Sign in to follow this  
illumination70

The Mood Thread (Reboot)

10 hours ago, doctornickriviera said:

Feeling sad that more than ever before we have a list of bad choices to vote for in the upcoming U.K. general election.

least worst option it is then........

I just sighed because I don't want to vote for anyone running for president in my country, doc.  I hear you.  It's not a nice feeling.  Their focus is not about helping people.  It's not about service.  It's fundraising, having good one-liners and going on the offense. It's about attacking and discrediting. It's stump speeches.  I don't want any of them. I'm not voting for someone just to beat Trump. It's very disheartening.  

I'm feeling thankful for my new dog.  I'm feeling a bit guilty she doesn't have a house to run around in and play.  That being said, she's getting three hour-long walks a day, plus several shorter ones.  She gets constant attention where she was having to be shut off from the other dogs due to fighting over who would be alpha.  She has a much, much better life, even though she was loved by her last owner.  Everywhere we go, people look at her and smile.  The boots are a huge hit.  I'm not sure why.  They are a necessity for her paws to protect them from the salt.  They also spare my apartment.  She's getting well researched, good and healthy dog food. (No table scraps or any people food)  I still feel guilty she doesn't have the house I had.

• Like 1

On 11/11/2019 at 7:52 AM, Manohlive said:

I just sighed because I don't want to vote for anyone running for president in my country, doc.  I hear you.  It's not a nice feeling.  Their focus is not about helping people.  It's not about service.  It's fundraising, having good one-liners and going on the offense. It's about attacking and discrediting. It's stump speeches.  I don't want any of them. I'm not voting for someone just to beat Trump. It's very disheartening.  

I'm feeling thankful for my new dog.  I'm feeling a bit guilty she doesn't have a house to run around in and play.  That being said, she's getting three hour-long walks a day, plus several shorter ones.  She gets constant attention where she was having to be shut off from the other dogs due to fighting over who would be alpha.  She has a much, much better life, even though she was loved by her last owner.  Everywhere we go, people look at her and smile.  The boots are a huge hit.  I'm not sure why.  They are a necessity for her paws to protect them from the salt.  They also spare my apartment.  She's getting well researched, good and healthy dog food. (No table scraps or any people food)  I still feel guilty she doesn't have the house I had.

New Dog you say !?! Pictures please!

10 hours ago, doctornickriviera said:

It’s Boris V Jezza Corbyn with a side of Sturgeon .......with Farage lingering like a bad smell....

Hobson’s Choice 

election the 12/12

Yes - I understand your feelings then. If I were able to vote there, I'd have to go with Corbyn. (Farage is clearly the lovechild of a used car salesman and the Cheshire Cat, and he has the authenticity of a 3 pound note. I also suspect he was/is in cahoots with Assange and Putin - no wonder he liked/likes Trump. 🙄 Sturgeon has no presence outside of Scotland (obviously, being the leader of the SNP); and Boris...Jesus H. Christ. 🤮)

Good luck. 🍀

Edited by dmway

I'm feeling rather foolish.  I do not seem to be able to get the timing of TJT 2019 shows correct.  I just signed in, thinking there was one happening tonight. 😕    .I'm also feeling warm and fuzzy.  My new dog is starting to really like me.  We had a lot of fun today.

Edited by Manohlive
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, dmway said:

Yes - I understand your feelings then. If I were able to vote there, I'd have to go with Corbyn. (Farage is clearly the lovechild of a used car salesman and the Cheshire Cat, and he has the authenticity of a 3 pound note. I also suspect he was/is in cahoots with Assange and Putin - no wonder he liked/likes Trump. 🙄 Sturgeon has no presence outside of Scotland (obviously, being the leader of the SNP); and Boris...Jesus H. Christ. 🤮)

Good luck. 🍀

Thanks we need it........ To quote Michael Stipe ... world leaders pretend. 

my view it is not if, but when Scotland goes it alone..... I’ll be sad to see them go but completely understand the POV up there....they simply are not represented by the Westminster Govt.

