Does anybody know what the GA procedure at Arrowhead will be? Primarily where will the lineup start and will people be allowed to come and check in and leave as they have on past tours, or will I need to camp out all day?

Thank you!

Been calling stadium all week - they have no info as of yet. Said they would update on website by end of week and an email would be sent to all those who have GA / Floor seating.

The e-mail was pretty generic and does not address early line-up. Any KC locals have recommendations for parking other than $30 or $40 for the stadium lots?  Planning to get there pretty much at the crack of dawn and would like to park somewhere and leave the car there all day until after the show.  If they end up doing numbers/wristbands fairly early in the morning I hope they will at least have a lot open where people can park for no charge to get numbers. Not really expecting a huge lineup early in the morning for this show. 

GA line/list started Sunday morning at 6 am at Gate G. For more info, I would suggest you joking the Facebook page U2 2017 Joshua Tree Kansas City. Venue apparently is going to honor line.

From FB Group:

More chatter there: https://www.facebook.com/groups/809786459170729/

9/9/2017 Kansas City Update: The venue is ON BOARD with the Fan run GA line. The line will start tomorrow, Sunday, morning at 6am. The venue is aware of this line and the start time and has agreed to that, any line started before that will not be recognized. We will be located at Gate G, the west side of the stadium. This is the gate we will ultimately enter through. Look for the orange canopy, I’ll have some signs posted as well. All people in your group must be present to get a number. No exceptions. Check ins will be Sunday between 6p-10p, and again on Monday, 6p-10p. You can just drive by and show us your numbers. Once again, ALL must be present to check in. Tuesday morning, everyone that has been added to the book and has a number must be in line at Gate G no later than 5am. Arrowhead will begin issuing numbered wristbands, corresponding with your GA number, at 7am. Once you have your official numbered wristband you may leave. Be back, in line by 1pm. Arrowhead will begin letting groups in at 2pm through security checks. ***Parking lots will not officially open until 2. There is a Royals game on Tuesday, and their lots open at 9am, for $15. So there is a bit of a catch there.***

Thank you for this info!  I plan on getting there around 10 AM day of show.  Will the Arrowhead staff continue issuing wristbands from 7 AM all the way to 1 PM?  Just wondering how the system works if we aren't there right at 7 AM.

Edited by drkirkdc

Hard to say what happens by 10am. My experience if you arrive at a venue late morning or early afternoon is that it is more a traditional line at that point--set up and establish your space while you wait for the venue to start processing the front of the line at which point things begin to move. If you need to leave for bathroom break or food you work it out with those immediately in front and in back of you.

It sounds as if this is a mellow list, only up to about 55 tonight. Of course that could change. My guess is the venue has x amount of numbered wristbands, and will give them out till they're gone. But really, what do I know. :) I think those who are there at 2 will be let into the venue, probably in the hallway/tunnels. The venue email says GA gate will open at 3, (for instance it was 5:30 at Minneapolis), so guess we'll all just have to wing it and see what happens! Maybe everyone will line up in the tunnels till let out on the field at probably 5-5:30.

Basically the traditional line starts around 4am, where the check-in thugs will stop honoring check-in numbers (unless one of their friends aren't there yet). The venue should only be honoring the order people are lined up when they start handing out wristbands. The check-in thugs may try to get the venue staff to skip people in line if they don't have a check-in number (which confuses and upsets people who have been waiting in line) so it's hard to say exactly how it will be handled at any one venue.

Report is that there are about 100 in line, venue should be handing out numbered wrostbands about now. Sounds like it will be a mellow GA. If I remember right, there were 500 in line in the morning for Chicago 1.