Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

febottini

Dispatch Update - 2017 Subscriber Gift (Was '2017 Subscription Gift Announced')

Recommended Posts

Someone in France got it ?

how many time between shipping and reception

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ordered May 4th 2017. Live in the UK and still not received it and had the email yesterday telling me not to worry as they would be starting shipping again in Feb!!! Its a shambles

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve just emailed, clearly there is a random nature to order fulfilment, I kid you not someone who purchased a 2018 subscription in jan received their gift today!! Absolute disgrace and a totally dishonest company , 5th may still waiting, I’m expecting there is a system glitch and we’ll get these records sometime around December...dare they send me an email saying they will go out in feb, has anyone actually spoken to a real person on this 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got mine today, March 1, 2018.   I live in Milwaukee, WI  USA.  That's about 90 minutes due North of Chicago for anyone who is not familiar.  My account said they were shipped on Feb 23.  I'm in the minority in not caring about these singles being late.  For me, it is not a big deal.  We've gotten two new studio albums and three different tours in as many years.  I'd much rather have all that, than anything from being a subscriber to U2.com.  With sincere respect to those who are frustrated; I think it's rather incredible they got this all up and running; these singles reproduced and delivered as quickly as they did.  The logistics of the tours and U2.com and such must be staggering.  2015-SOI/tour.  2017-TJT tour.  2018-SOE/tour.  I try, but I can't even imagine the complexities of accomplishing all of it.  Add to that what may be my favorite album(s) since Achtung Baby/Zooropa?  Yow.   I would be happy had these come next year or the year after that one or not at all.  That is just me.  They came today.  It seems like this band has, many times, been damned if they do and darned if they do something else.  They always come through in the end and deliver.  

That being said-I'm sorry so many people are frustrated.  I hope they arrive quickly.  I hope you are happy with them when they do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Manohlive said:

I got mine today, March 1, 2018.   I live in Milwaukee, WI  USA.  That's about 90 minutes due North of Chicago for anyone who is not familiar.  My account said they were shipped on Feb 23.  I'm in the minority in not caring about these singles being late.  For me, it is not a big deal.  We've gotten two new studio albums and three different tours in as many years.  I'd much rather have all that, than anything from being a subscriber to U2.com.  With sincere respect to those who are frustrated; I think it's rather incredible they got this all up and running; these singles reproduced and delivered as quickly as they did.  The logistics of the tours and U2.com and such must be staggering.  2015-SOI/tour.  2017-TJT tour.  2018-SOE/tour.  I try, but I can't even imagine the complexities of accomplishing all of it.  Add to that what may be my favorite album(s) since Achtung Baby/Zooropa?  Yow.   I would be happy had these come next year or the year after that one or not at all.  That is just me.  They came today.  It seems like this band has, many times, been damned if they do and darned if they do something else.  They always come through in the end and deliver.  

That being said-I'm sorry so many people are frustrated.  I hope they arrive quickly.  I hope you are happy with them when they do.

Where on your account did you see that it shipped on a certain day?  I think it's great you got yours but, honestly it's totally unacceptable that I paid and ordered this in December 2016 and still have nothing.  This is bordering on deceptive practices.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, PAG-IN said:

Where on your account did you see that it shipped on a certain day?  I think it's great you got yours but, honestly it's totally unacceptable that I paid and ordered this in December 2016 and still have nothing.  This is bordering on deceptive practices.

I went into the U2 shop.  I looked at my orders.  One was for my initial membership and vinyl subscription gift combo. Another was for the actual vinyl order.  The latter is where I found a tracking number. I don't think they are enacting deceptive practices.  I think unanticipated demand exceeded supply and now they are back up and running.  I get angry for the same reasons in my own way.  I think you've every right to feel as you do.  I'm glad you can vent.  I hope you get them soon.  For what it's worth, I think they are very well done.  I really like them and I was not that excited about this gift.  They came in a USPS cardboard package and they nicely fit back into it for protection if being stored.  I'm gonna tape it up and it'll be as they arrived.  It works well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, mickoafc said:

Ordered May 4th 2017. Live in the UK and still not received it and had the email yesterday telling me not to worry as they would be starting shipping again in Feb!!! Its a shambles

I have yet to get any correspondence from them, period!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Manohlive said:

I went into the U2 shop.  I looked at my orders.  One was for my initial membership and vinyl subscription gift combo. Another was for the actual vinyl order.  The latter is where I found a tracking number. I don't think they are enacting deceptive practices.  I think unanticipated demand exceeded supply and now they are back up and running.  I get angry for the same reasons in my own way.  I think you've every right to feel as you do.  I'm glad you can vent.  I hope you get them soon.  For what it's worth, I think they are very well done.  I really like them and I was not that excited about this gift.  They came in a USPS cardboard package and they nicely fit back into it for protection if being stored.  I'm gonna tape it up and it'll be as they arrived.  It works well.

Wow holy crap!  I never would have EVER figured that out.  No idea there'd be info for an order there.  Thanks!  Looks like it shipped 2/8/18. Would have been nice to have a email stating where you could find that info, but glad it finally shipped.  Communication has been nonexistent in my experience.  Thanks again for the tip!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  There is no need to thank me.  You are welcome.  The mods did post stuff about what to do and where to look for shipping info.  It's easy to miss that stuff or forget it.  I'm glad they are on the way.  They are very nice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, I have a tracking number.  The order date was May 5th, so keep on checking order status if you haven't received the 2017 gift yet.

Screenshot_20180301-203450-01.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Everyone, from Burbank California. I received my gift today. The Joshua Tree vinyl singles. Sort of forgot about it. Very disappointed, banged up badly. Poorly packaged to begin with, courtesy of Live Nation but the overall quality is not great. The seams of inner sleeves and vinyl jackets are split due to the rough edges of the record.  I took some picks but can’t upload them do to the measly amount of file size allowed. Will contact Live Nation, this is unacceptable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/2/2018 at 11:28 AM, ivdf said:

Apparently mine was shipped February 15h via UPS Main Innovations. No tracking number. No email notification of shipment sent. Not received. And I'm gonna bite my tongue until it bleeds... 

Finally got the parcel earlier this morning. Excellent packaging and items in mint condition. It's been a long time coming, but absolutely worthwhile for collectors of this up and coming band from Dublin...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, kevin_hogan said:

Yes, I have a tracking number.  The order date was May 5th, so keep on checking order status if you haven't received the 2017 gift yet.

Screenshot_20180301-203450-01.jpeg

Hi

kevin_hogan  where can I find this link?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, soey said:

Hi

kevin_hogan  where can I find this link?

Go to the U2shop, at the bottom right is My Account/ Order Status. Click on Order Status and it will take you to the order numbers. 

9C0D0E50-71EE-49A5-8307-B39DDF38BD6E.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I "ordered" my vinyl singles set on May 3, 2017.

I haven't received anything in the post, and I didn't get any email to notify me that something had been shipped either.

But when I checked my order status online today, it says that my set was shipped on Dec 7, 2017?

As I said, I haven't received anything.

Is there anyone from U2/Live Nation helping out on this thread? Or is it just a load of unhappy fans (me included) ranting to each other?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi

You know what ? ... I m happy 

2017 gift ship 13/02/2018 is now in my home ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My shipment was sent by UPS and then will be delivered by USPS.  So I received an email by UPS but I thought the package was hiking boots not from U2 shop lol.  Shipped from West Sacramento and is expected today in southern California.  ?  

Update:  I just received an email from USPS with tracking.  I received emails but they didn't mention U2 order, a little confusing but at least I received the emails after they were shipped.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok,  so it seems I am not the only one. It really saddens me that they are unable to fulfil their membership promises. Happy to take my money though.  I also have orders removed (someone else mentioned this). I purchased a t-shirt some time ago which I returned as not suitable I have never received a refund.....poor poor poor. Lads you need to get on to this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got the vinyls .. Yesterday in the BOX :wub::wub::wub:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve redeemed my gift like 6 months ago and still haven’t gotten my records. Any one else have this issue?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, meganbslc said:

I’ve redeemed my gift like 6 months ago and still haven’t gotten my records. Any one else have this issue?

Yes, read the last 2-3 pages of this thread.  Instructions on what to do:  check order status, email or call U2 membership office, etc.  Good luck

PS

We were told they would be shipped in February.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s obvious what happened here- a couple of thousand ticket touts with zero interest in U2 paid the subscription fee to get access to the presales for JT30 and Experience Tour..

These ‘members’ than sold their tickets at inflated prices and are now receiving their ‘gifts’.

Clearly U2.com did not anticipate this event........You also have to laugh at the preorder option for the new vinyl  reissues- as if anyone would be dumb enough to order them from Live Nation after the gift debacle.....I’m still waiting on mine,obviously!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, promenade95 said:

It’s obvious what happened here- a couple of thousand ticket touts with zero interest in U2 paid the subscription fee to get access to the presales for JT30 and Experience Tour..

These ‘members’ than sold their tickets at inflated prices and are now receiving their ‘gifts’.

Clearly U2.com did not anticipate this event........You also have to laugh at the preorder option for the new vinyl  reissues- as if anyone would be dumb enough to order them from Live Nation after the gift debacle.....I’m still waiting on mine,obviously!!

Agree. I am still waiting also. Emailed today though, after getting an email inviting me to preorder these reissues. This is beyond a joke now. Someone's having a laff!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...