Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

febottini

Dispatch Update - 2017 Subscriber Gift (Was '2017 Subscription Gift Announced')

Hi All

The Joshua Tree Singles arrived Ireland today.

My eyes make a circle.

Tks. :POP_Heart_02::u2-1383:

Hi everyone,

I received my Joshua Tree singles, today, Dublin Ireland...,30 March 2018.

Thanks U2

:JT2017_Screen:

Got mine today..delivered in perfect condition to Cork,Ireland.

Mine were dispatched a day after expressing my frustration (politely) over a phone call with a staffer from U2..com on March 10.

I would suggest you make contact to speed the process up!! Vinyl look and sound great-a fantastic gift!

Mine arrived in Galway, Ireland this week. One corner damaged on all 4 sleeves. Very annoyed. As soon as I saw the package, it was obvious that it was inadequate and it was no surprise when I opened the packaging to see the damage.

I work in manufacturing and we always do 'travel tests' to ensure new products will arrive in required destinations in top condition. Live Nation obviously did not do this as it would have been so obvious that the packaging was not up to the job. There are 4 vinyl records! They are heavy! They need protective packaging! I've waited so long for this subscription gift and it is a huge disappointment.

fintano

Shipped February 23. Still waiting here in Bogotá, Colombia.

Still waiting in Maastricht (NL)!!! My friend here got theirs last month already (one corner bit damaged). After  a three week journey from the U.s. through Belgium 

Still waiting for mine to be delivered.Nearly 11 months now since I redeemed - Live Nation definitely know how to piss fans off?‍♂️

On 9/4/2018 at 11:35 AM, SAYDEE said:

Shipped February 23. Still waiting here in Bogotá, Colombia.

Here in Bogotá, a friend got his vinyls last friday. I hope that mine arrive this week... (keep my fingers crossed).

Still waiting for mine to arrive...

Contacted support a number of times, and am constantly given conflicting information. On 9 March Theresa said she "took the liberty of shipping the vinyl set to me", but also that I would receive an email notification when it actually shipped, which of course I didn't get.

A month later, on 9 April, I contacted them again, and this time Orlando told me that "regretfully, all U2 Fan Club Membership gifts are currently in production at this time."

I just want my gift, so I can move on from this fiasco!

On 4/16/2018 at 10:33 AM, SAYDEE said:

Here in Bogotá, a friend got his vinyls last friday. I hope that mine arrive this week... (keep my fingers crossed).

Well, mine never arrived. I contacted support and U2 team told me that they would forward my vinyls, so I hope get them this time ?

My lost vinyls appear today, but in poor condition and not because of the courier service ? all the boxes of my vinyls are in a poor state, vinyls packaging are broken in two sides, every package, like they were cut with a knife and the plastic was in perfect condition so the vinyls came from production in bad conditions and they weren't damaged by courier services. Like they didn't check them by quality control.  So sad ?

unnamed_1.jpg

unnamed_2.jpg

unnamed_3.jpg

unnamed_4.jpg

unnamed_5.jpg

unnamed_6.jpg

unnamed_7.jpg

The records are heavy. If the package is thrown around at all (which I'm sure 99.9% of packages are), the force of the records impacting the sides of the sleeves is going to cause this damage. It wasn't a knife that cut the sleeves - it was the records themselves that cut the sleeves.

9 hours ago, colinos said:

The records are heavy. If the package is thrown around at all (which I'm sure 99.9% of packages are), the force of the records impacting the sides of the sleeves is going to cause this damage. It wasn't a knife that cut the sleeves - it was the records themselves that cut the sleeves.

It's possible but the outer cardboard wrap is intact and below it were the boxes cut, and the plastic package was intact too, in all its borders. It's something weird. Btw, only me? How lucky I am ?

3 hours ago, colinos said:

No, it wasn't only you. See this post earlier in this same thread:

Oh, OK, he is accompanied in his grieving ?. But like I said, it's weird that the outer cardboard wrap and plastic package are intact. Other friends here in Bogotá got theirs vinyls in good condition using our national postal service. Well, U2 team had reshipped my vinyls because they don't appear, and when they get stock again, nevertheless I would be happy only with new vinyl record jackets.

Still waiting.... I've been a fanclub member since day 1 and never had any problems before, but this is getting absolutely ridiciulous, ordered it a year ago.

U2's 'helpdesk' isn't helpful at all, they just acknowledge the fact that there is a delay and I'm supposed to wait for a shipping confirmation (which according to a lot of users don't seem to be send out).

Gonna contact them again.

Just received another e-mail. Apparently there seem to be some production errors causing another 6-8 weeks delay.......... Unbelievable!

I'm still waiting too. It bothers me every single day. I'm more afraid than annoyed at this stage. I'm a bit of a "collector", and I would hate to think I miss out on this gift. I just have this bad feeling that finally it's going to end in being contacted to say, "OK sorry folks, no more supplies and we're not producing any more." I've contacted support too many times. I wish the communication was more systematic (and believable somehow). We need a "champion" amongst the moderators maybe? Someone with the connections to get concrete confirmation on this.