Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

febottini

Dispatch Update - 2017 Subscriber Gift (Was '2017 Subscription Gift Announced')

Yesterday I sent an email asking for a refund as I hadn't got what I payed for.

suprise suprise I got a reply today telling me that the membership fee is non returnable but still no sign of the 2017 gift.

reading between the lines no one has a hope in hell of getting this gift in February 

On 2/9/2018 at 2:10 PM, vertigojds said:

I hope my post didn't come across as a negative comment directed at the moderators - the late packages are 100% not their fault, and the lack of a direct email to subscribers was 100% not their fault.  My comments were more in the vein of, "If any of the people who are responsible for these decisions are listening, here is a helpful suggestion that I hope you might be able to pass along to the appropriate department or person."  If it read as anything more than that, my sincere apologies.

I'm sorry if I inadvertently called you out on something.  It's probably not my place to defend the moderators.  They've been very nice to me.  I hate seeing them get flack.  It was not my intent to call you, or anyone, out on anything. In no way was it my intent to cause an apology to be made.  That's not my place.  I'm sincerely sorry if I did so.  There's a lot of anger with the 2017 gift.  I don't understand it.  I know the 45's will come when they do.  I'd rather they take their time and do it correctly. That is just me. I probably should not have written what I did.

On 2/15/2018 at 10:50 AM, clarky46 said:

reading between the lines no one has a hope in hell of getting this gift in February 

I don't know if we will or will not get the 2017 gift in February.  I prefer they put all their energy into giving us another amazing tour.  That being said, it's only half way through February.  I'd rather embrace hope than doom it to hell.  Does it matter that much if the gift comes in February or March?  I'm trying to understand why are you are so angry.  I've seen where people are now starting to receive their 2017 gifts.  It's February 15.  Half the month remains.  Isn't it better they get it done correctly and, more importantly, done well?  Demand exceeded supply.  It happens. Again, I'm trying to understand your anger-not argue against it.

13 minutes ago, Manohlive said:

I don't know if we will or will not get the 2017 gift in February.  I prefer they put all their energy into giving us another amazing tour.  That being said, it's only half way through February.  I'd rather embrace hope than doom it to hell.  Does it matter that much if the gift comes in February or March?  I'm trying to understand why are you are so angry.  I've seen where people are now starting to receive their 2017 gifts.  It's February 15.  Half the month remains.  Isn't it better they get it done correct, and more importantly, done well?  Demand exceeded supply.  It happens. What is the big deal? Again, I'm trying to understand your anger-not argue against it.

I am not happy with ANY of this. It sucks we haven't gotten our gifts. But I think what bothers me more than ANY of this is how we, the fans, are being treated. Whether it's the subscription gift, the outrageous ticket prices, the total BS of the pre sales. It seems like whichever way we go it stinks!! Sure I don't mind waiting for the gift, but I DO MIND getting screwed on the presales. I just always felt that we mattered to U2 and their posse. But it seems things have really changed and it is NOT for the better!!! Will I ever not love U2? Of course not. But I think my over the top CRAZY may have gone down a couple of notches(much to my surprise).

Manohlive are you for really you're hoping they put all there energy into give us a amazing tour????.

sorry for laughing but do you think bono and Larry are in a wee office packing the 2017 gift into envelopes and then the edge and Adam take them to the post office.

there are a lot of people angry because they have taken our money and not 

1 sent out what we paid for

2 have now told many people 5 different dates when we should expect the gift

3 they have admitted the didn't order enough,how hard is it to count the number of fee paying members and order accordingly 

4 they couldn't be bothered to come on here post a letter explaining what has went wrong apologised 

there are many more reasons but I can't stop laughing at bono licking 50000 stamps ????

It’s all gone wrong since Paul McGuinness retired. Word on the street is that he could personally wrap, address and post a subscriber gift in 1.4 milliseconds. U2 are sadly missing his logistics expertise..........

Well after 6 emails I've received good news,I hope.

i have been told my gift was sent on the 14th of this month,if I don't receive it in 4-5 weeks I have to get back in touch.

they did there homework as they told me I couldn't get a refund because I used my pre sale code.

i don't know if the emails I've sent have moved them to send me the gift or just another excuses to stop me emailing them,I do hope it's the first.

so let's see what the postman brings,and I hope the band can hurry up and post all the gifts so they can get back to rehearsals ???

6 hours ago, clarky46 said:

Manohlive are you for really you're hoping they put all there energy into give us a amazing tour????.

