illumination70

The Mood Thread (Reboot)

I'm ornery.  A major headache kicked off right before a concert I saw on Saturday.  I was able to concentrate on the show and forget about it.  Sadly, it has persisted.  I'm thankful I got to go see the show.  I did not think I would get there when I woke up on Saturday.  I'm still ornery.  Part of me is at peace.  I'm not sure why but I'm riding it and not asking questions.  

As usual, I am disgusted by politics.  A plea to God-Please raise up a group of leaders who wish to serve the poorest of the poor first. 

I'm feeling anxious about a temp job I'm working tonight and next Friday night so I sure could use some prayers, good vibes,etc to get through these shifts.

My current mood is slightly irritated because for the good majority of the weekend I was busing tables at a restaurant.  Don't get me wrong the people I worked with were great, but when a rich twat or a glamour puss tells you that's NOT hard work really stinks as ignorance generally does.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I'm irritated with married/partnered people making overtures and then getting pissed when I decline by saying I wouldn't want someone to do the same to me. Get out or stay in and make it work with your spouse.  It's the kindest thing you can do.  

Edited by Manohlive
  • Like 1

My current mood is "enlightened" as a result of completing a temp job where I washed dishes and cleaned tables for a nearby result.  As a result, I learned this line of work is very hard and if any rich snob tells you otherwise, you have my permission to go him/her to buy a brain!!

• Like 1

Content .... been with my wife for 19 years and she’s still my favouritest person to spend time with. Blessed

Feeling a little lost here - it's been a very long time since I've visited here.  Happy for the people I've met and become friends with thanks to Zootopia.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LIBRARYLADY said:

Feeling a little lost here

May you soon be found. 

I'm in a really good mood.  It's been a great day.  I'm listening to Sheryl Crow and  feeling mellow. A midnight walk by the lake with more tunes is on deck. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Feeling ok. Busier than I'd like although my life is becoming richer. Slowly nearing my personal goals, I'm going the long way, (the scenic route)

I'm in a fantastic mood.  I just saw my other favorite fan at the best venue possible.  

• Like 1

Happy-it's Irish Fest by me.  Largest Irish festival outside of Ireland.  I get to go see Irish Terriers and play with them. (yay)  I badly want another. There is a promo where one can donate 10 original Irish music items to an Irish music archive for our Irish Center and get two admissions.  They'll be getting an old original copy of Achtung Baby from me as one item.  I'm deciding if I should give them the gifted U2 seriographs I am not going to frame.  Otherwise, they'll be just sitting in a tube in my closet.  I'm thinking this is a good place for them to go.  Why is it so hard to give them up?   

• Like 1

On 8/27/2019 at 11:12 PM, illumination70 said:

Accomplished after finishing a 3 hour long dental appointment on Monday!!

Love that feeling of elated relief when I walk out of the dentist office.  

I am worried about my family and Hurricane Dorian.  If it crosses into the Gulf or goes north into Georgia-they are still in its cross hairs.  The local sheriff is saying they are going to get hit hard.  They got it the worst of anyone for Irma.  Everyone was okay.  Each one makes me more nervous. We didn't help Puerto Rico for Maria.  Payback is a bitch and we are overdue.  I'm very nervous about this one.  It reminds me of Andrew and I've no idea why.  

18 hours ago, Manohlive said:

I am worried about my family and Hurricane Dorian.  If it crosses into the Gulf or goes north into Georgia-they are still in its cross hairs.  The local sheriff is saying they are going to get hit hard.  They got it the worst of anyone for Irma.  Everyone was okay.  Each one makes me more nervous. We didn't help Puerto Rico for Maria.  Payback is a bitch and we are overdue.  I'm very nervous about this one.  It reminds me of Andrew and I've no idea why.  

I hear ya because I'm so over these smug idiots who say there's no such thing as climate change,.  Meanwhile the Amazon is on fire, Polar Ice caps are melting and Mother Nature is getting ready to whoop our asses in via extreme weather.

2 minutes ago, illumination70 said:

I hear ya because I'm so over these smug idiots who say there's no such thing as climate change,.  Meanwhile the Amazon is on fire, Polar Ice caps are melting and Mother Nature is getting ready to whoop our asses in via extreme weather.

The irony is that Florida consumes a massive amount of water, on a daily basis, keeping things green which would otherwise be burned out, or better yet, replaced with something both sustainable and attractive.  I'm in horror and disgust every single time I'm down there and see it-which is every day and all day. A lot of this fresh water evaporates before it can even try to keep the green going.  Now, I'm in fear for the well being of others due to a massive amount of fresh water falling in a torrent. This is in the middle of central Florida.  The last hurricane, Irma, to hit them caused a 7 foot surge of fresh water, from a lake, to rush two or three blocks in to the city from all directions.  I asked a friend, before that storm, if he thought it was possible.  He thought I was nuts. 

It is going to land as a Cat 4 storm. They are going to under 120-130 mph winds for hours.  Mom's convinced the backup generator will work.  (Lmao in psychotic need of slapping her but I can't)   😀  When asked if she bought batteries, I was told she's had some forever and they are fine in the package even though they are old. (IV Valim Stat-patient is going into a seizure)  😉   I'd find comfort in the fact that her brother and his wife live a mile or two away from her, however, they slept through Hurricane Irma, which caused the unprecedented surge I mentioned above.  (I'm ready for the laughing gas on that one.)   😛

Posted (edited)

I'm in a very good mood despite being nervous with worry.  Most of them have weather radios which are still in the package. This includes my mom.  She is not aware a tutorial is going to be had between Milwaukee and Florida tomorrow. (there is no possible remedy for that one)  What mood would one be in when having the need to stand very, very still so his or her jaw can remain dropped completely wide open?   Put me in that bin. 

Edited by Manohlive

I'm crabby.  The headache cycles have been vicious and non-stop.  I can't open the drapes-blah blah.  I started getting down and feeling sorry for myself.  It pisses me off when I allow that to happen.  I've got it better than so many people but the pain is really getting to me.  It's a 9 out of 10.  I'd pick 10 but there's nowhere to go after that so it's a nine but feels like a ten.   I'm hoping The Head and the Heart concerts I'm seeing this next week lift my spirits.  I'm going no matter how much it hurts.  I want to hear People Need A Melody live, among many others.  I hope these let up so I can enjoy it.  I hate it when I whine.

I'm also very irritated that my current president is saying my country might not take people fleeing the Bahamas due to Hurricane Doria's carnage.   "Some really bad people in that crowd...."   Look in the mirror, you dumb f#$k.