• Like 1

On 11/11/2019 at 1:52 AM, Manohlive said:

just sighed because I don't want to vote for anyone running for president in my country

I feel bad for saying this.  There are candidates for whom I would vote. They did not make the debates.  Joe Biden cannot win the nomination.  I won't vote for him. The last thing I want is another pompous leader with a big mouth.His son should never have been involved in business dealings with foreign countries when Biden was vice president.  Elizabeth Warrn cannot beat Trump.  I like her but she's too much of an extremist.  I do like Bernie Sanders.  I don't see him winning the nomination but who knows? . I'm not voting for someone I do not support, just so we beat Trump.  I'll write in Bugs Bunny, as a protest vote, before I do. Our election is not about what's right.  It's about which side wins. The whole process disgusts me.  I want a leader who is willing to sacrifice for the greater good of all-not just America. I want one who does not care how long he or she stays in power..Right now-I don't want either side.  Each just cancels the other and nothing gets solved.  I'm in a bad mood.  I just spent a lot of time watching news.  It's made me ornery.. I'm frustarted with how much Trump can lie and his supporters accept it.  They know he's lying.  They don't care so they won't admit it.  It's very discouraging.  

Edited by Manohlive
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, doctornickriviera said:

Pictures please!

I'd post one but I can't figure out how to resize pics.  The files are too big.  

I'm not as crabby as I was.  😀    I got my head bit off, for no apparently reason, by a few people today..  There's something in the air.  My crabbiness was initially caused by watching the impeachment hearings.  I had to turn off the TV.  I was yelling and swearing and stomping.  It's ludicrous.  There's not even an attempt at decorum.  I want to spank several of them.  

I'm very worried about a few people I dearly love.  Their health is not good.  Novemeber is a brutal month for any health condition.  People are in pain/facing challenges/having a hard time, physically adjusting to our ensuing winter.  I, myself, feel like I'm 129.7235 years old today.     

On 11/13/2019 at 6:24 AM, Manohlive said:

I feel bad for saying this.  There are candidates for whom I would vote. They did not make the debates.  Joe Biden cannot win the nomination.  I won't vote for him. The last thing I want is another pompous leader with a big mouth.His son should never have been involved in business dealings with foreign countries when Biden was vice president.  Elizabeth Warrn cannot beat Trump.  I like her but she's too much of an extremist.  I do like Bernie Sanders.  I don't see him winning the nomination but who knows? . I'm not voting for someone I do not support, just so we beat Trump.  I'll write in Bugs Bunny, as a protest vote, before I do. Our election is not about what's right.  It's about which side wins. The whole process disgusts me.  I want a leader who is willing to sacrifice for the greater good of all-not just America. I want one who does not care how long he or she stays in power..Right now-I don't want either side.  Each just cancels the other and nothing gets solved.  I'm in a bad mood.  I just spent a lot of time watching news.  It's made me ornery.. I'm frustarted with how much Trump can lie and his supporters accept it.  They know he's lying.  They don't care so they won't admit it.  It's very discouraging.  

I hear ya. I'm very concerned too. 🙁 I'm an American, too. Propaganda is a huge root of the problem. As you probably know, any media outlet that exists to promote one political party & demonize the other is propaganda, & it's dangerous. It's brainwashing & cult-making. Hitler couldn't have done what he did without it. Fox is the Republican propaganda & MSNBC is the Democratic. I remember when we only had the straightforward, objective journalism outlets. Maybe you know this already, but what happened was that the Reagan administration took away the 'Fairness Doctrine' that we used to have under the Federal Communications Commission (FCC). Because they took that away, what I call 'Hate Radio' flourished: hotheaded hatemongers riling people up on the radio against others - followed by the start of FoxFakeNews. Then, after 50 yrs of having a Voting Rights Act (the thing that MLK, Jr was killed for achieving!) the VRA got watered down in court because Republicans basically said - 'look - we have a black president so we don't need the VRA anymore.' They just wanted the federal government to not be looking over their shoulders anymore at how they conduct elections. Trump is the result. We need the Fairness Doctrine back - and we need a new Voting Rights Act. We need America back! (P.S. - My opinion is that Not voting for a candidate opposing Don-the-Con is just giving him an extra vote.) (P.P.S. - I almost forgot: I remember consulting unbiased fact-checking sites during the last presidential election & one of them - PolitiFact dot com I think - checked to see the percent of major statements made by Trump that were partly or completely false compared to those by Hillary: It was something very close to 80% false or partly false from Trump! It was around 20% from Hillary, which is just average for politicians of any political party. They don't cancel each other out - truly they don't: Trump is Incompetent & DANGEROUS. He will Lie us into WWIII if we let him.)

Edited by Alma1

On 11/20/2019 at 9:35 AM, Manohlive said:

I'm in a good mood despite a headache which is going on a week long.

I can relate I got a Migraine last Monday  and it wouldn't go away until Wednesday ((HUGS))   As for my current mood, I'm feeling relieved because  I'm almost done with a chaotic busy week. 

• Like 1

On 11/23/2019 at 10:21 PM, illumination70 said:

I got a Migraine last Monday  and it wouldn't go away until Wednesday

I'm sorry to hear that.  I hope they stay away from you henceforth.

