natural11

U2 Museum set to be announced for Dublin as a major new tourist attraction

This would give me yet another reason to visit Ireland. Though even if I just visit, I might not come back 😂 But a U2 museum would be so cool! I wonder if it would include the stages (probably not since those stages wouldn't fit in a building lol), I remember Bono saying they wanted one day for the stages to be displayed for people to see. It would be awesome if this project included that. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vertigo3333 said:

This would give me yet another reason to visit Ireland. Though even if I just visit, I might not come back 😂 But a U2 museum would be so cool! I wonder if it would include the stages (probably not since those stages wouldn't fit in a building lol), I remember Bono saying they wanted one day for the stages to be displayed for people to see. It would be awesome if this project included that. 

Speaking of stages does anyone know what happened to the claws?  Were any of them ever sold and put to use somewhere?  I have seen this question asked before but have never sen an answer.

47 minutes ago, dermo said:

Speaking of stages does anyone know what happened to the claws?  Were any of them ever sold and put to use somewhere?  I have seen this question asked before but have never sen an answer.

I remember seeing an article about it, all three claws are in storage, they ended up not being sold. It would be so awesome to be able to walk around any U2 stage, but especially the claw. Here's an article from 2015.

http://www.irishmirror.ie/whats-on/arts-culture-news/u2s-stunning-stadium-stages-could-6061610

Edited by Vertigo3333

On ‎8‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 6:51 AM, Vertigo3333 said:

Yes, seeing the stages displayed would be great!  There are so many reasons to visit Ireland...there is a place inside me whenever I see even a photo of the Irish Landscapes that screams "That is HOME"!  I am 1/4 Irish, Vertigo333...U2 Museum will be good to see!!

On 8/18/2017 at 0:06 PM, Vertigo3333 said:

I remember seeing an article about it, all three claws are in storage, they ended up not being sold. It would be so awesome to be able to walk around any U2 stage, but especially the claw. Here's an article from 2015.

http://www.irishmirror.ie/whats-on/arts-culture-news/u2s-stunning-stadium-stages-could-6061610

If I win the lottery, might be able to afford one.

8 hours ago, finz_89 said:

I know right?! I've imagined that if I was rich I would either buy one myself or get permission to build a scaled down version of the claw for my backyard 😂

A U2 Museum in Dublin? How lucky U2 fans and the people in Dublin are.

The best place for a U2 Museum.

But it would be great to have a little bit of something special in Australia to. Say maybe Adalaide? Ha! Ha! That would be very nice. Yep! Very nice.

Just a little something on display U2. After all we love you to U2. We love the best band U2 as well. Karen.

7 hours ago, Helbig said:

But it would be great to have a little bit of something special in Australia to. Say maybe Adalaide? Ha! Ha! That would be very nice. Yep! Very nice.

Just a little something on display U2. After all we love you to U2. We love the best band U2 as well. Karen.

That sounds like a great idea!!

:JT_Logo_02:

The Little Museum of Dublin has the best collection so far of U2 memorablia including a Trabant car model. Highlight of the visit is the nice tour given by their staff for the history of Dublin. A Very nice & must visit museum which was not boring at all unlike other famous museums around the world.

On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 2:27 AM, varunjay said:

The Little Museum of Dublin has the best collection so far of U2 memorablia including a Trabant car model. Highlight of the visit is the nice tour given by their staff for the history of Dublin. A Very nice & must visit museum which was not boring at all unlike other famous museums around the world.

I am glad you got to see it, varunjay!  Someday....

:JT_Logo_02:

On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 6:45 PM, Helbig said:

How about a portable U2 museum in every tour city?  I agree, AU would be a nice place to have a U2 Museum!

:JT_Logo_03:

Edited by natural11

On ‎9‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 7:21 PM, illumination70 said:

OMG, I'm so jealous of anyone who gets to see this because  the museum is a "must-see" for any U2 fan!!

Me too, illumination70!

:JT_Logo_01:

On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 10:05 PM, finz_89 said:

I'm in the same boat...cannot afford tickets for this upcoming Tour either. I will be watching online!

:Boots:

Edited by natural11
I will buy the CD and remember it is ALL ABOUT THE MUSIC!!

