Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

U2Community

The Blackout

Would have loved more Edge in the mix  but I'm cool with it, I like the sound.....Atmospheric but stripped down at the same time if it makes sense.........Not gonna talk about the political side of the lyrics, ofc........ Can't wait to hear it again......where possible.....

LOVE the mood and ENERGY  of this offering!!!

I am still jumping! "When the lights go out...!" FANtastique!

2 minutes ago, Frankaz said:

Hmm. Seemed OK... Good groove certainly.

Ditto.

To judge after one listen is difficult, but I'm not convinced. I was hoping for an epic song with a great melody, but it isn't. Maybe I change my mind later.

Oh  !!!!!

So you can relisten to it on the fb page........

I really dont want to listen to it again right now.....guys......Im going back to my Billie Holiday playlist.

I know I just said I cant wait to listen to it again on an above post but no that the option has been made available...... I changed my mind.

I didnt feel this way when SOI came out............When SOI came out I listened to it nonstop for weeks.....then fell out of love for 2 years and now I love it....but I loved it at first listen........oK 2nd listen....but at least I wanted to listen to it again.......

I don't know what to say....really.

Not necessarily making a negative comment....More like......I dunno......

Bigwave: in a scale of 1 to infinity, how crazy it was to be there?

5 minutes ago, pain_18_ said:

Ditto.

I agree not much melody, but it does seem quite catchy... I may have to listen a few more times before making a proper judgement on it.

1 minute ago, Frankaz said:

I agree not much melody, but it does seem quite catchy... I may have to listen a few more times before making a proper judgement on it.

Will be back on it later, myself...given they dont take it off the fb page so fast..... :)  Now I gotta just take a break or smth........

Just listening to it again.  I LOVE IT! That bass! Wow! The song is so funky.

2 minutes ago, Max Tsukino said:

Bigwave: in a scale of 1 to infinity, how crazy it was to be there?

no line on the horizon

2 minutes ago, bigwave said:

no line on the horizon

Ha! Can you share some of the details of how it went down? How many times did you get to hear the song?

3 minutes ago, mich40 said:

Ha! Can you share some of the details of how it went down? How many times did you get to hear the song?

was planned a few weeks before, got asked to help organise some of the fan side of things a few days beforehand, and randomly picked out by film company to attend (honest!).

the whole things was hush hush, as we know, had to sign NDA things, really hard not to shout about it... until know.. still cant;t believe how good / close fans were.

For instance, this screenshot of Adam from video was taken by cameraman standing next to me for this shot ( I was 2nd row in front of Adam , could hear his bass strings twang acoustically, that close...)

Screen Shot 2017-08-30 at 17.25.31.png

That song is going to be soooo good live.