Sign in to follow this  
newsman

Tour shirts way too small: Anyone else having this problem?

Let me start by saying I haven’t grown much since seeing U2 for the first time in 1992. In fact, I still wear my XL Zoo TV tour shirts without problem. 

So consider my disappointment when I splurged on a $40 XL Joshua Tree shirt at a show in June and it already doesn’t fit. It was too small to begin with. After two washes, it fits like a medium. 

I was already telling myself that I could no longer afford any more U2 shows. Sadly, that was my last of 12 shows. The apparent total disregard for the fan’s dollar when its comes to the merch is just one more reason to say goodbye.

I’ll stick to bootleg merch in the future. At least it fits.

Anyone else having trouble with the JT shirt sizes?

Edited by newsman

On 05/08/2017 at 0:27 PM, newsman said:

Anyone else having trouble with the JT shirt sizes?

Yes me!  I used to be a small (in fact the labels say 'youths large') and unfortunately due to some health issues, and subsequent weight gain, I had to buy medium!  obviously that's not the shirts fault lol!  I can't get in any of my others and hope 1. I lose that weight, 2. The medium shirt shrinks so it will fit in the future.  I do think the previous shirts were quite generous sizes...hubby has a slane castle one from 2001, I swear it's a medium and it's so big it can be worn as a nightshirt!

The sizes are all over the place and it made it very hard to make a purchase.  The most common thing is that they run small.  My 2xl green shirt fits like an xl.  My 2 album cover shirts (2xl) fit like a large, way too tight.  I hope they put more time and effort into sizing in 2018.

Agree they run a bit smaller this time, but do not think there has been a "total disregard for the fan’s dollar when its comes to the merch".  You do have a chance to look at the shirts and size them up before buying, but obviously buying at the venue itself has some risk on sizing.  I tend to order up to avoid that risk or wait to buy online (so I can return if the sizing is not appropriate).  Overall i think the merch design and quality for JT 2017 has been high.