Sign in to follow this  
andrewbrearley14

Shine Like Stars snippet in WOWY

I have a few bootlegs from over the years and love any show where the band does the SLS snippet within WOWY. Always feels like the mark of a very special night. My own personal favourite gig where they did it was the Washington ZOO TV show in 1992 when Edge's guitar solo is sublime. Anyway, I think they have only done it a couple of times on TJT30 tour (Pasadena and Amsterdam?) so far so my question is simply does anyone know the rationale for when the band do it/don't do it? Is it a pre-arranged thing or is it just if they feel like doing it in that moment?

Yes I too would love to know if Bono just feels it and goes for it or if he warns the band before hand? Loved it when they done it in Glasgow during the I&E tour but we didn't get it at Twickenham :(

Did they do it in Amsterdam? I thought it was just a talked snippet after the wwwoooaaa part as opposed to the proper sung verse?  I'll have to check it out again.

Hi Spongebob - I think you are right about Amsterdam. The clip I saw suggests B tacked it on after the end of the song? I was at Glasgow 1 on I&E tour so bit gutted they did it the following nite. Was at Twick 1 for TJT30 and it did not feature, but got DLBIA with Noel G instead which is even rarer!! :)

I agree that B probably just decides in the moment to throw it in if he is feeling the love in the room - and the band just go with him.