bigwave

U2.com 2018 Subscription FAQ Thread

More fun : i think you also have to register for the non U2 fanclub sale @ Ticketmaster.

So if you were planning to get more than tickets thru the regular sale , it looks like you have to register twice.

Since you have to choose the concert/date at registration , wonder what happens when they add more dates after tickets have gone on sale at a venue like they usually do in Montreal (ie tickets go on sale @ 10:00 AM for the June 5th date then @ 11:00 they announce they've added June 6th)

Luc

Can't say this is not an incredibly frustrating experience  all around. Been a looooong time member and just renewed my subscription late September.  I went onto the page and states I am not verified ? I never used the codes associated with the new subscription...

Just sent another 40$ after getting absolutely no where with phone calls to customer service. I was told no renewal, no codes!  I still have not received any gift from the last renewal.?  Seems like Ticketmaster / Live Nation are fleecing the fans again. I really want to believe the band has no idea this is going on but...

We are being told that they are doing this to keep tickets out of the hands of scalpers and bots? Who are they kidding? When Ticketmaster has a scalper resale site only to take another cut of an already sold ticket!  The fans get tickets they cannot trade, resale if plans changed since they purchased six months in advance , but the scalpers have tickets that can be resold without issue.

The verified fan issue is a slippery slope for the fans, the artists and TM just make a ton more !  Like the other "verified " artists, soon it will be another $40 renewal, plus purchase of the album,  and where in order to qualify for a chance , not a guarantee as they always state, we will also be told in order to increase chances for tickets ,  to buy multi copies of the album, tour items just to accumulate points to have a higher priority to get a ticket.?

As fans , we already buy fan club membership, we love to get items at the show, we spend tons of money already because we love the group. 

My wife is a fan of an artist that just changed over to,this "verified" fan access and went through the album purchase, bought a shirt, has been a fan club member. Received a presale code and was online right away. She only had opportunity to purchase tickets in the 200 level upper tiers!  Really? Immediately after the brokers had tons of lower level and "fan" tickets for sale. 

The U2 membership gave us codes to use for presales, if we want to spread this out for more than one show, will it let us? Only one code for one venue?  That is what happened to my wife. One code for one venue, that's it!  Most of us will go to a couple of shows and we spend tons of cash . I know we have no shows near us this tour and will do so. Now, we have to wait for a text that may not be received the morning of the sale. In the past , we had the codes safely tucked away in our profiles to be used as we liked .   Now , we will wait for a text message . What possibly could go wrong?

I love this this band like no other, we all do, but really am disillusioned with all the changes. 

Edited by kipk999
  • Like 5

8 hours ago, mksiggy75 said:

In my past VF experiences, you can (and should) register for each city you want to go to.  I received codes for 3 different cities  in one go-round.  You'll just need to pay attention to ticket limits and prioritize when actually buying the tickets.

since it doesn't ask for a city preference through the fan club/Ticketmaster linkup process, I'm assuming that fan club member codes will be usable st any show once tix go on (pre)sale for us.

the Citi presale seems to be running through the VF system where you need to register for each city you are interested in and will get a different code for each city you are "randomly" selected for.

as far as venues whose ticketing does not go through TM, you still sign up for Verified Fan through TM and get a code via text but you will actually purchase through whichever site/service that venue uses.

finally, keep in mind that fan club presale tix will likely be non-transferable like with JT2017, but Citi & general VF onsale will probably let you choose between paper & electronic tickets that you can later transfer.

Thanks- I didn’t realized in my past VF attempts I could register for more than one show since I have only gotten standby status, does the text with a code indicate which city/date the code is for? I assume so—so you can decide which to go for

I haven't seen this answered yet - but there used to be 2 fan groups (i forget the names - one gets presale day 1 and the other day 2).  I renewed, linked everything up with TM, but I can't for the life of me find out which group i'm in - it's nowhere to be found on the profile page.  What's up?

9 minutes ago, LdeC said:

More fun : i think you also have to register for the non U2 fanclub sale @ Ticketmaster.

So if you were planning to get more than tickets thru the regular sale , it looks like you have to register twice.

