nobody wants to talk about it by me.  Very frustrating.

'An autopsy is pending to determine the official cause of death'   I no longer believe my government.

I want him gone.

Edited by Manohlive

Roller coaster emotions.

My niece was on vacation with her boyfriend.  Their dog got out of the house where he was being watched while they were gone.  Sadly, Petrie got hit by a car and was killed.  I'm very close with my niece.  We are friends.  What do you say but I'm sorry?  My heart is broken for them.  It's weird because I was missing Bruff all day long.  I teared up a few times.  I didn't know why.  I texted her a bit ago and she told me.  I can't imagine what I'd feel were it me.  

Her mom (my sister) and her grandmother (My mom) did not bother to tell me.  I'm angry with them but also feel sorry for them. I gotta let it go but c'mom; it's family.  They are all in Florida.  I'm in Wisconsin. I can't go hug my niece.  I texted my brother's family here in Wisconsin.  They are getting in touch to console my niece, as are their children. At least she gets the chain of family in us.  

I feel bad for her friend who was watching Petrie.   She's a good friend.

I am in bad head pain.  It's been a joy to watch new Zootpians get tickets in the Singapore presale.  U2 and Bruce make everything better.   I'm thankful I can listen to music. 

18 hours ago, Manohlive said:

Roller coaster emotions.

My niece was on vacation with her boyfriend.  Their dog got out of the house where he was being watched while they were gone.  Sadly, Petrie got hit by a car and was killed.  I'm very close with my niece.  We are friends.  What do you say but I'm sorry?  My heart is broken for them.  It's weird because I was missing Bruff all day long.  I teared up a few times.  I didn't know why.  I texted her a bit ago and she told me.  I can't imagine what I'd feel were it me.  

Her mom (my sister) and her grandmother (My mom) did not bother to tell me.  I'm angry with them but also feel sorry for them. I gotta let it go but c'mom; it's family.  They are all in Florida.  I'm in Wisconsin. I can't go hug my niece.  I texted my brother's family here in Wisconsin.  They are getting in touch to console my niece, as are their children. At least she gets the chain of family in us.  

I feel bad for her friend who was watching Petrie.   She's a good friend.

I am in bad head pain.  It's been a joy to watch new Zootpians get tickets in the Singapore presale.  U2 and Bruce make everything better.   I'm thankful I can listen to music. 

I'm so sorry for your loss because something similar happened to a Bichon Frise I would dog-sit for a couple years ago.  ((HUGS))

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, illumination70 said:

I'm so sorry

If it is okay with you, illumination70, I shall pass your condolence on to my niece.  She needs it.  She knows I love the Zoo.  It will have meaning coming from another U2 lover.  

My good thing is that I'm listening to U22 for another late evening.  .