Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

febottini

Dispatch Update - 2017 Subscriber Gift (Was '2017 Subscription Gift Announced')

23 hours ago, tvgio.com said:

Owens said in a 2007 interview that there were plans to release the film to a 3D home video format,[15] however, the press release for the 2015 Spain re-release stated that U2 3D has been licensed exclusively for theatrical release, and will not be distributed in television, internet, or other home video formats.

Well that sucks.  Here I was starting to like you, tvgio.  Thanks a lot!   j/k....but can ya get to work on changing these unfortunate facts?  In the meantime...perhaps back to and IE/EI book, in the same vain as From the Ground Up, for a 2018 gift? 

On 2/7/2018 at 9:12 PM, Manohlive said:

The mods go out of their way to help us.  Please don't make them suffer our frustrations.  They've been very cool to me and several others in these threads.

I hope my post didn't come across as a negative comment directed at the moderators - the late packages are 100% not their fault, and the lack of a direct email to subscribers was 100% not their fault.  My comments were more in the vein of, "If any of the people who are responsible for these decisions are listening, here is a helpful suggestion that I hope you might be able to pass along to the appropriate department or person."  If it read as anything more than that, my sincere apologies.

17 hours ago, Manohlive said:

Well that sucks.  Here I was starting to like you, tvgio.  Thanks a lot!   j/k....but can ya get to work on changing these unfortunate facts?  In the meantime...perhaps back to and IE/EI book, in the same vain as From the Ground Up, for a 2018 gift? 

I'd happily sign a petition. If any mods are available to put it forward to the band....

25 minutes ago, clarky46 said:

Has any one in any country received last  years gift in February 

Rome, Italy. Negative.

On 2/7/2018 at 6:56 PM, vertigojds said:

If possible, I would respectfully ask that the following suggestion be passed up the food chain to The Powers That Be:

In the event of delays on future membership packages (or even additional delays on the 2017 vinyl package), it would be greatly appreciated if the Fan Club could reach out to fans directly with an email.  While I appreciate that the information was available in this forum, I am not the one responsible for the delay, so it doesn't seem right that I should be the one responsible for researching why the package hasn't arrived.

With every other company that I have ever placed an online order for, if there was a delay, the company reached out to me via email to alert me of the delay.  Since the membership package is part of the paid U2 subscription, I feel that it would be appropriate for U2.com to have taken the initiative to actively reach out to fans with an email update, rather than passively providing the information in a way that makes fans have to look for it.

It's especially troublesome because U2.com seems to have no issue sending multiple emails when there's an opportunity to purchase something, whether it's concert tickets or official merchandise or new music.  Since we have already purchased this fan club membership, and since the email system does appear to work, a mass email sent to subscribers with a general update would be my preferred method of receiving this information.

None of this takes away from my appreciation for that information being posted here (and I do appreciate that) - I merely wish to say that I believe the information should have been shared by other methods as well.  While I check my email daily, I do not check this forum daily, and I am sure there are subscribers who don't visit the forum section at all.

Thank you kindly for your consideration of this suggestion.

YES, I second this to the highest level!

On 07/02/2018 at 5:29 PM, shakyfan said:

Doesn't matter how often you repeat it, the fact is that there a lot of people out there who haven't received their gift yet and are rightly pissed off by that....

totally agree !!!!

still no vinyls, production delays simply confirm what a useless, incompetent organisation we are dealing with here.

Crazy Thing here...i really want the Joshua Live Singles on VINYL. Nothing Happens.

Maybe....they put the Gift from 2017 together with the Gift from 2018 ?

Why only 4 Songs on 4 Singles when we can have more live cuts from the last years tour...???

Send it out together the Gifts for 2017 +2018 as a BIG Package.

Greetings from Germany

Not long until we're half way through February but it still looks as if no one has received what was promised for the 5 th time.

I just got the email below 

"Thanks for reaching out, I’d be more than happy to see what we can do to help.

At this time all the 2017 Gift for the Joshua Tree Vinyl Collection did start shipping out as of December 2017. However, due to the extremely large amount of subscribers and demand for the subscriber gifts, we did run short on the merchandise. Due to this the delivery has been delayed for a bit.

Currently, we have received new stock for the subscriber gifts and we are getting ready to start shipping them out again here really soon. The next wave of gifts should be completely shipped out by February 2018.

