febottini

Dispatch Update - 2017 Subscriber Gift (Was '2017 Subscription Gift Announced')

I'm still waiting too. It bothers me every single day. I'm more afraid than annoyed at this stage. I'm a bit of a "collector", and I would hate to think I miss out on this gift. I just have this bad feeling that finally it's going to end in being contacted to say, "OK sorry folks, no more supplies and we're not producing any more." I've contacted support too many times. I wish the communication was more systematic (and believable somehow). We need a "champion" amongst the moderators maybe? Someone with the connections to get concrete confirmation on this.

• Upvote 1

On 5/24/2018 at 5:11 PM, Bobni said:

Just received another e-mail. Apparently there seem to be some production errors causing another 6-8 weeks delay.......... Unbelievable!

Funny that I just received and email from U2.com stating NEW Vinyl Coming Soon!  Interesting how they managed to get the sh!t they SELL in production, but the sh!t that's already paid for, mine going on a year and a half now, is somehow mysteriously having problems.  I for one am not holding my breath I will EVER get anything for what I piad.  And no recourse either.  It has however really soured my experience with a band I have followed for 30+ years now.  It's too bad they can't step up and do something.  They're U2 for god's sake!  They seem to make ANYTHING happen!  It's total horse sh!t!

On 5/21/2018 at 3:47 PM, Bobni said:

Still waiting.... I've been a fanclub member since day 1 and never had any problems before, but this is getting absolutely ridiciulous, ordered it a year ago.

U2's 'helpdesk' isn't helpful at all, they just acknowledge the fact that there is a delay and I'm supposed to wait for a shipping confirmation (which according to a lot of users don't seem to be send out).

Gonna contact them again.

Good luck!  I've beat that effing horse....

On 5/24/2018 at 5:19 PM, colinos said:

I'm still waiting too. It bothers me every single day. I'm more afraid than annoyed at this stage. I'm a bit of a "collector", and I would hate to think I miss out on this gift. I just have this bad feeling that finally it's going to end in being contacted to say, "OK sorry folks, no more supplies and we're not producing any more." I've contacted support too many times. I wish the communication was more systematic (and believable somehow). We need a "champion" amongst the moderators maybe? Someone with the connections to get concrete confirmation on this.

Would be nice, but we are all but forgotten.  The cash has been spent on more stuff to sell, that gets released practically every day.  If you haven't gotten it yet, I have not, it's likely we'll never see it.  I won't buy another damn thing from this band.

still waiting for 2017 gift!!! And they announce the 2018-gift to be produced?!?!?

SEnd e-mail to  LIVE NATION before and didn't get any response at all!!! WTF....

3 hours ago, nightbird42 said:

still waiting

I stopped worrying about it.  "In a Little While", "ONE" day in "40" years when "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" it will show up in my post box.  That will be "The First Time" I believe it.  But for now, I'm gonna consider it "Gone".  Yep, for now, I'm at my "Moment of Surrender".  They have my money and I have no recourse to complain but I'm sure they will "Sleep Like a Baby Tonight".  My 2017 Gift order seems to have pulled a "Disappearing Act".  Sure I can listen to the CD or the MP3 files but they will never be "Even Better Than The Real Thing".  Who knows, I could be wrong and it may just show up this "October"....that would be a "Beautiful Day".  I honestly go from mad to patient and "Some Days are Better Than Others".  So to the Band, Live Nation or whoever is in charge of this whole mess, you have my email and "This is Where You Can Reach Me Now".

Thanks...

Regards,

Headache in a Suitcase

:Zoo_Cosmo:

Still waiting in Argentina. Well, actually I lost any hope of getting them one day. At least I can watch the multicam videos available on YouTube, but I'm definitely not renewing my subscription. Sad.

On 7/14/2018 at 11:11 AM, lucasvenencia31 said:

Still waiting in Argentina. Well, actually I lost any hope of getting them one day. At least I can watch the multicam videos available on YouTube, but I'm definitely not renewing my subscription. Sad.

It really is sad that the band has (presumably) no control over their own fan club and getting the long time members what they should be getting.  I will not ever renew mine.  The 2016 gift was just about as bad but I fell for it again with the long awaited Joshua Tree tour.  Never again.  I sent an email last week asking about the progress only to get a canned response that was the same as every other response.  My first contact with U2.com was a phone call that sounded like they actually cared about my concern with a promise to pass it on to LiveNation only to get no response from either one for months.  I finally called back only to never get an actual person and emails are completely useless.  I would say if, like me, you haven't received one yet, we will never see it.  Meanwhile, those who do are listing them on ebay.  Honestly I have not even listened to the bands new songs and not sure I plan to.  This is clearly an issue they, along with those who run this site, Fanfire and LiveNation, could care less about.  If they did we'd be getting updates on what's wrong.  I just don't get that this particular set of albums is taking this long when SO much other current tour merch is being shoved in our face weekly with emails.

Sad indeed....

On 5/24/2018 at 10:11 PM, Bobni said:

Just received another e-mail. Apparently there seem to be some production errors causing another 6-8 weeks delay.......... Unbelievable!

So today is 8 weeks from the quoted message. I phoned U2.com support. Was on the call for 31 minutes - most of the time on hold. The lady I spoke to seemed quite surprised I hadn't received 2017's gift...in a general sense - I don't think she was aware of any problem at any point with this gift. I told her I was not alone - others were posting online about never having received theirs either.

She put me on hold and went off to check. Finally came back to tell me that it was simply listed as "out of stock" on her system - awaiting delivery from manufacturing to the warehouse. She said vinyls come in by the pallet from the manufacturer and get shipped out to fans as they become available in the warehouse. She did confirm there was a list of people still waiting. I asked if I could still expect the vinyl set to actually be sent to me, and she said yes...but I got the impression it was just because she had no information to the contrary, so yeah, sure, I could/should still expect it...

I really would like a moderator with some connections to communicate to us on this...

Edited by colinos
typo

5 hours ago, colinos said:

I really would like a moderator with some connections to communicate to us on this...

the u2comteam is aware of the situation - we periodically report what we receive concerning the gift...

4 hours ago, Max Tsukino said:

the u2comteam is aware of the situation - we periodically report what we receive concerning the gift...

Thank you for the reply. I just haven't seen any "official" reassurance or even comment since I started following this thread almost 5 months ago. I was wondering if those of us who remember the missing 2017 gift were just being left in here to rant at each other until we ran out of steam.

• Like 1