febottini

Dispatch Update - 2017 Subscriber Gift (Was '2017 Subscription Gift Announced')

My  memory is   as  bad   as  a fish, but  on  this  question i  am  99  % sure  of      being  able  to mark  the subs  gift  as  a  *gift was  there  when renewing  in  the  previous years, well up to   the  2017  vinyl gift  when  we then  asked  to  * redeem * the subs  gift..

Edited by clapton is god

I remember early years we had the option and was not always fulfilled

after  than(2010 or more maybe)  gift is always shipped as gift or very low value (up to $5) 

I'm going to just go ahead and say it...the postal workers here are complete d*cks (as in most areas) and I'm not looking forward to them delivering this around the holiday rush when everything is a nightmare

Bigwave, please,please could  you ask the Management  about   the  subs  gift  and if  it will be sent out marked  as  * gift *  please.  a lot  of   fans  would like  to know. , your  help  on  this  would be greatly appreciated  on  this question.

Hmm...I clicked "redeem" and "process order" for my 2017 subscription gift (The Joshua Tree Singles Vinyl Collection: 1987 & 2017) months ago.  However, when I look at my profile it has a "redeem your gift" button which takes me to a page that wants to charge me $85.  I know that this will be shipping in December, but I want to make sure that I will be receiving it.  Thanks.

1 hour ago, moonshine said:

Hmm...I clicked "redeem" and "process order" for my 2017 subscription gift (The Joshua Tree Singles Vinyl Collection: 1987 & 2017) months ago.  However, when I look at my profile it has a "redeem your gift" button which takes me to a page that wants to charge me $85.  I know that this will be shipping in December, but I want to make sure that I will be receiving it.  Thanks.

most likely a glitch - if you already redeemed it, there is no reason to do it again (and certainly not to pay $85!!!). adding it to the list of stuff to be reported...

1 hour ago, twobeans said:

I am having this exact issue - clicked on redeem and was sent to an order page that wanted me to pay $85. 

Please do not do anything. It is most likely a glitch and has been reported. 

On 11/3/2017 at 12:18 PM, Frankaz said:

Any news on the NLOTH toilet brushes? Been waiting 8 years...

They're about as useful as vinyl albums are in this day and age.

2 hours ago, thegrunter said:

They're about as useful as vinyl albums are in this day and age.

One can never have enough toilet brushes...

Does anyone know what is going on with the Joshua Tree Singles fan club gift? I renewed my membership in 2016 and still have yet to receive a copy from LN/TM/U2. When I called, they actually told me it was backlogged, but a year later still nothing. I did go through the "redeem" process" btw. 

I would also like to know.

I have looked at my orders and realised I should now be receiving THREE sets of the JT tree singles with all the renewals.

I sent and email to fanfire\livenation asking the status of 3 orders (two subscription renewals plus an individual purchase in May bc I forgot I was due them already!!)

On 12/4/2017 at 6:18 PM, dony69 said:

Hi, just curious to see if anyone has received their vinyls yet?

BTW SOE is superb.

I can tell you haven’t seen mine! And I love how I get emails about twice a week that current tour merch is available now, but a gift I was promised for my subscription I paid for almost a year ago, is just so complicated to put together it’s still not ready. 

As as far as SOE, I like most of it but several seem forced with rehashed sounds. Honestly I’m of the thought, “absence makes the heart grow fonder”. Make us can’t wait to hear what comes next!  The additional album and tour so soon seems a bit much. Like, “well hell, we’ve got the fans awake, let’s make all we can.”  The SOE seems like music that was tossed aside for later and I’d just prefer it be a little farther down the road. Maybe perfect some of them a little more. American Soul is the worst song on the album IMO. It’s just a tired old theme. It’s time to find a new inspiration. 

I just got the vinyl collection today.   Unfortunately, I don't have  turntable!

On 12/5/2017 at 4:05 PM, PAG-IN said:

I can tell you haven’t seen mine! And I love how I get emails about twice a week that current tour merch is available now, but a gift I was promised for my subscription I paid for almost a year ago, is just so complicated to put together it’s still not ready. 

As as far as SOE, I like most of it but several seem forced with rehashed sounds. Honestly I’m of the thought, “absence makes the heart grow fonder”. Make us can’t wait to hear what comes next!  The additional album and tour so soon seems a bit much. Like, “well hell, we’ve got the fans awake, let’s make all we can.”  The SOE seems like music that was tossed aside for later and I’d just prefer it be a little farther down the road. Maybe perfect some of them a little more. American Soul is the worst song on the album IMO. It’s just a tired old theme. It’s time to find a new inspiration. 

Haven't gotten mine, either. I have no idea when I'll get it.

On 12/9/2017 at 7:33 PM, benny00 said:

I just got the vinyl collection today.   Unfortunately, I don't have  turntable!

Yes - exactly what I was trying to say when they first announced this set. I have absolutely no interest in buying a turntable either - I think very many people here share this opinion as well.

If they are hell-bent on releasing vinyl without a CD option (I'm also strongly in favor of the list membership being polled for such things in advance), at least let us have a download option WORTH HAVING - NOT crappy mp3s! PLEASE let us have downloads either in lossless format or at least WAV format (that's the CD format, to those who don't already know). Those who want to convert such files to mp3s can do so very easily and free of charge - everyone wins.

Someday I hope and pray basic logic will prevail...

It's very true you can't please all the people all the time.

if you haven't got a turntable then why not put them in a frame I'm sure they will look amazing.

but a year after taking the money is taking the p??s,I've now paid next years subscription so maybe we will get the new gift in 2019.what ever it maybe.

11 hours ago, clarky46 said:

It's very true you can't please all the people all the time.

if you haven't got a turntable then why not put them in a frame I'm sure they will look amazing.

but a year after taking the money is taking the p??s,I've now paid next years subscription so maybe we will get the new gift in 2019.what ever it maybe.

Yes - I'll place them in frames next to last year's vinyl... :rolleyes:

Yes - I'm hoping next year's/belated-this-year's(?) (I'm confused now) will be extra good. I humbly suggest a full CD/DVD set of a JT 30th anniversary show (NO VINYL, please - at least not exclusively vinyl). I know better than to suggest BluRay, but with all of the extra cash with the early renewals this year...hmmm... ;)

On 12/9/2017 at 7:33 PM, benny00 said:

19 hours ago, moncho said:

Today I received the 2017 fan club gift , the vinyl collection . In California .

Did either of you get emails before the fact informing you that the gift was coming?

There was speculation here that there would be, but, from what I have been reading, they seem to be arriving at people's houses all of a sudden.

Edited by dmway