I'm not in a good mood but not in a bad one either.  Neutrality.  It takes effort not to get very angry when I keep up with the news.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, illumination70 said:

I'm a bit nervous because I begin working for a new company this Saturday and all those "what-if's" are coming at me left and right.

May it be your best job ever.

I had a very nice Thanksgiving.  The "t-Word" only came up once.  (shh...lol)  Nobody responded.  (whew and thanks)   

I'm happy that the balloons were able to fly for the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.  I was worried kids were gonna be bummed.

I'm anxious for the ritual of putting up my Christmas tree and assembling my creche. . 

I'm thankful that the lady down the hall who I helped move and is now a freind got a very good report from her oncologist.  They called it a nuisance cancer.  She did not like that, nor do I.  It is great news so thanks. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I'm ornery.  Three days of temps just above freezing and gale force wind with rain kicked off a major migraine cycle that's going on four days.

MUCh better mood today.  A very long hot shower got that cycle to break.  The weather cleared.  The Sun was out shining.  Ornery is not a mood I enjoy.  

Despair.

If you live in the UK and you are poor, ill, disabled, need free Universal Healthcare, social support, need personal care, education or working rights, youwork for the public sector and not a millionaire be very afraid. I cant quite believe Britain has fallen yet again for a  proven serial untrustworthy liar but the opposition has a lot to answer for by not offering a viable alternative for many.

Labour .....wake up and smell the coffee! What didn’t work in 1983 doesnt work now. If you ever want to get elected you have to appeal to the Middle English voter and if you dont you will forever be in opposition.

And farewell Scotland ....Westminster hasn’t represented you for years.... Good Luck and and best wishes for the future.

53E34EDA-A078-4FD9-9D14-914A927ED407.jpeg

Edited by doctornickriviera

18 hours ago, doctornickriviera said:

Despair.

If you live in the UK and you are poor, ill, disabled, need free Universal Healthcare, social support, need personal care, education or working rights, youwork for the public sector and not a millionaire be very afraid. I cant quite believe Britain has fallen yet again for a  proven serial untrustworthy liar but the opposition has a lot to answer for by not offering a viable alternative for many.

Labour .....wake up and smell the coffee! What didn’t work in 1983 doesnt work now. If you ever want to get elected you have to appeal to the Middle English voter and if you dont you will forever be in opposition.

And farewell Scotland ....Westminster hasn’t represented you for years.... Good Luck and and best wishes for the future.

53E34EDA-A078-4FD9-9D14-914A927ED407.jpeg

My sincere condolences. I can't believe it either.

I was there to witness the beginning of the Brexit nonsense, and now it's going to happen for real? Just gobsmacking...

I have to say I was less surprised that the Tories won than by the margin of the victory - that's has to be a referendum on the "unlikeability" of Corbyn, isn't it? Boris certainly has no charisma, unless buffoonery substitutes for charisma nowadays.

Temporary good news here for once - 2 articles of impeachment passed the House Judiciary Committee today, so the full House gets to vote on them next Wednesday (or so it has been reported). If that vote happens as expected, he is officially impeached forever. (Removal from office, of course, is a different story; however, it is still significant if he is impeached without removal. If he is impeached first by the full House, he can't ever be pardoned for the offenses later. They stain him for good. (Nixon in 1974 resigned before the full House could impeach him; thus, Ford was legally able to pardon him for his crimes later. Crimes leading to full impeachment can't ever be pardoned.) I predict that 2020 will be as bad a year in the courts for Trump as 2019 was. He will get a level of comeuppance - how much is yet to be determined.)

On 12/13/2019 at 10:40 PM, dmway said:

Temporary good news here for once - 2 articles of impeachment passed the House Judiciary Committee today, so the full House gets to vote on them next Wednesday (or so it has been reported). If that vote happens as expected, he is officially impeached forever. (Removal from office, of course, is a different story; however, it is still significant if he is impeached without removal. If he is impeached first by the full House, he can't ever be pardoned for the offenses later. They stain him for good. (Nixon in 1974 resigned before the full House could impeach him; thus, Ford was legally able to pardon him for his crimes later. Crimes leading to full impeachment can't ever be pardoned.) I predict that 2020 will be as bad a year in the courts for Trump as 2019 was. He will get a level of comeuppance - how much is yet to be determined.)

...and now it is official - he’s impeached on both articles. My mood (since that’s what the thread is for) is somber and relieved. We still have a modicum of accountability in this country yet.

• Like 1