Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

febottini

Dispatch Update - 2017 Subscriber Gift (Was '2017 Subscription Gift Announced')

A message of encouragement for those still anxiously waiting - mine arrived here in Sydney Australia today, in perfect condition too. Don't recall getting an email to say they were on there way though.

Confirmed on June 11th.

Arrived in Greater Cincinnati March 7th. (pristine condition)

So I got the email from Live Nation yesterday, but when I click on the 'track your package', the USPS page says that they haven't received the package that they're supposed to be delivering.  Sigh.

Don't worry, my tracking number said that the post office hadn't received the package for like four days after the U2 website said it was shipped.  It seems like it takes about a week for the package to actually arrive once the website says that it was shipped.  At least that was my experience. 

I've just received a notification that mine has been shipped, a day after I sent an email asking where my order was. It says it can take like 24 days so I'll have to be patient some more.

I got an email saying I have a package (with active tracking) coming from LiveNation ECommerce from UPS. I have an different tracking number noted in my U2 shop order history that is through USPS and is invalid. Not sure what is going on. Where are other peoples tracking numbers from? Are the packages getting handed off to USPS via UPS or something of that nature? 

I haven't ordered anything from Live Nation and the UPS email doesn't have any information as to what the package is so I have no idea if it's the singles or not. Thanks in advance for any help. :blink:

39 minutes ago, Tflyer90 said:

I got an email saying I have a package (with active tracking) coming from LiveNation ECommerce from UPS. I have an different tracking number noted in my U2 shop order history that is through USPS and is invalid. Not sure what is going on. Where are other peoples tracking numbers from? Are the packages getting handed off to USPS via UPS or something of that nature? 

I haven't ordered anything from Live Nation and the UPS email doesn't have any information as to what the package is so I have no idea if it's the singles or not. Thanks in advance for any help. :blink:

Mine was delivered by USPS, but the tracking number was UPS on my order history. It seems a lot of people are doing this type of delivery now. 

I guess it also depends where in the world you are. In the UK at least, there doesn't seem to be any tracking number at all.

I wish there was. My vinyl set went missing. I never received anything anyway. The only information I have is a ship date listed when I check order status online. I guess the package got returned to sender, but really I have no idea what happened to it. I don't know why the shipping company didn't manage to deliver it - whoever they were. It's a poor reflection on their ability to do their job,

25 minutes ago, mich40 said:

Mine was delivered by USPS, but the tracking number was UPS on my order history. It seems a lot of people are doing this type of delivery now. 

Mine was exactly the same way. There was a UPS tracking number listed on my account page. Then it was delivered via my USPS.   Hope everyone gets their gift eventually (and soon.). Goodness knows we’ve waited long enough. 

Hello,

I live in California and I finally received the singles. Arrived in perfect condition. They look funktastic! Still does not excuse the absurd length of time it took to get them. This has nothing to do with patience. All to do with failure to execute and lack of communication. 

Peace, Love or else!

On ‎13‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 12:16 AM, berrigan2101 said:

i got mine last week after ordering in November so not as bad as some people but mine looked like they're from 1987 given the condition they arrived in<_<

IMG_7169.jpg

IMG_7170.jpg

It seems they have been soaked in water. Just terrible.

6 hours ago, Tflyer90 said:

I'm very happy for you, Tflyer90.  I can't like any more comments today, so I need to post this.  I'm really glad you finally got these.  I've read your comments and hoped and hoped.  Woo Hoo.

Got my singles last weekend and threw them on the record player. They look and sound great - except for I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For (Studio Side). It sounds warped. Like when a cassette tape would start to wear out. Speed up, slow down, wobble. The vinyl itself is fairly warped, too. Anyone else have this problem? I'm about to start a claim with support but wanted to see if anyone else had a similar issue.

In America, it seems the vinyls are all being shipped via USPS; from California to your local postal warehouse and then delivered.  Copy and paste your tracking number into USPS.  If you hit the link in the U2.com shop it redirects to USPS despite it saying shipped UPS something or another.  It's weird.

6 hours ago, u2_kg said:

Got my singles last weekend and threw them on the record player. They look and sound great - except for I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For (Studio Side). It sounds warped. Like when a cassette tape would start to wear out. Speed up, slow down, wobble. The vinyl itself is fairly warped, too. Anyone else have this problem? I'm about to start a claim with support but wanted to see if anyone else had a similar issue.

That sounds like the vinyl has been stored incorrectly and it definitely needs replacing. How annoying, I hope you get it sorted.

On 12/3/2018 at 4:26 AM, Manohlive said:

I've read your comments and remember both of you are still waiting.  I'm glad they are sent.   I hope they arrive soon.

Got them!!!! Rome, Italy. Redeemed may 3rd 2017, shipped February 13th 2018. Arrived. Thanks!!!

IMG_20180317_114710-min.jpg

On 3/12/2018 at 5:16 PM, berrigan2101 said:

i got mine last week after ordering in November so not as bad as some people but mine looked like they're from 1987 given the condition they arrived in<_<

IMG_7169.jpg

IMG_7170.jpg

::: This damage on the sleeves spines comes directly from a wrong way to pack'em before shipping. It seems it was made in a hurry, careless and without any knowledge about how to protect a vinyl record for a short or long trip. Sorry for your records, I hope they can get you a replacement.

Regards.

10 hours ago, russpm said:

That sounds like the vinyl has been stored incorrectly and it definitely needs replacing. How annoying, I hope you get it sorted.

I have two friends who have received theirs. One set was warped (dished). The other set had a hole torn through the entire set (all of the sleeves were damaged, and 3 of the 4 records were cracked. I inspected these and they were also warped.

From my experience, looks like some very bad pressings and bad shipping/handling.

The last time i got a subscriber gift it was the live vinyl "Another Time, Another Place". The first one I was sent was severely warped.

Well as mentioned previously got my email this past Monday and got them this past Wednesday in Southern California. So not bad BUT I haven't had a chance to check them out. I really hoped there not warped cause I really don't want to deal with that because who knows how long the whole process can take to get them replaced!!

6 hours ago, monicaforrestall said:

Long time member.. I renewed my membership in March 2017 and again in March this year. Still waiting on 2017 gift.

Have you received a shipping email yet? If not I would contact Live Nation immediately. Good luck.

Message of hope for those still waiting - mine arrived in perfect condition today. That is 10 days since emailing Live Nation and 6 days since receiving a shipping email. I'm in the uk.

hope everyone gets sorted soon.

They are very nice.

How did you contact Live Nation? Mine has said waiting on USPS to pick up for almost two months. 

I think its it’s time I rattle a cage somewhere. 

5 minutes ago, PAG-IN said:

How did you contact Live Nation? Mine has said waiting on USPS to pick up for almost two months. 

I think its it’s time I rattle a cage somewhere. 

please check the info here: https://u2.fanfire.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/Store.woa/wa/contactus

You can also call the Customer Service 1-800-615-1324. (From outside the U.S. please use +1-434-205-7049)