carriemunky

What has been your favourite track?

What has been the most mind blowing song that you have been dying to hear live, then it finally comes true? Well for me on the JT30 tour it has got to be EXIT. Since the start of the tour I had only listened to 8 live feeds but stayed away from video clips as I wanted it to be as fresh to me as it did to those folk I heard gasp in awe or scream in amazement at some of the graphics & audio visuals. That is apart from EXIT, I had to see it after all these years, I had to see Bono, The Edge, Adam & Larry play this track that I had waited almost 30yrs to hear & see. Yep I played it over and over again, to the point I have the Eenie meenie minnie mo snippet as my ring tone. So when I flew over to Croke to see it I was not disappointed at all. It totally blew me away. It still flashes in my head when I close my eyes, I can still remember going nuts and having to say sorry to the girl behind me as I stood on her glasses and broke them (my bad). Anyway here is my video of this magic moment but I would like to hear what other U2 fans have that one special moment or song that will live with them forever. 

Have to agree with you there. Exit was amazing on night 1 in London. Other personal highlights included New Year's Day and Bad - when Bono started singing Bowie I felt my spine tingle like I've rarely felt before.

3 hours ago, peterferris8 said:

Have to agree with you there. Exit was amazing on night 1 in London. Other personal highlights included New Year's Day and Bad - when Bono started singing Bowie I felt my spine tingle like I've rarely felt before.

I was hoping for the hero's snippet at the end of BAD, but sadly never got it at Croke. NYD was amazing to.

I went to London 1 and Exit was a highlight for me too. Bono as the Shadowman... wow! Finally getting to hear ISHFWILF live - I cried like a baby. Also Miss Sarajevo/Syria was amazing even though Bono didn't do the Pavarotti part himself as he sometimes has in the past. If anything, hearing the recording of Pavarotti gave me goosebumps. What a voice he had. 

And to get both New Year's Day and Bad in the same show, along with everything else... then Noel came back on stage to close the show with Don't Look Back In Anger - that was really special. The whole show was just brilliant.

Although I *still* don't understand why Red Hill Mining Town made me cry. Maybe I never will... just one of those unexplainable concert moments :)

39 minutes ago, padawanbeck84 said:

I went to London 1 and Exit was a highlight for me too. Bono as the Shadowman... wow! Finally getting to hear ISHFWILF live - I cried like a baby. Also Miss Sarajevo/Syria was amazing even though Bono didn't do the Pavarotti part himself as he sometimes has in the past. If anything, hearing the recording of Pavarotti gave me goosebumps. What a voice he had. 

And to get both New Year's Day and Bad in the same show, along with everything else... then Noel came back on stage to close the show with Don't Look Back In Anger - that was really special. The whole show was just brilliant.

Although I *still* don't understand why Red Hill Mining Town made me cry. Maybe I never will... just one of those unexplainable concert moments :)

Red Hill made me cry every time I saw it too. 

14 hours ago, padawanbeck84 said:

For me the tears came at the intro of Streets. When Edge starting playing that little guitar loop, I think that's when it hit me that I was about to hear one of the greatest albums of all time played in its entirety. Noel's appearance at the end (and his own set as well, mind you) was fantastic, not to mention The Little Things That Give You Away has got me so gassed for Songs of Experience!

Most mind-blowing song was the Little Things That Give You Away. I'm with U2 as far as not playing it each time on the set list. Agree with fans who are saying I WILL FOLLOW is a good ender. Besides the most beloved U2 song ender, 40.

Exit was a song that never really captivated me and what U2 did to it. The whole thing..the graphics,,the adding of new lyrics..The Shadow Man and what Bono did with him. It took on a whole other meaning for me.

Red Hill Mining Town and One Tree Hill had a lot of heart and soul. All the songs do, but for me some days you could really feel the heart of the songs in them.

Read a good article on atu2.com about Exit on this tour and how it's taken up the role in the set Bullet the Blue Sky normally takes. Hopefully they'll bring it into the setlist on future tours...

Edited by peterferris8

The song that I really wanted to hear live was Bad, and now I've heard it twice. Brought tears to my eyes both times. But not as much when Streets started and the band came to the main stage where I was standing almost mid-stage, by Bono. Never thought I would get so close. But for this tour, Trip through Your Wires and Exit have just been great live, to me. 

I have never been to a U2 concert yet.

But the two songs I would love to listen to live are?

With Or Without You. 

And Mysterious Ways.

But they got to come to Australia so I can see them play. I'd love that. Love you U2. :u2-1383: :wub: