Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PopArtist

Public transportation after the show

3 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Maybe a Chilango can help with advice...I am coming down from New York for the Mexico City shows.  I have been to Mexico City before, so I am familiar with public transportation there,  but never to a show at Foro Sol.  I am not worried about taking the metro to the show, but am a little concerned about getting back after the show, especially if I don't hook up with pals who will also be there or make some reasonably priced car arrangement beforehand.  From various accounts that I have read, it seems that the closest metro station -  Ciudad de Deportiva - will likely be closed after the show and people would have to walk to other stations...I am seeing that Velodromo is next closest - would that be open?  Also, if I choose to walk to Gomez Farias station since that is on the line I really need since I am staying in Zona Rosa, would there be a lot people walking that way after a show? (A 2km walk is routine for me)  I understand that the last trains leave at midnight.  My spoken Spanish is very broken, but I understand and read it well.  I would take a special show bus, but am not seeing any that run from the city center.

Edited by PopArtist

Velodromo will be likely closed as well... the only realistic option to catch the Metro on time would be leaving the show early, i'm afraid...

Also: Don't walk to Gomez Farias... it's a rough neighborhood - in general, don't walk too much outside the general vicinity of the Foro Sol...

Probably the best possible thing is if you can go in a group - safety in numbers and all that jazz...

But, in the event that you can't go in a group (with your pals or U2 fans you meet in the meantime), perhaps you can consider to arrange a deal with the hotel desk (if you are staying in a hotel, that's it) to see with what transport options they could help... it will be expensive, true...

On concert nights, there's a very informal "pesero" service that departs from near the Foro Sol to certain points in the city (around MX$20-50 x trip) - you could take one to, let's say, San Angel or La Condesa and drop off in some place you know... from there you can get an Uber or call a taxi service to your hotel/airbnb/etc...

good luck!

Hi Max - 

Thanks so much for answering, and the advice.  I am feeling out some other pals about what we should do for getting back after the show, beginning to think striking a transport deal with a hotel may be the best thing.