Sign in to follow this  
Toni Frain

Red Zone tickets - how early do I have to show up to get a great spot?

I have Red Zone tickets for Buffalo next week.  I know it is venue-specific, but folks who've had Red Zone tickets, how early do I have to show up to get a great spot? 

Honestly, anytime. I showed up at 2:30 PM and I was on the rail.  People who showed up right before the start still got about 3 rows deep.

I'm going to St Louis on the 16th. Flight arrives at 11am, hotel check in isn't till 4. Thought I might go by the venue. Will they let me pick up my tickets as early as 1 or so & come back after I drop off my bag at my hotel? I've never done Red Zone before. I know it's GA, I'm short & hoping to get a good place. I want Adam to see my sign from all the way across the stage.

It all depends on what the designated pick up time for your Red Zone tickets are.  A few days before the show (Soon I hope) you will receive an email indicating time for collection.  Chicago for example the Red Zone Tent was open for ticket pickup at 4PM.  Its up to you on how early you get there, but based on where the Red Zone is located, Adam is on that side a lot on the B stage.

On 9/4/2017 at 0:16 PM, dropintheocean said:

Will they let me pick up my tickets as early as 1 or so & come back after I drop off my bag at my hotel?

I'm pretty sure once you're at the RZ tent, getting your bracelets, you're "in the venue" and there's no re-entry.

We did Red Zone in Minneapolis. The RZ tent at US Bank opened at 430. We had planned on getting there about 530/6. We wanted to be close and weren't super-concerned about being on the rail. Of course, we ended up a bit behind schedule and got to the tent at about 700. At US Bank, there was a fair distance to walk to the RZ, but it was easy to follow the tape-trail to the zone. So, figure we were in place at 720 or so. At that point, Beck should've gone on in ten minutes, however, I think he went on at about 750 or so. There was loads of space and almost no line at the RZ bar. We ended up, maybe, 8-12 people away from the main "branches" of the thrust stage. Our group of 10 friends all remained mostly together but with plenty of space to dance and bounce around. 

All of this is a long way of saying that I was pretty stressed about getting there to settle in and be close and, in reality, there's basically no way you'll have a bad sight line no matter what time you get there. You do your check in thing and don't feel worried about getting there. Just get to the stadium by 700 or so, get in and find a spot that works for you and enjoy the show!

• Like 1

thanks! great to know, especially since I have hurt my leg since I bought my ticket & I'm using a cane...... I'd have bought a seat if I'd known my leg would do this. I e-mailed the venue to ask about stairs & rules about canes & stuff.

22 minutes ago, dropintheocean said:

thanks! great to know, especially since I have hurt my leg since I bought my ticket & I'm using a cane...... I'd have bought a seat if I'd known my leg would do this. I e-mailed the venue to ask about stairs & rules about canes & stuff. 

Ooof. That's a bummer. I'm sure they've got a reasonable policy about stuff like that. Just looking at The Dome's policy post on Ticketmaster, it looks like "exceptions may be made for medical needs". I'm sure you're good to go. On a related note: there are fold-down "seats" built into the fence that forms the border around the RZ. So you should have no issue taking a load off when you need to. 

• Upvote 1