Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

febottini

Dispatch Update - 2017 Subscriber Gift (Was '2017 Subscription Gift Announced')

The vinyls are still in the process of being shipped out. 

At this point I am just starting to wonder when I should ask for a refund on my non-received item. I paid for something back in January of 2017, it is now January 2018 and I am still waiting for the singles. If I ordered these from any store that was the same caliber that U2 is as a band I would have a FULL refund at this point (not to mention my item already). There really is no excuse to deliver the singles to some of the people who ordered them all over the world and not others. Systematically it makes no sense for them to say they had a limited number which they ran out of and the length you've been a subscriber had nothing to do with who they sent them to. What did they do randomly pick names out of a hat when they realized they were short stocked? It's ridiculous! I had the same issues when I ordered the JT30 set and they told me it was delayed because they ran out of the stock and had to order more! How can you continue to make the same errors over and over?!?!!!

The whole episode is a joke how can fans be treated this way? Being a long time subscriber I think its a disgrace that a large number of us still haven't received this gift from last year. Are the BAND actually aware of this debacle? With the money we pay for our subscription, and the now what are becoming ridiculously expensive ticket prices we deserve to be given better treatment. How can people be expected to pay over £200 for tickets at the O2, that's not including travel and accommodation not everyone lives in London. I'm now wondering will we ever receive 2018 gift when we are finally made aware of what it will be. Come on U2 get this sorted and remember if it wasn't for us loyal fans where would you be?

On 1/8/2018 at 7:23 PM, clarky46 said:

How can it be on back order,are they saying they haven't a clue how many people pay in to this shambles.

it looks like it is one lie after another

the last 4 people to contact customer service have had 4 different answers.

I advise everybody to please flood the Advertising Standards Authority with complaints, U2.com as a business are filed in Ireland. This takes only a minute or two to complete and will grab their attention:

http://www.asai.ie/make-a-complaint/

I sent them an email asking if there was anything they could do to make up for the fact that I ordered the item in January of 2017 (with the promise of it being shipped in December) and it's now January of 2018. Because let's face it no actual big name storefront would get away with doing something like this, even online stores like eBay have measures against something like this!

you will after 4 working days giv you an excuse why you haven't received you're gift that you paid for last year.

butthey still won't tell you when you will receive the gift you payed for last year.

please fell free to post the excuse onhere as there are now 5 different ones.

There is a new post regarding the shambles of last years gift.

Between all of us we have now received 5 different excuses why we haven't received this gift which was payed for last year.

the best one yet is that they have run out,which I can't belive a company can't count the number of members and order enough.

but no one can tell you when you will receive it.

total shambles.

On 18/1/2018 at 7:49 PM, Musicality said:

I advise everybody to please flood the Advertising Standards Authority with complaints, U2.com as a business are filed in Ireland. This takes only a minute or two to complete and will grab their attention:

http://www.asai.ie/make-a-complaint/

Done that. No Shipping News after one year. Subscription expiring... won't renew.

Totally agree I won't be renewing my membership, looks like U2 have decided to forget the fans for corporate greed. Ticket prices are a disgrace who can afford the prices for decent seats? By the time accommodation and travel are included its a joke. Maybe if I had several houses around the world and a team of people looking after me I could afford to go to one of my own concerts?

I still haven't received ANY sort of response to the message I sent in Thursday. Not even the "message received" nonsense.  

It also looks like they have deleted one of the two order numbers from my shop history. Has this happened with anyone else?

DID ANYONE ACTUALLY RECEIVE THEIR 2017 SUBSCRIBER GIFT OF THE VINYLS - SENT REQUEST MANY TIMES REGARDING DELIVERY  -  BUT NO RESPONSE - A BIT LIKE THE GIFT!

Redeemed my 2017 gift in November but still not received it. Seen suggestions some went out in December, but they ran out of stock and next batch will be February. February 2018 that is! Guess we have no choice but to be patient. Any guess what the 2018 gift will be and when that will go out? :lol:

5 hours ago, scooby555 said:

Any guess what the 2018 gift will be and when that will go out? :lol:

A  better presale in 2019!

45 minutes ago, Cazza said:

A  better presale in 2019!

Now thats a gift most would welcome! :D

No gift since my renewal in May 2017 , no one at u2 store can give me an answer , and then they go and put the same gift for the 2018 subscription , what a bunch of morons they have running the store site when they cant even get the gifts to the people they were meant to , seriously can anyone on planet earth tell us what is going on with the 10 inch sub gifts , anyone ....anyone ...anyone

Has anyone received these yet? I've been trying t contact them since October and not heard back other then they are backed ordered. I'm wondering if we should consider a class action lawsuit if we either don't get them soon or our money is returned. 

1 hour ago, wmak4 said:

Has anyone received these yet? I've been trying t contact them since October and not heard back other then they are backed ordered. I'm wondering if we should consider a class action lawsuit if we either don't get them soon or our money is returned. 

There was an unexpected delay in production and shipment should start again in February. Details here: http://www.u2.com/news/title/dispatch-update-2017-subscriber-gift/news/

So it looks like the gift could be being sent out in February. I'm sorry but this is still not good enough. This whole episode is shocking and surely we deserve an official apology and some form of compensation. With all the issues going on at the moment, gift not being received, no pre sale codes, crazy ticket prices, small number of shows and from reading some of the comments on the forums there are a lot of unhappy people out there. So come on someone at least have the decency to give us some answers or is that too much to ask for????  or are you not worried about the fans anymore?????? Surely a short video addressing these issues could be put on the site. 

All I got was a rock ! Hahah. Still waiting.  Guess the record plants are busy pressing crap on to vinyl to make up for lost file sharing. I’ll wait patiently.