Since you have to choose the concert/date at registration , wonder what happens when they add more dates after tickets have gone on sale at a venue like they usually do in Montreal (ie tickets go on sale @ 10:00 AM for the June 5th date then @ 11:00 they announce they've added June 6th)

Luc

Just get ready for a very stressful week- and hope if you want regular on sale you get a code for at least one show and it works! If you get an email day before that says congrats you are on standby status- don’t be get your hopes up - you won’t ever get a code

3 hours ago, paulmaidment said:

Hi there. Could someone please clarify something for me. I'm a long term subscriber and will renew my current membership which expires in February. I'm also going to order the Deluxe version of SOE through U2.com. I want access to the European shows pre-sale. Do I understand right that I will receive pre-sale access by being a U2.com subscriber & I will also get access to the next their down pre-sale by buying the album? Thus I can buy 4 tickets? Thank you. Paul

Carefull ,only if you live in UK or Ireland, the Boxes offered  through U2.com will give you a presale code, if youlive outsieUK and Ireland, then you need to order through one of the other recources mentioned, but the latter do not offer the Super de Luxe extra packages, those are only available through the u2.com webshop...

5 minutes ago, Shaun said:

I haven't seen this answered yet - but there used to be 2 fan groups (i forget the names - one gets presale day 1 and the other day 2).  I renewed, linked everything up with TM, but I can't for the life of me find out which group i'm in - it's nowhere to be found on the profile page.  What's up?

I think I read somewhere here in the faq that there will be 2 groups - can someone confirm?

11 hours ago, sbeck said:

yeah thanks when I re-upped Sunday night in prep for tour announcement it wasn't/isn't there, and still isn't listed for me, and I dont expect it to be.

I would call CS on the HELP  page to see if they can adjust to he new offer when it is announced (if thats what you would like),. might work

14 hours ago, ballardmama said:

I’m unclear on Dan presale/Citi presale.  I verified/linked my u2.com fan club account today and see the green box saying I’m all set on my account page. So I plan/hope to get my 2 tickets during the presale. 

If if I have a Citibank card, can I also participate in that separate presale? I remember on the last tour that you could only get a certain # of presale tickets total and if you tried to get more your tickets would be cancelled. But is participating in the U2 fan club presale (2 tix) AND the Citibank (2 more  tix) presale allowed? They are two different presales but are all run through Ticketmaster so I don’t want to go over any maximum limit and get my tickets cancelled. I’m trying to follow the rules and don’t want anything cancelled. Thanks for the clarification. 

11 hours ago, dmway said:

So, you can't get a single ticket for two different shows?

yes

18 minutes ago, czhr10 said:

Carefull ,only if you live in UK or Ireland, the Boxes offered  through U2.com will give you a presale code, if youlive outsieUK and Ireland, then you need to order through one of the other recources mentioned, but the latter do not offer the Super de Luxe extra packages, those are only available through the u2.com webshop...

This is the question I have been asking but no real answer. 

11 hours ago, fanz8 said:

I'm curious about a couple of things...I scrolled through several pages and did not see these questions so asking...

1) I notice my membership date is off by about 5 years (should be 2004 but is 2009)...seems like there was something about this when they changed their system years ago but wondering if I should contact them

2) With this new system, do we lose our seniority from years past? I have been trying to subscribe all day (was to expire March '18) and kept getting Gateway error messages but finally was able to get my accounts verified...just wondering about the seniority that I had and if now I'm behind newbies that might have been able to be verified earlier today.

Thanks, can't wait to see them in my hometown without the travel I've had to do of tours past. :) 

1. Earliest date showing for anyone on this system is 2009 

2. If your subscription has never lapsed you will still retain most senior group

20 minutes ago, nitz1 said:

I think I read somewhere here in the faq that there will be 2 groups - can someone confirm?

Yes.   Experience member before Dec 2016 (can't remember which day, the 31st?)  Innocence group- member after Dec 2016.  Has not been updated on your account page yet. 

52 minutes ago, Ronan20 said:

"Verified Fan" and "Verified Subscriber" are these both the same thing?

No.  Verified Fan is free and is a lottery for the 11/20 onsale date.  No guarantee of getting a code for ticket sales.  Verified Subscriber is for U2.com paid members, and a 2018 membership purchase includes a presale code for the presale on 11/14.

16 minutes ago, colincooper said:

What Is citi

Citibank. They have some sort of sponsorship deal with this tour. You are eligible for this part of the lottery for pre-sale codes/tickets if you have a credit card issued by Citibank. You will have to use a Citibank issued credit card to purchase those tickets.

I did not get a single email from U2 about this tour.   I find that odd - they seem to always email me a lot.   Did anyone get emails?

51 minutes ago, Shaun said:

From the FAQs:

How do I know what priority Presale group I’m in?
There are two Subscriber Presale groups participating in these Presales. Please refer to your U2.com Subscriber profile for more details on your designated Presale group and time.

