bigwave

U2.com 2018 Subscription FAQ Thread

I wanted to renew my subscription, just to be sure because it expires 31st of Januari in 2018. But it already says Im verified and im in the eXPERIENCE group without renewing... 

When is a fan not a fan ?

When they don't have a mobile

I've been a paid up fan since the WAR years and because I don't have a mobile I can't be a Verified Fan

Thanks LIVENATION/TICKETMASTER

• Like 1

1 minute ago, datbear said:

I've been a paid up fan since the WAR years and because I don't have a mobile I can't be a Verified Fan

Yeah that S***s ...

Scalpers got All The Technologies and Already Knows How to Get Tickets ... I Really think that the new rules will change Anything for them.

7 minutes ago, datbear said:

Can you not use the mobile number of a family member maybe?

20 minutes ago, jenmusic said:

I wanted to renew my subscription, just to be sure because it expires 31st of Januari in 2018. But it already says Im verified and im in the eXPERIENCE group without renewing... 

Hi Jen, same here for me.  My account now doesn't mention anything about renewing anymore. I'm also verified and eXPERIENCE group without renewing.  Still I'm not sure what to do now.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jo Van de Vreken said:

Hi Jen, same here for me.  My account now doesn't mention anything about renewing anymore. I'm also verified and eXPERIENCE group without renewing.  Still I'm not sure what to do now.

Yes so annoying! because the day the tour got announced it said on my account page that I had to renew as well, I waited because it was so busy on the website... but now it completely disappeared from my Accountinfo page... dont know what to do either, it is all so unclear...

5 minutes ago, jenmusic said:

Yes so annoying! because the day the tour got announced it said on my account page that I had to renew as well, I waited because it was so busy on the website... but now it completely disappeared from my Accountinfo page... dont know what to do either, it is all so unclear...

Same here. Also till 31 Jan. I guess it's okay now. My son's mebership ended 6 Jan and he had to renew, so we did. Maybe Europe presales between 6 Jan and 31 Jan????

5 minutes ago, Geoffrey_Holland said:

Same here. Also till 31 Jan. I guess it's okay now. My son's mebership ended 6 Jan and he had to renew, so we did. Maybe Europe presales between 6 Jan and 31 Jan????

maybe who knows, but I definitely know I used my presale codes for the Joshua Tree tour so I shouldn't be eligible for this presale at all... 

I too had seen on the 11/1 that there was a link to renew on myAccount page, just like the instructions for becoming Verified fan said.  But that renew link is now gone and I am not sure if I should first renew and only then start the process to link TM account, etc.   Can any mods clarify what we should do, please..

Well folks - I went ahead and renewed anyway.   Good luck to us all - not very confident TM will get this all right with SMS texts the night before the presale!

48 minutes ago, kbhatt said:

Well folks - I went ahead and renewed anyway.   Good luck to us all - not very confident TM will get this all right with SMS texts the night before the presale!

How did you renew without the renewal button? Or am I missing something ?

This is so confusing. You're saying to connect to the TM American account if you're European and only want to go to European shows "just to be sure", but can't give anything firmer than that. That doesn't really reassure me.

squint.jpeg

• Brilliant 1

On 11/3/2017 at 12:18 PM, Max Tsukino said:

That's something that is being ironed out - it's our understanding that this should be corrected by the weekend. Please keep checking the board and your account in the upcoming days...

Thanks!  As of today I'm verified and now have a priority group so hopefully I'm all good!

57 minutes ago, David Roberts said:

I’m only classed as innocence as I let my previous sub expire by a couple of days. Can I resubscribe and upgrade to experience?

No... resubscribing won't affect the group assigned...

17 minutes ago, gringo said:

This is so confusing. You're saying to connect to the TM American account if you're European and only want to go to European shows "just to be sure", but can't give anything firmer than that. That doesn't really reassure me.

with the info given, decide...

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, stefandrew said:

What determines which group you are a part of?

From the FAQ:

How do I know what priority Presale group I’m in?
There are two Subscriber Presale groups participating in these Presales. Please refer to your U2.com Subscriber profile for more details on your designated Presale group and time.

