Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

febottini

Dispatch Update - 2017 Subscriber Gift (Was '2017 Subscription Gift Announced')

21 hours ago, bigwave said:

as you keep saying in multiple threads, and I have had to remove at least one of your comments for being overly abusive. Please consider where and how often you post the same issue over and over.. 

I think he is entitled to post the same issue over and over given the whole sorry excuse of a 2017 subscriber gift...

I guess for something like 'Pop' on vinyl, they can have 50,000 copies produced, or whatever it might be, and they can sell them indefinitely until they are all sold. But when it comes to giftclub merchandise, they have to be much more conservative with production estimates and only produce as many as they need - because this merchandise can't be offered next year really. With the new tour, and the incentive to subscribe in order to take part in ticket presales, I suppose LiveNation ultimately had many more "orders" for the vinyl set than they anticipated. The plant where the vinyl is manufactured will of course need some lead time to schedule a new production run, etc. It's all quite understandable. But a frustrating end-user experience, as the fulfillment communication is just not up to the standard it could be. If I were a manager in this LiveNation department, I'd be wondering why something as fundamental as dispatch notifications weren't working reliably.

3 hours ago, colinos said:

I wonder could someone in the UK confirm...

When the vinyls are dispatched, is there a tracking number? Is delivery guaranteed? Who is the delivery company?

According to my order status online, my set was dispatched back in December, but nothing ever arrived. (I wasn't actually expecting anything, because I didn't get any dispatch notification email.)

I'd like to know what happened to my vinyls...

(Frustratingly, every time I email customer service, it seems they don't understand exactly what I'm saying/asking. Are they under so much pressure that they don't have time to read my email properly? Each time, it's a different person too. I wish they had a live chat feature, so I could actually have a proper conversation with someone.)

Mine came last week. Got no tracking number or email. Only thing I got was that its been dispatched on the "my order" page. Couple days later it arrived. 

Has anyone in the UK got their 2017 subscription gift yet? Last e-mail I got about it was 8th July 2017. Subscription gifts seem to be getting later & later each year

On 3/5/2018 at 2:34 PM, Gjachts said:

It shows that my 2017 "gift" has shipped and they gave me a tracking number indicating that it was shipped on February 28,.  Of course the tracking number shows that the label was created but the package was not dropped off.  

21 hours ago, james busick said:

That tracking number on the order status page is not the UPS one.  If you got the shipping confirmation e-mail from UPS My Choice, that has the correct tracking number.  Mine was shipped on 3/2 to Austin, TX and is scheduled for delivery 3/9.  So you'll probably get yours in the next few days if you're in the U.S.

19 hours ago, dmway said:

Yes, I'll back this up too - I got the label for mine created on 2/26 and, according to the USPS tracking site, mine is (finally) arriving tomorrow.

Of course, I will let you know if it really happens - I have a feeling it will. It shows that it is already waiting in my local post office for delivery tomorrow by 8 p.m. I don't think they would lie that badly in plain sight! :D

...and they were true to their word!

The set finally arrived in suburban Philly just in time to beat the snowstorm that is coming tonight/tomorrow.

If only I had, or even wanted to have, a turntable... :rolleyes:

They are packaged quite nicely - oh, this hasn't been mentioned before (that I have seen anyway), so I'll mention it here in case some people are expecting one thing and could possibly be unnecessarily disappointed by receiving another.

These are 10" vinyls, not 12" (really, more about 10 1/2 inches) - like the old EPs used to be back in the day. Now, of course, this is completely proper and rational - there is only one song on each side, so why would you really need a full-size 12" disc? (Of course, I am also wondering a bit why they just didn't make 7" 45s out of this set - that would have been very easy to do. Perhaps the look and sound are better the way they are...)

Well, they have arrived - those who have a recent date in their order status should be getting theirs soon.

Off to think about where to position my new "artwork"... :huh:

On 4/3/2018 at 3:02 PM, kevincarb said:

Rumour has it if you email them it prompts them to push you to top of list, few on u2start have done it and virtually next day order on way, I emailed 28th and next day order status changed to shipped, coincidence ? Maybe, the sceptic in me says it was the email 

will try that, thanks for the hint !

I've also seen reported that the customer service people have no contact with the distribution/warehouse people. So emailing customer service could be just clogging up the system for no good reason. Obviously many fanclub gifts are being dispatched around now. It's not impossible that people emailing customer service and their set being dispatched is just coincidence.

1 hour ago, dmway said:

...and they were true to their word!

The set finally arrived in suburban Philly just in time to beat the snowstorm that is coming tonight/tomorrow.

If only I had, or even wanted to have, a turntable... :rolleyes:

They are packaged quite nicely - oh, this hasn't been mentioned before (that I have seen anyway), so I'll mention it here in case some people are expecting one thing and could possibly be unnecessarily disappointed by receiving another.

These are 10" vinyls, not 12" (really, more about 10 1/2 inches) - like the old EPs used to be back in the day. Now, of course, this is completely proper and rational - there is only one song on each side, so why would you really need a full-size 12" disc? (Of course, I am also wondering a bit why they just didn't make 7" 45s out of this set - that would have been very easy to do. Perhaps the look and sound are better the way they are...)