On 11/8/2017 at 6:06 PM, natural11 said:

How about a portable U2 museum in every tour city?  I agree, AU would be a nice place to have a U2 Museum!

:JT_Logo_03:

A portable museum or traveling display is a good idea for several reasons. Not only could it ship anywhere, it would be the perfect size to see all of without getting tired. The only drawback is that you probably couldn't display any stages.

• Like 1

On 11/10/2017 at 4:37 PM, Europa_Thomas said:

A portable museum or traveling display is a good idea for several reasons. Not only could it ship anywhere, it would be the perfect size to see all of without getting tired. The only drawback is that you probably couldn't display any stages.

Could you imagine the logistics with something like that? But depending on what items were chosen to be displayed, I think it would be very doable. Yes the stage wouldn't be possible but could fit quite a few other things in I'm sure.

21 minutes ago, natural11 said:

Could you imagine the logistics with something like that? But depending on what items were chosen to be displayed, I think it would be very doable. Yes the stage wouldn't be possible but could fit quite a few other things in I'm sure.

I've never worked on anything like that, but I hope an interesting collection of small artifacts could be made, displayed, and transported without too much effort or expense.

15 hours ago, Europa_Thomas said:

I've never worked on anything like that, but I hope an interesting collection of small artifacts could be made, displayed, and transported without too much effort or expense.

Agreed. Do you think this site is ever read by idea generators of the U2 crew? A fan suggestion box...hummmm!

1 hour ago, natural11 said:

Agreed. Do you think this site is ever read by idea generators of the U2 crew? A fan suggestion box...hummmm!

I wouldn't be surprised if U2's crew (or even the lads themselves) sometimes browse the site, but I'm only certain that the site's moderators see most of the comments or come regularly.

3 hours ago, Europa_Thomas said:

I wouldn't be surprised if U2's crew (or even the lads themselves) sometimes browse the site, but I'm only certain that the site's moderators see most of the comments or come regularly.

Europa_Thomas, you're right! One never knows what eyes gaze upon these pages! This entire side is feasibly the fan suggestion box. Thanks for your posts and comments about the traveling U2 Museum!

:BD:

9 minutes ago, natural11 said:

Europa_Thomas, you're right! One never knows what eyes gaze upon these pages! This entire side is feasibly the fan suggestion box. Thanks for your posts and comments about the traveling U2 Museum!

In another thread, somebody asked if U2 planned a Tom Petty tribute, and one of the moderators mentioned they did one during their recent Mexico City show. After I looked it up, I posted a thank you note on the thread for the band. I don't know if Bono, The Edge, Adam, or Larry will ever see it, but I didn't want to waste an opportunity for gratitude (and now I should thank the moderator for telling us all about it. I feel bad I didn't think of that sooner.)

11 minutes ago, natural11 said:

Yeah, I'm a super-new subscriber, but I've browsed this site several times before (now I have my own computer and the money to pay for a subscription).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Europa_Thomas said:

In another thread, somebody asked if U2 planned a Tom Petty tribute, and one of the moderators mentioned they did one during their recent Mexico City show. After I looked it up, I posted a thank you note on the thread for the band. I don't know if Bono, The Edge, Adam, or Larry will ever see it, but I didn't want to waste an opportunity for gratitude (and now I should thank the moderator for telling us all about it. I feel bad I didn't think of that sooner.)

My bet is they will see it...I am glad you found the Zoo within your subscription package and that you have a device to post from!  I am fairly new myself. You will find many people who have been on for years. It takes a while to learn to navigate it all.  I am still finding nooks and crannies of this site I did not know existed!  Enjoy your journey, Europa_Thomas!

Just now, natural11 said:

My bet is they will see it...I am glad you found the Zoo within your subscription package and that you have a device to post from!  I am fairly new myself. You will find many people who have been on for years. It takes a while to learn to navigate it all.  I am still finding nooks and crannies of this site I did not know existed!  Enjoy your journey, Europa_Thomas!

A lot of nooks and crannies suddenly opened up like alternate dimensions when I subscribed. I've been such a kid and spent most of my time at the playground, but it's not too hard of a site to navigate. I'm more mystified by the dots ranking system. Enjoy your own journey, natural11.