The eXPERIENCE Group of longtime Subscribers are members who were current, paid Subscribers on December 24, 2016 and have maintained their paid status without lapsing. These Subscribers will have access on the first day of the Verified Subscriber Presale and will use a Presale access code to unlock ticket inventory. The codes will use the prefix: U18A followed by a unique (x) digit access code.

The iNNOCENCE Group are Subscribers who joined or upgraded an expired account after December 25, 2016. These Subscribers will have access on the second day of the Verified Subscriber Presale and will use a Presale access code to unlock ticket inventory. The codes will use the prefix: U18B followed by a unique (x) digit access code.

• Like 1

Ok. Same dates as Joshua Tree groups. Just didn’t know if they moved the dates since it’s a new tour...

and thanks for the quick replies. 

Edited by stefandrew

Can someone official please clarify........Do we link to Ticketmaster USA even if we only want shows in the UK/Europe?  Please don't tell me to take a lucky guess........whoever runs this website should state CLEARLY what European fans should do on our account page, or MODS should be able to find out correct information and make an official post.  Suppose we link now to Ticketmaster now because it states we need to before the 12th to get verified and get a pre sales code for a USA show and we don't use it.....and then next month, we are told that to be able to get UK pre-sales, we have to link to our Ticketmaster UK accounts to get our pre-sales code, yet we would already have one?1 Its al so confusing!  All we want to know if.......if we don't plan on attending a USA show, should we wait for UK dates and then link to Ticketmaster UK 

• Like 2
  • Brilliant 1

9 hours ago, monica martino said:

I think people renewed because was written on account page as one of the three step to have set up complete 

Due totechnical problems maybe  the system didn't recognise immediately who was already ok http://www.u2.com/verified_terms

Still need  to understand if not using code for Usa and Canada will make us eligible to use the same code for Europe and rest of the world, we'll receive a new one or at this stage is better not to be connected to TM usa and hence not having set up complete 

26 minutes ago, Sue1 said:

Can someone official please clarify........Do we link to Ticketmaster USA even if we only want shows in the UK/Europe?  Please don't tell me to take a lucky guess........whoever runs this website should state CLEARLY what European fans should do on our account page, or MODS should be able to find out correct information and make an official post.  Suppose we link now to Ticketmaster now because it states we need to before the 12th to get verified and get a pre sales code for a USA show and we don't use it.....and then next month, we are told that to be able to get UK pre-sales, we have to link to our Ticketmaster UK accounts to get our pre-sales code, yet we would already have one?1 Its al so confusing!  All we want to know if.......if we don't plan on attending a USA show, should we wait for UK dates and then link to Ticketmaster UK 

I completely agree with both.. I thank the mods for all their efforts and patience, but I'm in any case worried and the management should help mods and users to sort it out. I think the best option is not to link to TM USA, I'm worried the US code will not anymore valid for the European presales.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, lauretta1979 said:

I completely agree with both.. I thank the mods for all their efforts and patience, but I'm in any case worried and the management should help mods and users to sort it out. I think the best option is not to link to TM USA, I'm worried the US code will not anymore valid for the European presales.

I was reading unclear advice from the Mods so I thought it best to contact support directly and receive and answer from them...for clarity, but also to have a response in writing from U2.com Support that I can use if there's a problem ahead.

And please don't read this as some sort of implied critique of the work the Mods are doing. In the end, I just think if we are in doubt then it's best to go directly to U2.com support unless it is covered in the official FAQs.

Edited by peterdiaz

9 hours ago, jenmusic said:

Same with me. I expect a code for USA!

2 hours ago, Max Tsukino said:

with the info given, decide...

The problem is Max, as much as everyone appreciates what you mods do, and I understand that you guys are obviously not getting clear information as I'm pretty sure if you did, then you would have a clear answer for us all.  But as it is, you can't clarify what the correct procedure is and our concern is that if we link to USA TM now, as soon as the Europe pre-sales are out, it could cause problems down the line as a whole bunch of Europeans will be linked to ticketmaster USA, with an unused code that could end up being useless when we have to link to ticketmaster in our own country!.....which would be even more of a headache than we already have!!!!  So maybe u2.com need to provide us with clear instructions because 

• Like 2