Once your package has been shipped you will receive a confirmation email for the delivery as a notification.

We have also updated the FAQs section on our website at http://www.u2.com/help for updated information on the Gift.

Again, I do apologize for the delay and we do appreciate your patience." 

That's the email everyone is getting now.but I still haven't heared of any one getting there 2017 gift in February 

2 hours ago, clarky46 said:

That's the email everyone is getting now.but I still haven't heared of any one getting there 2017 gift in February 

Apologies, I didn't see that...I've been too busy to keep up with every post in this thread as of late. I responded to the email inquiring as to if they had any estimate when in February they were shipping since they originally told people "early February" and now are just making a blanket statement but I haven't heard anything back (as of yet). Something tells me they aren't going to be shipped out this month just based off the way things have been going. I also again told them I think they should be doing something more to fix this error than just telling people different "estimated dates" when they are going to attempt to ship them out etc. We shall see if I get a response back...

14 hours ago, Tflyer90 said:

However, due to the extremely large amount of subscribers and demand for the subscriber gifts, we did run short on the merchandise. Due to this the delivery has been delayed for a bit.

What crap!   They must have had a decent idea of how many they would need - surely they would know how many subscribers they have and could make an intelligent guess!  And don't get me started on that ""Thanks for reaching out" bollocks.....

As I stated earlier I responded to the above posted email saying I wanted to hear what they would offer to do for me to fix this. I suggested a refund or something of that nature and YET AGAIN they sent me this blanket email in response. I am now really starting to get pissed at them. They clearly aren't reading the emails that are received in the customer support inbox! <_<

"Thanks for reaching out, I’d be more than happy to see what we can do to help.  

Sorry you have not received your vinyls and apologize for any frustration this has caused. 

Following dispatch of initial orders, there were unexpected delays in production of the four 10” discs which form the new limited edition collection The Joshua Tree Singles Vinyl Collection: 1987 & 2017. Production is now underway again and dispatch of the gift will begin again in mid February. We’ll email you as soon as your copy hits the post so that you know when to expect it. Don’t forget, qualifying Subscribers can download all 8 tracks today from the Account Info page. 

If you need anything else, just reply to this email. 

Have a great day!"

I know that most of us haven't recieved out 2017 "Gift" yet, but I just wanted to point out this from the post regarding the 2018 "Gift"

"We’re opening the annual U2.com subscription cycle a couple of months early which means that if you're planning on continuing your paid membership for a further 12 months, you can re-subscribe from today. (The new 12 months will be added to the end of your existing term.)
As we did last year, we’ll be announcing the special 2018 subscribers gift in the New Year... but also we’re working on one special music surprise for renewing subscribers before the end of this year."

Hey thanks for that special music surprise.  It was awesome.  

It is apparent that they just say things without any regard to whether or not it is true.  

1 hour ago, Gjachts said:

"We’re opening the annual U2.com subscription cycle a couple of months early which means

................that you'll have 2 extra months to wait for it!

I get the impression that nobody actually has any idea what is going on and they just give any answer they can instead of trying to actually help people or fix any problems that arise. 

Well. Received my Manchester tickets today,maybe they should have used the same company to get the 2017 gift which they have taken our money but not sent out what we paid for.

i think after this shambles they should give every one another gift to say sorry for such an embarrassing episode 

So, my subscription 'expires within 30 days.' Still no 2017 gift. Do I renew? Will my choosing the $40 option for the 2018 gift cause further issues with not receiving the 2017 gift. ...  Questions that bother me so....   ;)

On 12/27/2017 at 12:04 PM, rjwesten said:

Still waiting in Canada too :(

Just got a UPS shipping notification last night... something seems to be shipping soon. I'm not expecting anything else.... could it be?!

1 hour ago, Bonosgal said:

So, my subscription 'expires within 30 days.' Still no 2017 gift. Do I renew? Will my choosing the $40 option for the 2018 gift cause further issues with not receiving the 2017 gift. ...  Questions that bother me so....   ;)

I have decided not to renew my subscription, still haven't received last years gift, I think the fans are being treated badly and no one seems to be bothered. Have got tickets for this year's tour but it will be my last U2 concert, I've had enough of paying inflated ticket prices and how we've been treated over this whole gift debacle. Having been a fan from the start its sad to see what a shambles the U2 brand has become, whatever happened to putting the fans first? Let's face it they would be nothing without us??