Yes, I both think and believe they are going to put everything they have into it.   They are, first and foremost, musicians.  They are great musicians.  The desire to play never ceases.  The need to play one's best never diminishes.  The need for an audience nags to get back on the stage.  In 2015 they gave us the IE tour.  Last year we had the JT30 tour.  Now we have the EI tour and it's 2018. I'm trying to imagine the logistics of accomplishing that.  It seems unprecedented to me.  I remember leaving shows and being bummed it was going to be four or five more years before I got to see them again.  I'd wait and hope and listen and read anything U2 wondering when and what they were gonna do next.  Getting Propaganda was an orgasm.

As for the tour being amazing-I think all of their tours speak for themselves. Pop was the most criticized tour.  I think it is one of the greatest things I've ever seen or will see.  The IE tour is the best show I've seen. Now they've a platform from which they've already toured and can play new music.  They now get to play SOE and IE together and make them mesh. It's art and it's U2.  That is why I don't care about the gift.  It is why I asked you questions because I did not understand your anger.  We are different but it's all good.  In the end it's U2 live.  I feel so fortunate to be able to go to the shows that the gift does not matter to me.  If it doesn't come then it doesn't come and I'll take one for the team even if I did pay for it.  That's just me.  I understand your side. You did pay for a product and you've the right to get it. 

5 hours ago, doctornickriviera said:

It’s all gone wrong since Paul McGuinness retired. Word on the street is that he could personally wrap, address and post a subscriber gift in 1.4 milliseconds. U2 are sadly missing his logistics expertise..........

Something went askew. I don't know what it was.  Your post makes a lot of sense.

1 hour ago, clarky46 said:

i don't know if the emails I've sent have moved them to send me the gift or just another excuses to stop me emailing them,

Perhaps it's the assembly line starting after halting and announcing it would be back up and running in February. 

5 hours ago, clarky46 said:

do you think bono and Larry are in a wee office packing the 2017 gift into envelopes and then the edge and Adam take them to the post office.

No.  I think they are probably in rehearsals or something pre-production and it's a lot of f^%k*$g work.

A tracking number is now showing for my order. Shipping from California to NJ. Scheduled delivery 2/23/18

We're talking about the 2017 gift (I still haven't received mine) and they still haven't had the decency to even tell us what the 2018 one Is AND we've paid for that in advance; blindly.

Shambles.

19 hours ago, clarky46 said:

t do you think bono and Larry are in a wee office packing the 2017 gift into envelopes and then the edge and Adam take them to the post office

No. Clearly the rhythm section should be working closely together on the packing , whilst edge and bono sort out the final delivery. Leaving  the singer working in isolation with the drummer is doomed to failure. Even worse when the drummer is also the singer-see Phil Collins if you need further explanation

I still have no tracking info on my order and haven't received any shipping email. I will NOT be renewing. F this. 

On 2/15/2018 at 11:50 AM, clarky46 said:

Yesterday I sent an email asking for a refund as I hadn't got what I payed for.

suprise suprise I got a reply today telling me that the membership fee is non returnable but still no sign of the 2017 gift.

I'm surprised they responded to you asking for a refund I have asked them numerous times for a refund and they have completely ignored my requests. 

Just checked and apparently mine was shipped on 14th February.   Now the long wait for the 2018 gift begins....

well at least everyone else seems to be getting theirs :rolleyes:.....Let's just say I'm going to be messaging the shop about this again.

10 months since re-subscribing and still waiting on my gift - the worst service i have ever experienced in my life.

1 hour ago, sukhjitkamal said:

How is everyone checking their shipping dates? cheers.

I went through the shop link.  At the bottom right below "My account" click on order status.  Click on the order number and it will show you the details for that order including shipping status / date.  On mine there seems to be 2 numbers - one in July and one in November - I think the first was when I paid my subscription and the second when I "redeemed" the gift.

1 hour ago, shakyfan said:

I went through the shop link.  At the bottom right below "My account" click on order status.  Click on the order number and it will show you the details for that order including shipping status / date.  On mine there seems to be 2 numbers - one in July and one in November - I think the first was when I paid my subscription and the second when I "redeemed" the gift.

Ta. Mine hasn't updated though. Shipping date is Nov 12th when I bought the subscription. 

What is the 2017 gift ?? . Paid up that long ago . Who's to blame for this fiasco. It's not the Moderators or band . So some one hold their hands up and say we've F#$ked up . Paid so much into this band but that's me had enough ??