Sign in to follow this  
dermo

Worst tour for phones/cameras

I was lucky enough to make it to the Berlin and Dublin Joshua Tree Tour shows and while both were fantastic something that did spoil them slightly for me were peoples use of their phones and cameras.  Now I'm not against taking a few snaps but it has now reached the point where there is too much of it.  Some and I stress some people seem more intent on, and happy with the distraction of, capturing photos and videos than enjoying the moment and reliving the memories of the show in their minds.  It's a live show for heavens sake, so enjoy that live momentfor what it is.  At the Berlin show in particular there was one gentleman beside me who live streamed nearly the whole show constantly moving about to get the best shot while in Dublin there were times that the band could hardly be seen while on the B stage for the forest of arms raised aloft. Don't get me wrong I love to watch videos , some of great quality, of the shows but if being able to see these is at the expense of my enjoyment of the show well then I would rather have my memories.

Yeah, I wish the band would stream videos of the shows. They pro shoot every show. Nobody will watch poor quality YouTube & Periscope clips if there's pro shot vids out there. 

Been mentioned loads of times absolute self centred muppets  whos only goal in life is posting to fb going look at me i am at a u2 concert arent i special