mich40

You're The Best Thing About Me (New Single)

Am I hearing the voice of Ally Sheedy(when you grow up, your heart dies....~.Breakfast Club`.) in the beginning and at the end of the video? Sounds like her, not sure. 

Finally got round to listening to the acoustic & remix versions. 

I really like the acoustic version, Bono's lower register is sounding really good on this. 

The Kygo remix - I like it, it sounds cool and dancy, but honestly, considering that I only actually know about 5 people my age who actually, properly like U2 (and as far as I can't tell, are only really into their older stuff) I can't see this getting played in nightclubs or anything along those lines. It's alright, but it just feels like a pointless exercise.

Does anyone else get stiffed on the subscription gift.   ?   I note the renewals are coming up but I never received last year's gift.  Any thoughts?

1 hour ago, rosco2000 said:

Does anyone else get stiffed on the subscription gift.   ?   I note the renewals are coming up but I never received last year's gift.  Any thoughts?

You did not get stiffed.  The JT Singles Collection has not been mailed out yet.

The more I listen every versions of "you are the best thing about me" the more I like me.  ;-))

I am already enjoying the downloaded TheJoshuaTreeSinglesVinylCollection !!!!

On 09/10/2017 at 10:25 AM, mich40 said:

You did not get stiffed.  The JT Singles Collection has not been mailed out yet.

thanks for letting us know :) was wondering where they were.

Looks like the list that I linked to has been updated and U2 have been removed. Thanks for the correction Jo. ✌

5 hours ago, CorkVegan said:

Looks like the list that I linked to has been updated and U2 have been removed. Thanks for the correction Jo. ✌

Would have liked the vinyl though.  Oh well, small chance it still turns up on the list.  We'll see.

9 minutes ago, dennishendrix said:

Will the LP AVAILABLE in the Netherlands on RSD black friday?

if by LP you mean the next album... no.
if by LP you mean You're the Best Thing About Me single... There isn't any official indication that there will be a vinyl pressing of the single...

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Max Tsukino said:

if by LP you mean the next album... no.
if by LP you mean You're the Best Thing About Me single... There isn't any official indication that there will be a vinyl pressing of the single...

Would also like to add that there has been no official announcement of a RSD release anywhere. 

This song is beginning to sound much better after listening so many times since release in the past few days.

Would love to have the Blackout on vinyl!:wub:  Mostly because I was at the recording of the video in Amsterdam and have great memories about that and this would make it complete... 

I see there is one Irish store participating as well... hoping its in Dublin, Im free that morning... so fingers crossed ^_^

Schermafbeelding 2017-10-26 om 21.54.36.png

• Like 1

BLACK VINYL TO BE AVAILABLE AT ALL PARTICIPATING RSD STORES. COLORED VINYL VERSION TO BE ON SALE EXCLUSIVELY VIA THIRD MAN STOREFRONTS IN NASHVILLE AND DETROIT, AS WELL AS 2 VINYL RETAILERS TBA IN THE U.K. AND IRELAND.  

I believe that the regular black version will be available to all.