febottini

Dispatch Update - 2017 Subscriber Gift (Was '2017 Subscription Gift Announced')

Still nothing in bonnie Scotland.

maybe the staff are bizzy getting ready to sell a million tour tickets for the European shows and don't have the time to deal with LAST YEARS GIFT?

I went to U2.com customer service and filled out a form saying I did not receive the gift.  I received the following (edited) response:

Screenshot_20180104-122323-01.jpeg

• Thanks 2

19 hours ago, Tflyer90 said:

I got a message just now saying they are shipping out the vinyls EARLY FEBRUARY 

Good lord...this is just insane.  I assure you I will NOT be falling for it again, so they can stop sending me emails asking me to renew.

It would've been nice to have this information before renewing for 2018. This is the email I got (address and names removed) 

"Thanks for contacting us 

I'm sorry to hear that you haven't received your vinyls and I'd be happy to help.

I've reviewed your account and unfortunately the vinyls have not been shipped. Don't worry we'll be sending a confirmation email as soon as they are in the mail.

We've already sent some vinyls out however we are still shipping out orders and we expect to fulfill more by early February.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and hope you have a great day."

I responded to that email asking them to explain why it was taking so long when they initially announced it was going to be shipped in December and the response I got back was this (from a different person)

"Thanks for contacting U2.com. I am pleased to be assisting you. 

So sorry to hear you have not received your gift and your friends have already received theirs!

An update was  added in October 2017, to the News area on the fan club site regarding the delivery of The Joshua Tree Singles Vinyl Collection: 1987 & 2017. 

"Dispatch of The Joshua Tree Singles Vinyl Collection: 1987 & 2017 will start in December 2017. A shipping confirmation email will be sent to qualifying subscribers as soon as this special gift hits the mail."

Shipment will begin and orders will be shipped in the same order in which they were received. 

Our apologies for the delay and hope this email finds you well and enjoying the day, 

If you need anything else, just reply to this email!"

Does anyone at the U2 shop support actually read the messages that are sent to them or put effort into helping us? :rolleyes:

Edited by Tflyer90
  • Thanks 1

do you think if enough people asked for a refund,as we are not getting what we paid for,they might they might just get there finger out and supply us what we have paid for.

Still waiting for my gift of U2 vinyl order redeemed in October.   I'm seeing the posts here about February 2018.  Maybe that's why they aren't answering my inquiry in January why it wasn't shipped out in December as they told me back in November.  This is getting a bit crazy.  Never thought something I effectively ordered in May would not be available for Christmas.

Hi all - this is what I've been told today :-

Hello,

Thanks for the email. I'm delighted to help. I apologise for the inconvenience and trouble.

Sadly, the item from the order xxxxx is currently on back order and we'll ship the item as soon as it becomes available for delivery.

If you need anything else, please contact us for assistance. I hope you have a blessed day.

Sincerely,

U2.com Team

How can it be on back order,are they saying they haven't a clue how many people pay in to this shambles.

it looks like it is one lie after another

the last 4 people to contact customer service have had 4 different answers.

Hi - today's reponse, which can't be right either as clearly some people around the world have received their records :-

Hi ,

Thanks for your e-mail. I would be more than happy to answer any questions you may have or resolve any issues that may have occurred.

First and foremost, we sincerely apologize for any frustration this issue has caused and to hear you have not received your gift! As of now, the Vinyls have not been sent out yet, but it is on the process of being shipped. We have not received any details to an exact date to when they will start shipping. Not to worry, a shipping confirmation email will be sent to qualifying subscribers as soon as this special gift hits the mail. Please be advised it can take from 4-6 weeks for domestic orders to be processed, printed and shipped. International orders can take 6-8 weeks depending on the shipping time. If you do not receive your items after that time frame, then please reply back and let us know.

Again, we're are deeply sorry  for any inconvenience this may have caused.

If you have any additional questions you can get answers to common questions by visiting the FAQs at www.u2.com/help.  If the FAQs do not answer your question please reply to this email and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Have a wonderful day!

Sincerely,

U2.com Support

The best one yet

ive a. Work mate who took great pleasure in telling me he got his gift last Thursday but the funny thing is I've been a payed up member for 3 years more than him.

can someone please tell me how that works.

• Sad 1

54 minutes ago, clarky46 said:

The best one yet

ive a. Work mate who took great pleasure in telling me he got his gift last Thursday but the funny thing is I've been a payed up member for 3 years more than him.

can someone please tell me how that works.

Some you win, Some you lose Clarky :P

Today's response, which seems to be more likely :-

Hello Andrew,

Thanks for taking the time to reach out to us, and we would be more than happy to assist you with your issue.  First and foremost, we apologise for any frustration this issue has caused you. Rest assured, that we are definitely here to help. In regards to your issue pertaining to your question, we can confirm that the 2017 gift is expected to go out in December leading into Jan. Currently we are more waiting for more stock and inventory to come in so we can start shipping these orders out in the order they were received.

We do apologise for the inconvenience this issue has caused you.

If you need anything else, we’re always here for you - just reply to this email. It was truly a pleasure to have been the representative to have looked into this for you. Take care, and we hope you have a great day.

Sincerely,

U2.com Team

Well I'm sorry that is not the truth I know for a fact I ordered the gift before chrirossi  so to say we are dispatching in the order they were booked isn't the truth.

but the big question which maybe some one can answer is

HOW CAN YOU RUN OUT OF GIFTS WHEN YOU MUST KNOW THE NUMBERS THAT HAVE PAYED TO BE PART OF THIS SHAMBLES?

Edited by clarky46
  • Brilliant 1

Wow. I... Wow. :huh: I don't even know what to say. <_<

Here I was thinking that I hadn't received my subscriber gift cause I live in Australia when in fact there's just morons organising the subscriber gifts. 

I guess I'll come and see what's happening in here in about 6 weeks time, before I resubscribe. 

• Upvote 1

well, just got a reply for that... 

"The length of your U2 Fan Club subscription is not related to the time it takes for you to receive the gift, so your membership will expire as planned if it is not renewed, but you will still receive your gift in the near future. At this time, the 2018 membership gift has not yet been disclosed, so we do not have that information for you yet. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. Have a great day."

I will resubscribe "in the near future" as well. Hopefully this issue can lead to improvements to future subscribers... unless it is done purposedly (a new subscription costs $10 more than a renewal...).

i2 am waiting for gift that I resubscibed early on back before it was even announced that they were going to be 7inch singles. Seems odd that it takes this long........

Told you there more interested in selling tickets for the European gigs than getting this shambles sorted.

and once again there are no Scottish dates.

must have been a lie the amount of times bono told the Glasgow crowd they were the 2nd best fans in the world.

cant be that good as for the 2nd tour in a year no Scottish dates.

A wild guess: vinyl pressing shops are highly overbooked. Maybe not far from the truth, recently read an article about it, demand on vinyl reached a new peak and every artist wants a vinyl release atm... maybe something went wrong in the schedule or workflow for the gifts :ph34r:

Edited by chulia83