The eXPERIENCE Group of longtime Subscribers are members who were current, paid Subscribers on December 24, 2016 and have maintained their paid status without lapsing. These Subscribers will have access on the first day of the Verified Subscriber Presale and will use a Presale access code to unlock ticket inventory. The codes will use the prefix: U18A followed by a unique (x) digit access code.

The iNNOCENCE Group are Subscribers who joined or upgraded an expired account after December 25, 2016. These Subscribers will have access on the second day of the Verified Subscriber Presale and will use a Presale access code to unlock ticket inventory. The codes will use the prefix: U18B followed by a unique (x) digit access code.

4 minutes ago, jimmerpro said:

I did not get a single email from U2 about this tour.   I find that odd - they seem to always email me a lot.   Did anyone get emails?

No email has been sent out yet.

• Like 1

I renewed and followed all steps. Still showed Setup Incomplete.  Logged off. 

This morning is in green and is complete. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Renewed my subscription for $40 on August 1,6, 2017. Yet being told at my account page that I have to subscribe AGAIN to have access to U2.com presale. Does not make any sense .I have to pay twice to get access to the presale?

(And by the way, never got the Joshua Tree vinyl that was promised..)

Does Ticketmaster.com or Live Nation ever beta test this stuff? Why is it always this painful?

1 minute ago, clarkbeforethedawn said:

Renewed my subscription for $40 on August 1,6, 2017. Yet being told at my account page that I have to subscribe AGAIN to have access to U2.com presale. Does not make any sense .I have to pay twice to get access to the presale?

(And by the way, never got the Joshua Tree vinyl that was promised..)

Does Ticketmaster.com or Live Nation ever beta test this stuff? Why is it always this painful?

Please contact Customer Service via the Help Page about this.

Re: the vinyl, it has not shipped out yet. Expected shipping in December.

1 hour ago, kipk999 said:

Can't say this is not an incredibly frustrating experience  all around. Been a looooong time member and just renewed my subscription late September.  I went onto the page and states I am not verified ? I never used the codes associated with the new subscription...

Just sent another 40$ after getting absolutely no where with phone calls to customer service. I was told no renewal, no codes!  I still have not received any gift from the last renewal.?  Seems like Ticketmaster / Live Nation are fleecing the fans again. I really want to believe the band has no idea this is going on but...

We are being told that they are doing this to keep tickets out of the hands of scalpers and bots? Who are they kidding? When Ticketmaster has a scalper resale site only to take another cut of an already sold ticket!  The fans get tickets they cannot trade, resale if plans changed since they purchased six months in advance , but the scalpers have tickets that can be resold without issue.

The verified fan issue is a slippery slope for the fans, the artists and TM just make a ton more !  Like the other "verified " artists, soon it will be another $40 renewal, plus purchase of the album,  and where in order to qualify for a chance , not a guarantee as they always state, we will also be told in order to increase chances for tickets ,  to buy multi copies of the album, tour items just to accumulate points to have a higher priority to get a ticket.?

As fans , we already buy fan club membership, we love to get items at the show, we spend tons of money already because we love the group. 

My wife is a fan of an artist that just changed over to,this "verified" fan access and went through the album purchase, bought a shirt, has been a fan club member. Received a presale code and was online right away. She only had opportunity to purchase tickets in the 200 level upper tiers!  Really? Immediately after the brokers had tons of lower level and "fan" tickets for sale. 

The U2 membership gave us codes to use for presales, if we want to spread this out for more than one show, will it let us? Only one code for one venue?  That is what happened to my wife. One code for one venue, that's it!  Most of us will go to a couple of shows and we spend tons of cash . I know we have no shows near us this tour and will do so. Now, we have to wait for a text that may not be received the morning of the sale. In the past , we had the codes safely tucked away in our profiles to be used as we liked .   Now , we will wait for a text message . What possibly could go wrong?

I love this this band like no other, we all do, but really am disillusioned with all the changes. 

Great post.  I reupped on Oct 29th.  So they take my $40 and what I get nothing?  I know I won't and will cancel via the CC.  you should have NEVER given them another $40.  Period.

I will do what Bigwave said, all, AGAIN, and say manually set some value to a 2018 sub gift and call it a day.  I mean technically it isn't hard.  This is like Capt America - Winder SOldier.  The "good guys" have an algo "robot" to kill the "bad guys".  Who is to say the scalpers, who they know, get all the stuff.  I can see how the fans can be ID's and then discriminated against.  not saying that is happening, but like someone else posted on page 4, they have a monopoly and are flaunting it.

• Like 1