febottini

Dispatch Update - 2017 Subscriber Gift (Was '2017 Subscription Gift Announced')

Nothing in Miami, FL

"I can tell you haven’t seen mine! And I love how I get emails about twice a week that current tour merch is available now, but a gift I was promised for my subscription I paid for almost a year ago, is just so complicated to put together it’s still not ready...." -brilliant!

:angry::angry::angry:

Really disappointed at this stage, my hope was to at least get these for Christmas. It's unfortunately not the 1st time I've been let down as the shop took 6 mths to send my purchases out after I bought them.

I won't be renewing my sub until this is resolved.

It seems there is a lot of disappointed people who have paid good money for a gift they were promised to be delivered in December but now will not get it until next year.

it leaves a bad taste in the mouth when the money comes  out right away but they can't get the 2017 gift delivered in 2017.

i suppose as long as the ticket money comes in the subscription fee is chicken feed.

• Upvote 1

Why oh why is their still no update to this whole 2017 gift fiasco?? So many disgruntled fans posting surely the least we could get is some sort of official response. If the company shipping the gift can't cope then use another company, why ship from the U.S? Surely a European shipping company would make more sense to European orders. Maybe If we all withhold renewing our subscriptions until we get some answers sure we loyal fans deserve better😬😬😬😬😬😬

On 12/22/2017 at 8:27 AM, deflep6202 said:

Any luck? I think it was usps.

Nothing arrived before I left town on Friday so I had the mail stopped. Hopefully it was USPS and it won't be sitting on my steps until I get back. Thanks for the assistance, it's much appreciated. I don't mind waiting I just hate to have packages sitting outside my door for extended periods. 

Us, we are fans of four irish and waiting for a long time the four vinyls, some people who had received them, sold them on EBAY. What a shame !!:angry:

On 12/22/2017 at 8:27 AM, deflep6202 said:

Any luck? I think it was usps.

Can anyone confirm it was USPS I was out of town and had my regular mail stopped. I went to pick it up and no singles. I just want to be sure I don't have to start worrying that they were nabbed of my front stoop.....it's ridiculous they are giving us zero info on the shipping! Thanks! 

Edited by Tflyer90

Well there's only 2 more days left for this 2017 gift which everyone has paid for but still haven't received to be delivered.

only one word for this pathetic,they are quick enough take the money,which they don't need,but can't even be bothered to give us an update to why most people on here haven't received what they have paid for.

Is it too much to ask for an update.

I never got a shipping confirmation, unless it went to my spam mail. However, the package just showed up on my porch on Dec 16. 

Well the post mans been and guess what he didn't have the gift.

Does any one else think it's funny that these discs were announced months before the new album yet the new album was delivered in days of the release.

Any one know what the 2018 gift is and is there a date/year when it will be delivered 😅😅😅😅😅

It's things like this that make me hesitant to use my discount code in the shop...

Maybe the moderators could give us an email address so we could all contact the company involved and ask for an update.

the more people that contact them the more quicker they might get there finger out and supply us all what we have paid for.

no excuses no flannel the new album came out and got delivered on time,probably by the same factory that is supplying last years gift.

Still waiting for the discs here in Belgium.

2 hours ago, clarky46 said:

Maybe the moderators could give us an email address so we could all contact the company involved and ask for an update.

the more people that contact them the more quicker they might get there finger out and supply us all what we have paid for.

no excuses no flannel the new album came out and got delivered on time,probably by the same factory that is supplying last years gift.

I think emailing the shop is fairly useless to be honest. I emailed them the last week in December and the response I got back was frustrating. You could tell they just copied and pasted the information from somewhere it said "Shipping of The Joshua Tree Singles Vinyl Collection: 1987 & 2017 will start in late December." etc. They probably didn't even pay attention to what I wrote because I included my order number and asked them to check on it and they didn't directly respond to what I asked. 

I have even started a specific thread about this in the Zoo Feedback section and that's basically all the information I have received apart from "you can download the tracks digitally". I have asked if there is an email I can message about what "batch" I am in etc but I haven't gotten a response to that question. 

Honestly I don't think anyone knows what is going on and this is just a horrible system. Really it doesn't make sense that some people in the US have them but not everyone and they have already arrived to some people in Europe and the UK. With the JT30 set I was told they ran out of stock and it was on back order and I had to call live nation multiple times to get all my items so something tells me the same thing has happened here. 

But it was great to read u2 made the most money of any artist that toured in 2017.

you would think they could treat the fans that are paying fees year in year out a lot better.

Wow, I just emailed an inquiry as to the status of my 2017 vinyl via U2.com, and the email response I received was from DoNotReply@ticketmaster.com .  :unsure: Is U2.com really just a ticketmaster front?  Why would fan club support emails be handled by ticketmaster?  My...how I miss the simpler days of Propaganda!

Posted (edited)

I received the ticketmaster email as well, but then I received an email from U2.com shortly after explaining it would be shipping soon.  I submitted the request to check on the gift on the 26th, since i didn't receive it before Christmas. 

Edited by kevin_hogan