varunjay

Best Europe city apart from Dublin & Amsterdam for U2 Concert

Having seen them live only twice, once in Amsterdam for SOI and in Dublin for TJT tour, I'm already thinking for the SOE tour and wondering which other city will be the best place to see them live.

Can the other fans please advise which other city is a must visit for live U2 concert.

I really liked the energy at The Temple Bar area in Dublin on the day of the concert with fans from all over the world enjoying together before heading to the Croke Park.

Is there another place in Europe which has almost similar atmosphere as in Dublin on the day of the concert. 

The only city I've ever seen U2 in has been London, so I don't know how well-informed I am, but all three shows I went to had great atmospheres, particularly Twickenham back in July.

12 hours ago, monica martino said:

Any place will do

Discovering new places always adds something to your u2 experience 

Absolutely. 

We've seen U2 in Brussels, Antwerp, Amsterdam and Paris and the atmosphere is always great. 

So just pick a city you would go to if it weren't for U2 and then hope they'll have some shows there 😉 .

So far i've seen them in....

*Glastonbury *Dublin *London*Paris *Brussels * Helsinki* Stockholm *Cardiff *Glasgow

Against popular opinion, the best place apart from Glastonbury was Paris. Paris has a great atmosphere especially at Stade De France, if you got a seat its great because the queuing can get messed up unless you have a number in the GA line. But pretty much any where is good,for 2018 I'm hoping to go to America or some cities I've not been to yet like Amsterdam and Copenhagen if they play there. Looks from edges rolling stone interview out the other day that next year will be N America and Europe.

Edited by utwothefly

I liked Paris too. I've also heard about GA becoming messy there, but we've had seats on both the Stade de France shows as well as in the Bercy/Accor Arena for I/E. 

The show last July was extra special, as we took our sons (9 and 11) out there for their very first concert ever 👍🏻  

I've only seen them in Dublin, Amsterdam, and Brussels (so far). Of those, Dublin and Amsterdam were easily the best (in that order). I'm curious about Spain and Italy, though. The crowds always seem extra passionate on the streams.

Without a doubt Italy is THE place to attend live events. Had the pleasure of seeing U2 in Rome and Milan, both incredible atmosphere's.

I'd say Paris, because the French are crazy about U2, and the band loves the city and country so much, you feel it every time they play there <3