bigwave

U2.com 2018 Subscription FAQ Thread

Just now, Vienis said:

Now I am confused.

If you are wanting to purchase for a US show.

So, just to make sure I have this right... Current sub is due to run out in August next year, but if I want access to next tour presale I have to renew again even though there is no news on how the European side of things is going to work? 

Do I also need to pre order the album or is that a different presale experience for all of this craic? 

It's my birthday and the band officially announces the album and tour!!!!

EVEN BETTER...they're finally coming back to Atlanta!!!

Now for the question... the venue they're playing in Atlanta does tickets through AXS...not Ticketmaster.  I just got myself fully verified through ticketmaster...BUT...will I need to do something additional through AXS in order to do the Atlanta presale in a couple of weeks? 

I'm in Europe with a 2017 subscription valid until March 2018 and only used 2 of my 4 ticket allocation for the JT tour. Can I use my current subscription for e+I tour presales or would I need to renew?

I was subbed until Dec 2018 but I had to resub for the fan verification to be completed, which it is now.  

But I can't see on my accounts page how long I'm subbed for, should be to Dec 2019 now. Doesn't seem right to be subbed that long. 

3 minutes ago, danknapp said:

It's my birthday and the band officially announces the album and tour!!!!

EVEN BETTER...they're finally coming back to Atlanta!!!

Now for the question... the venue they're playing in Atlanta does tickets through AXS...not Ticketmaster.  I just got myself fully verified through ticketmaster...BUT...will I need to do something additional through AXS in order to do the Atlanta presale in a couple of weeks? 

Looks like you are good for now, if you are verified.  https://www.infiniteenergycenter.com/events/detail/u2

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, angelstorm13 said:

I'm in Europe with a 2017 subscription valid until March 2018 and only used 2 of my 4 ticket allocation for the JT tour. Can I use my current subscription for e+I tour presales or would I need to renew?

you would need to resub http://www.u2.com/help

Screen Shot 2017-11-01 at 17.52.20.png

6 minutes ago, utwothefly said:

I was subbed until Dec 2018 but I had to resub for the fan verification to be completed, which it is now.  

But I can't see on my accounts page how long I'm subbed for, should be to Dec 2019 now. Doesn't seem right to be subbed that long. 

I think this is being worked on..

• Like 1
  • Brilliant 1

All set up, easy peasy for me. It did take a minute or so for the green verification to show up. 

Now to decide what show I’m traveling to... I can only do one 🤔

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bigwave said:

you would need to resub http://www.u2.com/help

Screen Shot 2017-11-01 at 17.52.20.png

But as an European fan do we have to do it now or wait - I guess all the info right now (and the November deadline) is for US, right?

Edited by wenmir
spelling
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, wenmir said:

But as an European fan do we have to do it now or wait - I guess all the info right now (and the November deadline) is for US, right?

as yet, only US details known.. 

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Severine77 said:

I renew two month ago I don't want to renew now !! I'm in Europe and I plan to go to The US 

Severine I have same problem. I think that this is not fair :-(

3 minutes ago, bigwave said:

as yet, only US details known.. 

Can you sign up for the fan club presale and the citi presale? I know fan club limits you to 2 tickets. I need 3. Was wanting to get 2 in fan club presale and then 1 in citi presale.

Just now, 2000_man said:

Can you sign up for the fan club presale and the citi presale? I know fan club limits you to 2 tickets. I need 3. Was wanting to get 2 in fan club presale and then 1 in citi presale.

asking about that now.. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ivetahrickova said:

Severine I have same problem. I think that this is not fair :-(

I won't renew , i'm fed up with all this system 

Hi BigJohn, I met you in Dublin with Aaron and the gang at Hotpress exhibit. No matter what I do, my mobile phone number will not be accepted.

Thanks, Valerie. (older than you person)

I had to renew, but it makes sense with the JT tour pre-sales I guess.  Still psyched in any case.  I had to log out and log in for the update to register for me.

5 minutes ago, 2000_man said:

Let's wait for an update... in the meantime, this is the info from the FAQ:

Is the Verified Subscriber presale/registration the same as the Verified Fan or Verified Citi?
No, Verified Subscriber presale is for U2.com Subscribers ONLY. Verified Citi is exclusive to Citi card holders. Ticketmaster Verified Fan is also unique, and is open to the public to register free of charge. Verified U2.com Subscribers will have first access to tickets.

According to the detail in the renewing of subscription,12 months will be added to the end of your current subscription.Mine ,like a fair few from the lateness of details in late 2016 when they tagged on an extra month because no one knew what was happening,ends in Feb 2018.But seeing as this 12th Nov deadline to verify is for North America,as far as I'm concerned it doesn't apply to me at this stage.When Europe is announced then I'll renew & verify with Ticketmaster dot co dot uk,and it does mention that too in the FAQ's.That's my understanding as I see things.

Edited by gmc

1 hour ago, bonoeire said:

Has anyone else had a problem at the Fan Validation page?  I successfully linked ticketmaster, but even after renewing subscription (which actually was not expiring until april), I still do not have the subscription line unlocked.  As a result, I still have the red incomplete message.  

Any suggestions?

I had to go to my phone and renew on the mobile site.  It wouldn't add a subscription to my cart any other way. 

How Many Tickets can I buy? What is the ticket limit?
Verified U2.com Subscriber can purchase 2 tickets for any U2eiTour show(s)

I used my 2017 subscription code in The Joshua Tree Tour, if I renew for 2018 and use my subscriber code to buy 2 tickets in a Europe Leg for example, I couldn’t use it in a hypothetical South American leg?

1 minute ago, SAYDEE said:

I used my 2017 subscription code in The Joshua Tree Tour, if I renew for 2018 and use my subscriber code to buy 2 tickets in a Europe Leg for example, I couldn’t use it in a hypothetical South American leg?f

from the FAQ: