Sign in to follow this  
gpmalecki

Ticketmaster Verified Fan program

Not sure if there is another post about this elsewhere, but has anybody read about this new program that Ticketmaster is implementing? I really hope that U2 does not go down this road as part of the "changes to pre-sales" that are coming.  

this will be the end of my subscription if this is true..it seems to be going down the road of...if you buy xxx copies of our album online or indeed official merchandise it gets you to the front of the pre sale queue ahead of say...an old fogey like myself who has had long term subscription commitment but does`nt really buy anything through official website...it s a sad day if it comes to this(and I think it will)  live nation and ticketmaster combining to screw more money out of fans in return you get to the front of the queue for presale concert tickets....this is after , of course , paying a yearly subscription already to said fansite for the very same privilege...it will finally put paid to this long standing urban myth that u2 have a "special relationship" with their fans 

• Like 1

Let's hope U2 will follow Bruce Springsteen's path where a person is verified as a genuine fan and ticket buyer and not to have us fans leap through hoops as Taylor Swift is making her followers do. From what I read, it seems most fans were upset at Bruce for the lottery and the price of ticket prices for his Broadway shows. Whereas Taylor Swift, she put her fans into Lucifer's hand. No fan should have to buy, buy, buy, and buy merchandise to boost their chances to get ahead of the queue when there is no guarantee in getting tickets. Materialism never ever buys love, friendship, or loyalty. It will be amazing to see how many fans continue to follower her after the Reputation tour. Oh, the irony. What reputation!!! The reputation to use fans to get ultra-wealthy. I feel sorry for her fans. Greed is becoming more contagious these days and dangerous. I hope, we all hope, U2 doesn't lose their senses and put us in Lucifer's hand.  Concerts are becoming harder to desire due the rising price of tickets, the stringent levels of security (especially ladies with those NFL rules), and now with Ticketmaster's prove your love to the artist/band you enjoy. Yes, I understand Ticketmaster's Verified Fan is supposed to stop scalping, but it dampens the fan's experience and enjoyment of artist/band. I have to jump how high to prove my loyalty and love. And if you don't have the money, cell phone, or both, well, sorry, you lose out. Today, having more money means you really, really love something more than someone with less money. Really? What is it with this the mentality in our world today regarding I am wealthy therefore I am entitled to everything in the world from concerts tickets to how many votes one can get due to the amount wealth one has in their bank accounts? What is going on? I’m sorry Gordon Gekko, greed isn’t good. And neither is Ticketmaster.

15 hours ago, lostsoul said:

Let's hope U2 will follow Bruce Springsteen's path where a person is verified as a genuine fan and ticket buyer and not to have us fans leap through hoops as Taylor Swift is making her followers do. From what I read, it seems most fans were upset at Bruce for the lottery and the price of ticket prices for his Broadway shows. Whereas Taylor Swift, she put her fans into Lucifer's hand. No fan should have to buy, buy, buy, and buy merchandise to boost their chances to get ahead of the queue when there is no guarantee in getting tickets. Materialism never ever buys love, friendship, or loyalty. It will be amazing to see how many fans continue to follower her after the Reputation tour. Oh, the irony. What reputation!!! The reputation to use fans to get ultra-wealthy. I feel sorry for her fans. Greed is becoming more contagious these days and dangerous. I hope, we all hope, U2 doesn't lose their senses and put us in Lucifer's hand.  Concerts are becoming harder to desire due the rising price of tickets, the stringent levels of security (especially ladies with those NFL rules), and now with Ticketmaster's prove your love to the artist/band you enjoy. Yes, I understand Ticketmaster's Verified Fan is supposed to stop scalping, but it dampens the fan's experience and enjoyment of artist/band. I have to jump how high to prove my loyalty and love. And if you don't have the money, cell phone, or both, well, sorry, you lose out. Today, having more money means you really, really love something more than someone with less money. Really? What is it with this the mentality in our world today regarding I am wealthy therefore I am entitled to everything in the world from concerts tickets to how many votes one can get due to the amount wealth one has in their bank accounts? What is going on? I’m sorry Gordon Gekko, greed isn’t good. And neither is Ticketmaster.

Totally ridiculous. Back in the day, when I worked at a record label, we called them "street teams"... Kids with too much time on their hands you could get to "leap through hoops" with free labor to market the band in exchange for a free ticket to the show and an autographed CD or poster.

The only difference is they GOT THE TICKET AND AUTOGRAPH "FREE" for their efforts. They didn't have to labor to "MAYBE" get a ticket...

I really hope U2 don't go this route at all and just leave things the way they are. I already have a feeling they'll be dropping on sale dates for Experience tour right at or just after Christmas as they have on last few tours. Great for the single fan with no kids or the wealthy folk they mingle with... but for us blue collar, middle aged, die hards that have been with them from the beginning and dropped a good chunk of our paychecks on them and are now putting kids through college and paying for weddings, there couldn't be a worse Christmas "gift" to drop on us this time of year. To add this insult, where we have to earn our way up the list for tickets... totally out of touch.

Ok. Old geezer getting off his soapbox.

Shall my score get higher with a donation to (RED), for example ?

(It would be coherent, wouldn't it?)

Or shall I better buy the silver pendant?

Second, is Larry aware of this money-making program?

I'd like to to think they are aware and this is a TicketMaster idea being pitched to artists... obviously Springsteen and Taylor Swift handled theirs differently. Personally, I have no issues with the way U2.com have handled pre-sales in the past  If it ain't broke, don't fix it. As monica martino mentioned, scalpers will always find a way, and since Ticketmaster basically has their own legal scalping, err, resale site they are getting a second cut of sales fees anyway, I can't see that issue going away anyway...

I really hope U2 don't go down this road.  Sadly i feel since the Live Nation deal it has been more and more about the money.

I mean look at the merchandise that went on sale yesterday,  €115 silver pendants.  Is that really necessary with Christmas and probably new tour announcements coming up?  I know no one is being forced to purchase but the question is being asked of them.

Did the band sell their soul or are they part of the money grab?

18 hours ago, EnjoyTheClaw said:

Shall my score get higher with a donation to (RED), for example ?

(It would be coherent, wouldn't it?)

Or shall I better buy the silver pendant?

Posted the same question to the support team and got this reply:

"We're sorry to inform you that we still do not have any information on how the verified fan presale will work or when it will start, if any will be available"

Not crear if "if any will be available" referers to presale or to the verified fan program.

Anyway, as reported by atU2 on twitter, Terms and Conditions for subscribers don't mention the verified fan thing any more, .

Anyway, as reported by atU2 on twitter, Terms and Conditions for subscribers don't mention the verified fan thing any more, .

This is good news, then, I s'pose...