U2songs.com today releases the message underneath. If I understand well there will apparently be a change for the presales. 

This worries me. The presales for a tour worked perfectly until now. Has U2.com more information about this?

"From the FNAC site...

When pre ordering the album you will later get a presale code for two tickets. These will be distributed the day of the presales (FNAC site says between January 1 and March 30) and it says that U2.Com members will have a chance to use their codes first.

This is a European chain, so the dates mentioned her probably refer to the European onsale dates and not the North American ones (which we are told will happen earlier.)

Looks like entry into the presales could be quite different this time out. Thanks to U2start.com and U2Valencia for their information about these offers."

ps: Fnac is a large French retail chain that sells amongst others cds, books and electronic products.

we'll get an inkling in about an hour I guess.   I'm sure the boards will be busy with clarifications etc after the announcement. 

1 hour ago, Malahide said:

U2songs.com today releases the message underneath. If I understand well there will apparently be a change for the presales. 

This worries me. The presales for a tour worked perfectly until now. Has U2.com more information about this?

all the info is here: http://www.u2.com/news/title/ticket-presales-subscribers-verified-fans

Does the account info page show the 'innocence' or 'experience' group option yet?

I don't see it on my page.  Or am I just dense/blind and not seeing it?

1 minute ago, tomschaedler said:

Does the account info page show the 'innocence' or 'experience' group option yet?

not on mine yet either.  I'm guessing that pages haven't been updated yet? 

20 minutes ago, 2000_man said:

So, we have to renew our subscription even though it doesn't expire in a few months?

If you want presales, yes.

Ugh this is bad news. None of these SMS presale codes ever end up going through to my phone. I am confused...If you pre-order the album do you get a pre-sale code (as @Malahide said) or don't you?

Just now, Tflyer90 said:

Ugh this is bad news. None of these SMS presale codes ever end up going through to my phone. I am confused...If you pre-order the album do you get a pre-sale code (as @Malahide said) or don't you?

This only applies for some countries in Europe, read below:

PRE-ORDER SONGS OF EXPERIENCE IN UK, IRELAND, GERMANY, FRANCE, SPAIN, PORTUGAL, DENMARK, ITALY, & HOLLAND 
Fans in these countries who pre-order the album by November 30th will have the chance to enter a presale to buy up to 2 tickets for the yet-to-be-announced 2018 shows in Europe. (You will receive a unique ticketing code, in early 2018. The presale will not open until 2018 and of course availability is while stock lasts. Please note: a code does not guarantee a ticket.)

• Thanks 1

Just now, zerokul175 said:

This only applies for some countries in Europe, read below:

PRE-ORDER SONGS OF EXPERIENCE IN UK, IRELAND, GERMANY, FRANCE, SPAIN, PORTUGAL, DENMARK, ITALY, & HOLLAND 
Fans in these countries who pre-order the album by November 30th will have the chance to enter a presale to buy up to 2 tickets for the yet-to-be-announced 2018 shows in Europe. (You will receive a unique ticketing code, in early 2018. The presale will not open until 2018 and of course availability is while stock lasts. Please note: a code does not guarantee a ticket.)

Thank you for the clarification, I guess I'll just hope for the best with the SMS code...

I'm a bit confused concerning the presale codes that come with the album pre-order. Do you only get the codes if you buy the album through the shop the link in the news send you to? I'd rather buy it via the u2.com shop, as there a packages with tshirts. Do you get a presale code for Europe if you buy these versions as well?

23 minutes ago, Bruni93 said:

I'm a bit confused concerning the presale codes that come with the album pre-order. Do you only get the codes if you buy the album through the shop the link in the news send you to? I'd rather buy it via the u2.com shop, as there a packages with tshirts. Do you get a presale code for Europe if you buy these versions as well?

the info from the main tour page::

VERIFIED FAN
In a new development designed to keep tickets out of the hands of scalpers and bots, North American tickets will be sold through Verified Fan.

BECOME A U2.COM VERIFIED SUBSCRIBER
As usual, U2.com Subscribers will be first in line with their own exclusive window when presales open. To be eligible for the U2.com Verified Subscriber presale, you must complete your account Setup by November 12. Current Subscribers, visit your Account to complete Setup.

REGISTER FOR THE U2 CITI PRESALE
Open to Citi cardmembers only. Registration closes November 14 @ 10PM PT. Presale begins November 16. Register here.

REGISTER FOR THE U2 ONSALE
Open to everyone. Registration closes November 18 @ 10PM PT. Tickets on sale November 20. Register here.

Please Note: Every ticket purchased will include one (1) copy of U2’s new album, "Songs of Experience”, to be released December 1, 2017. Be on the lookout for a separate email with instructions around how you can redeem your album(s). Prior to December 1, you will have the opportunity to pre-order one CD per ticket purchased. Once the digital album becomes available on December 1, fans will have the choice of either a CD or digital album at the time of redemption. One album per ticket. US/Canadian residents only. Not valid for Fan to Fan Resale.

The priority/"first in the line" is for U2.com verified subscribers...

Hi!  So excited the boys are coming back!  Do we have any idea about ticket maximums?  I have a u2.com subscription and a Citi card.  Will I be eligible to buy 2 tickets in each presale for a total of 4?

Thanks!

5 hours ago, tomschaedler said:

not yet published. Patience, it will appear on time...

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, hadilley said:

Hi!  So excited the boys are coming back!  Do we have any idea about ticket maximums?  I have a u2.com subscription and a Citi card.  Will I be eligible to buy 2 tickets in each presale for a total of 4?

Thanks!

It looks like the case, but will need confirmation on this... please keep checking periodically the site and the board for more on this...

yes i also have a citi credit card - looking forward to an answer on that.

35 minutes ago, Max Tsukino said:

It looks like the case, but will need confirmation on this... please keep checking periodically the site and the board for more on this...

assuming if so, would be best not to purchase tickets with subscriber presale with same Citi card would be using in Citi presale?

Ok so I am not sure I fully understand one part. My subscription doesn't expire until March of 2018. So does that mean that I have renew my subscription now in order to participate in this pre-sale? even though I have linked my TM account plus agreed to SMS terms etc.

I am not fully stressed over this yet, considering no Toronto date has been announced.....

So to become a verified fan you have to take out a new subscription or resub, even if you literally resubbed less than a week ago??? 

I thought they’d want to avoid scalpers getting pre-sales and those fans already subscribed, who have been subscribing for years and showing their loyalty,  would be able to get verified fan status using the subscription they have already paid for? This new way encourages scalpers to buy new subscriptions, get verified and well done guys because u2 lose lots of loyal fans because they expect them to get 2 subscriptions to have a chance at pre-sales?! Hilarious!! 13 years of subscribing... what a waste! 

1 minute ago, Sue1 said:

So to become a verified fan you have to take out a new subscription or resub, even if you literally resubbed less than a week ago??? 

awaiting an answer on this, 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, monica martino said:

link removed - mods

What is this for???? General regular open sale? We must register as well if we want to try to buy without code, out of presale??? 

IMG_20171102_003632.JPG

have removed that link til we get it checked monica

5 minutes ago, monica martino said:

look removed until verified, mods/

What is this for???? General regular open sale? We must register as well if we want to try to buy without code, out of presale??? 

IMG_20171102_003632.JPG

yes.  General public sales also requires a registration.  You may  get a code, you may not get a code.  You are not guaranteed a code by registering for general sale .