Well, they have arrived - those who have a recent date in their order status should be getting theirs soon.

Off to think about where to position my new "artwork"... :huh:

Yes, lovely packaging and 10 " vinyls.  Both are good points, I would have been 100% satisfied if they were under the Christmas tree.  Overall I was 85% satisfied due to shipping delays.  Cheers

On 4/3/2018 at 7:46 PM, Manohlive said:

It was not critical.  Many people are going out and buying turntables for a hundred bucks or so and their vinyls get ruined.  A decent turntable is hundreds of dolllars-for those who want their vinyls to remain in good condition.  It's just a warning.

just out of curiosity, can these turntables ruin the vinyls in their first run? or is it a slow process caused by bad needles so one has to listen to the vinyl several times before it gets ruined? thanks.

Yes, the gift was delayed.  However, I've ordered several items from the U2 shop and I never had a problem, fyi.  I will probably order again from U2.com.  

2 hours ago, tvgio.com said:

just out of curiosity, can these turntables ruin the vinyls in their first run? or is it a slow process caused by bad needles so one has to listen to the vinyl several times before it gets ruined? thanks.

I have no idea.  I wish I could help.  Friends told me what I wrote.  They are big vinyl lovers.  I found my old Dual turntable.  I was going to buy a new one and they said to use the old one as the inexpensive new ones are ruining the vinyls of people.  Look at the reviews is all I can suggest.

17 hours ago, tvgio.com said:

15 hours ago, Manohlive said:

I have no idea.  I wish I could help.  Friends told me what I wrote.  They are big vinyl lovers.  I found my old Dual turntable.  I was going to buy a new one and they said to use the old one as the inexpensive new ones are ruining the vinyls of people.  Look at the reviews is all I can suggest.

The "issue" with poorly made turntables is the lack of counterweight which is the balance on the arm...modern records can survive much more usage because of the heavyweight material they're made out of etc but older records are more susceptible to wear if the weight on the arm isn't properly set. Many of the less expensive or less expensively made turntables don't have a weighted arm and they put more wear into the grooves of the records. 

Also the small "portable" turntables have undersize platters and long story short when the record is hanging off the edge it puts more needle weight into the grooves and again is putting more wear into your records. 

....I hope this is helpful.

My "gift" has arrived today in the UK. Shipped 1st March, delivered 7th March via UPS and according to the customs label the country of origin of goods is Czech Republic. 

All looks very nice (well as much as I can see given that I'm keeping the discs sealed in the sellophane as I dont currently have a record player. 

Now where's my 2018 gift? :lol:

21 minutes ago, scooby555 said:

My "gift" has arrived today in the UK. Shipped 1st March, delivered 7th March via UPS

Did you have to sign for it? Supposedly mine was dispatched back in December, but I didn't receive it. I'm trying to chase it down now, or find out what (might have) happened to it. If a signature is required, it's easier to track of course.

1 hour ago, colinos said:

Did you have to sign for it? Supposedly mine was dispatched back in December, but I didn't receive it. I'm trying to chase it down now, or find out what (might have) happened to it. If a signature is required, it's easier to track of course.

No signature required. I found it resting against my front door when I returned this afternoon. Good luck getting yours!

Edited to add, of course, I received no email advising me that the gift was on its way - despite what has been said elsewhere. 

Mine arrived today in the peoples republic of Wales also. Raised the issue with Mich40 last weekend as no order relating to these in my u2.com shop despite having redeemed gift.Had a reply from u2.com on Sunday and vinyls arrived today.

I can’t really fault that,so thanks U2.com and Mich for resolving this quickly when I raised this. Credit where credits due and all that! U2.com and the mods have taken a lot of flack over this and the presales(from myself included), so I think it is also important to give positive feedback when something is sorted out quickly.

now where’s my 2018 elephant! 

got a tracking number on my account shipped Feb 8, waiting to be picked up by shipper, "but I still haven't found, records on my stoop"

Either my mails to customer support didn’t go through or left unanswered, but somehow the order nr disappeared from my orders on the shop site... 

unfortunaltely I‘m not at home til saturday evening and can’t check if the gift finally arrived :wacko: 

Mine arrived today, have to say it’s very nice, worth the wait in the end, alls well that ends well ?

24 minutes ago, kevincarb said:

Mine arrived today, have to say it’s very nice, worth the wait in the end, alls well that ends well ?

That's good to hear...

I'm really not surprised by the delay. I think this is par for course for the subscriber "gift", unfortunately. The first time I bought a membership on U2.com the gift was the CD "Medium, Rare, and Remastered". It took so long to arrive that I totally forgot it was coming! And this was a CD. No pressing plant hold up. I'm not sure why it takes so long. The "Another Time, Another Place" vinyl also took a long time. It's a shame that the mods catch so much flack because they are certainly not responsible. But as others have pointed out, it's very hard to get an answer from a human who works for Live Nation or whomever.

My friend is still waiting for the 2017 vinyl gift. He placed the order last May.

I sort of look at it as follows: I pay for the pre sale access, and the gift comes at some point and it's usually pretty cool once it gets here. Keeps me from getting angry, haha.

One bit of feedback if anyone at U2.com cares: Make the coupons usable for music and other media!

cheers, folks.