mich40

You're The Best Thing About Me (New Single)

Absolutely loving Get out of Your Own Way ! Really catchy and am growing to love You’re the Best thing about me now too. Was a bit pop music to me originally but it’s growing on me every listen. 

• Upvote 1

Love Get Out Of Your Own Way!! The sounds in the beginning, the lyrics and Edge's guitar solo and the very powerful ending with Kendrick Lamar. 

When U2 drove the big cars.

Yeah, just listened to the full version download of 'Get Out of Your Own Way' - it is a really punchy U2 tune. So looking forward to getting my hands on SOE.

The three downloads are on a constant loop in my car If the rest of the album is as good as these 3 then I'm going to be a happy bunny. This is Adam and Larry 's at their best Tickets now would be icing on the cake

On 11/2/2017 at 11:58 AM, KEV ANGELL said:

Absolutely loving Get out of Your Own Way ! Really catchy and am growing to love You’re the Best thing about me now too. Was a bit pop music to me originally but it’s growing on me every listen. 

I've found that every U2 song sounds better once you hear it many times. On every album there's at least 1 or 2 that I like instantly but like even more once they become familiar, and there are some I need to hear 10 or 20 times before I like them. I used to think "Song for Someone" and "With or Without You" were slow, boring, and mushy, but now they're beautiful and delicate. I like the new releases, but I know I'm going to like them even more after playing them at least 5 more times.

On 11/2/2017 at 9:46 AM, ldelgado said:

Oh hey, haven't posted here in years :D

I missed my piggy in red boots :wub:

Welcome back. I'm a newbie (in case that wasn't obvious :-D )

13 hours ago, Europa_Thomas said:

Did you draw this, Brendo? It's hilarious!

Glad you got a laugh out of it.  I have more hidden away in my gallery..  

14 hours ago, Europa_Thomas said:

I've found that every U2 song sounds better once you hear it many times. On every album there's at least 1 or 2 that I like instantly but like even more once they become familiar, and there are some I need to hear 10 or 20 times before I like them. I used to think "Song for Someone" and "With or Without You" were slow, boring, and mushy, but now they're beautiful and delicate. I like the new releases, but I know I'm going to like them even more after playing them at least 5 more times.

I am always fairly light on expectation with the new songs - especially as nowadays I tend to hear it on a laptop or phone speaker for the very first time.  Usually, a good set of headphones or an excellent sound system is a pivotal moment for me where the rhythm section shines.

12 hours ago, brendo1704 said:

Glad you got a laugh out of it.  I have more hidden away in my gallery..  

I'd love to see them

On 9/9/2017 at 12:20 PM, Manohlive said:

I sure hope the album gets better.  I don't like what I've heard thus far.  This is throwaway bubble bum pop compared to the last CD.  Just my opinion but I'd skip this song and probably go to the restroom during it in concert.  The Blackout is okay but so-so.  I'm hoping after another few listens that grows on me but this song sucks.  I rarely have anything negative to say about U2, however; I'm expecting much, much better than this.

I need to eat some humble pie because I now really like this song.  I like The Blackout.  It took a few listens and it did grow on me.

On 11/14/2017 at 3:24 PM, Manohlive said:

I need to eat some humble pie because I now really like this song.  I like The Blackout.  It took a few listens and it did grow on me.

It always feels good to find a great new song

Heard four songs and loving them all..

Sort of a best of album only this one is brand new.

Great work guys!!

This tour will be bigger then the last if you ask me.

Magnificent,!

On 15/11/2017 at 6:54 AM, Manohlive said:

Same for me! First listen: boring, unoriginal pop. Now: simply enjoy listening/singing along to it 💕

This is really isn't a good song, sorry.  20-30 yrs ago for a B-side MAYBE, but perhaps thats where we are w/ U2 these days.  I just listened to american soul for the first time and its not bad.  One things for sure though,  the repetitive drumming, riffs, choruses etc being lifted from previous tunes had better be part of some genius plan at this point.  Otherwise.....put a fork in the creativity of this band...fingers crossed

Where are people finding American Soul? As far as I'm aware the only tracks that have been released so far have been Best Thing, Get Out and The Blackout. 

EDIT: Oh. Forget I said that.

Edited by peterferris8

"Where are people finding American Soul? As far as I'm aware the only tracks that have been released so far have been Best Thing, Get Out and The Blackout."

Just google the title..Many media outlets have it for listening as another release...i happen to listen to it from rolling stone online..at first listen i think its better than get out of your own way.  Top two out of the five releases thus far...imo

1 minute ago, smsully said:

"Where are people finding American Soul? As far as I'm aware the only tracks that have been released so far have been Best Thing, Get Out and The Blackout."

Just google the title..Many media outlets have it for listening as another release...i happen to listen to it from rolling stone online..at first listen i think its better than get out of your own way.  Top two out of the five releases thus far...imo

Yeah, literally just saw on atu2 it had gone up.

Just listened to the whole of American Soul. Good stuff. The Volcano sample ties in nicely with the Innocence & Experience/Experience & Innocence theme. The continuation of Kendrick's part at the start was great as well, and also the fact that the first few lines Bono sings are also lines he sang on his collaboration on Kendrick's album (XXX is the track if anyone wants to find it).