mabrink1

2018 Song of Experience tour?

Does anyone know or have "educated guess" if there will be a Songs of Experience tour in 2018?  If so, where/when might it start?  Just curious that it must be on the agenda with a new album hopefully coming out.

There was a rumour out there that the tour is to start back up in April 2018. 

For me it doesn't matter when, as long as they come to Australia - Adalaide and more often.

It is definitely Australia's turn to see U2. So please come to Australia - Adalaide U2. 

We love you in Australia too. :u2-1383: :wub: Karen. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Heard Bono on Triple M the other day. He said they definitely want to come to Aus but won't start tour here as it's too hard when things go wrong with a new show. So I guess it wouldn't be until at least late 2018. He also said they haven't worked the show out yet: how to play SOI and SOE and maybe JT together.

8 hours ago, kastee said:

Heard Bono on Triple M the other day. He said they definitely want to come to Aus but won't start tour here as it's too hard when things go wrong with a new show. So I guess it wouldn't be until at least late 2018. He also said they haven't worked the show out yet: how to play SOI and SOE and maybe JT together.

the bit I put in bold. Aussies don't care if there's a stuff up. just sounds like an excuse not to bring a tour here. go and see The Killers kastee ;)

• Brilliant 1

I hope U2 to come to Australia - Adalaide, I would be very heartbroken if they don't come again.

It's not fair we always get left out. But I guess we will have to see won't we.

I just hope there is not another excuse.

I can understand it can be difficult and things can go wrong at anytime.

But many other big bands come to Australia I can't see why U2 can't come.

U2 you may love Australia but we would really love to see you too U2. Show us how much you love us Australia's U2 and come to Australia.

I will always love you U2 no matter what. :wub: Karen. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On 10/23/2017 at 7:59 PM, Helbig said:

I hope U2 to come to Australia - Adalaide, I would be very heartbroken if they don't come again.

It's not fair we always get left out. But I guess we will have to see won't we.

I just hope there is not another excuse.

I can understand it can be difficult and things can go wrong at anytime.

But many other big bands come to Australia I can't see why U2 can't come.

U2 you may love Australia but we would really love to see you too U2. Show us how much you love us Australia's U2 and come to Australia.

I will always love you U2 no matter what. :wub: Karen. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I heard there is a website in Australia (not sure if it's a radio station or pre-sale site offering an enter-to-win to see them in LA in May.

On 9/7/2017 at 9:35 AM, CorkVegan said:

There was a rumour out there that the tour is to start back up in April 2018. 

Rumor has it that North America and Europe dates will be announced today at 1pm.

• Like 1
  • Brilliant 1

Assuming there are going to be new pre-sale codes, do we need to re-up subscriptions now - as in the next 90min?

2 hours ago, stateless said:

Assuming there are going to be new pre-sale codes, do we need to re-up subscriptions now - as in the next 90min?

I have an active U2.com subscription and did not purchase tickets using my unique presale access code for The Joshua Tree Tour 2017 dates, will I have access to the U2eiTour presale?
Subscribers that purchased one of the 2017 Joshua Tree subscription offers AND have not used their presale access code to purchase tickets to The Joshua Tree Tour will be eligible to be verified for this upcoming presale.

I have an active U2.com subscription and I purchased 4 tickets using a presale code during The Joshua Tree Tour 2017, will I have access to the U2eiTour presale?
Members who used their presale access code to purchase tickets to The Joshua Tree Tour 2017 MUST renew early and select one of the 2018 packages to be eligible to be verified for the upcoming eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE 2018 presale.

• Like 1

If we used all our pre-sale codes for TJT 2017 we are not to be given new codes for the E&I 2018 tour?

13 minutes ago, Skaggs01 said:

If we used all our pre-sale codes for TJT 2017 we are not to be given new codes for the E&I 2018 tour?

No. Not unless you renew and complete the Verified Fan portion of your membership.

4 hours ago, Max Tsukino said:

I have an active U2.com subscription and did not purchase tickets using my unique presale access code for The Joshua Tree Tour 2017 dates, will I have access to the U2eiTour presale?
Subscribers that purchased one of the 2017 Joshua Tree subscription offers AND have not used their presale access code to purchase tickets to The Joshua Tree Tour will be eligible to be verified for this upcoming presale.

I have an active U2.com subscription and I purchased 4 tickets using a presale code during The Joshua Tree Tour 2017, will I have access to the U2eiTour presale?
Members who used their presale access code to purchase tickets to The Joshua Tree Tour 2017 MUST renew early and select one of the 2018 packages to be eligible to be verified for the upcoming eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE 2018 presale.

Max or other Mod, my subscription expires in early 2018. I just added my TM account to my U2 profile and it says my setup is complete and my email status is Verified.   So you are telling me I also need to resubscribe before Sunday 11/12 at 10pm EST ?!?  

Also one more question -- in Verifying for the General Sale, does one have to pick the city in advance.?I had to do that for a recent artist Verified sale.

3 minutes ago, sped said:

Max or other Mod, my subscription expires in early 2018. I just added my TM account to my U2 profile and it says my setup is complete and my email status is Verified.   So you are telling me I also need to resubscribe before Sunday 11/12 at 10pm EST ?!?  

Also one more question -- in Verifying for the General Sale, does one have to pick the city in advance.?I had to do that for a recent artist Verified sale.

Are you saying that yours says "Setup Complete" where this says "Setup Incomplete"

image.png

7 minutes ago, sped said:

I just looked and yes, for the General Sale on Nov. 20, you do have to pick a city. You have pick multiple cities by registering for each one, but you are urged not to register more than once per city.

2 hours ago, mich40 said:

Are you saying that yours says "Setup Complete" where this says "Setup Incomplete"

image.png

Yes, it says Setup Complete! I suppose I could just err on the side of resubscribing but maybe you could add this to the list of pesky questions:)  Thanks for the info about the general sale too.  

* and update* While it did say Complete until about 9pm, it now says incomplete - yep, I have to re-up!

Edited by sped