bigwave

U2.com 2018 Subscription FAQ Thread

Just now, Sue1 said:

The problem is Max, as much as everyone appreciates what you mods do, and I understand that you guys are obviously not getting clear information as I'm pretty sure if you did, then you would have a clear answer for us all.  But as it is, you can't clarify what the correct procedure is and our concern is that if we link to USA TM now, as soon as the Europe pre-sales are out, it could cause problems down the line as a whole bunch of Europeans will be linked to ticketmaster USA, with an unused code that could end up being useless when we have to link to ticketmaster in our own country!.....which would be even more of a headache than we already have!!!!  So maybe u2.com need to provide us with clear instructions because 

it can be unlinked if needed...

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Max Tsukino said:

And if it's unlinked, it can easily be linked to another TM account?  And we wont lose verification?  Damn, I feel for you guys......I know you are trying to help us all, and its clear you're not getting straight answers either! ;) 

8 minutes ago, Sue1 said:

And if it's unlinked, it can easily be linked to another TM account?  And we wont lose verification?  Damn, I feel for you guys......I know you are trying to help us all, and its clear you're not getting straight answers either! ;) 

Maybe since we have a week left before the cut off for the US presales, waiting for a few more days if you aren’t comfortable with doing it. 

• Like 1

On 11/3/2017 at 3:03 PM, leon77 said:

renew a memebership that expires next year to buy tickets to ANOTHER DIFFERENT TOUR THAT THE JOSHUA TREE TOUR... thats a fraud

Leon did you but tix to Joshua Tree using your pre sale codes? If so it's not fraud at all. You were entitled to one set of codes with your subscription. If you used it great if not you can still use it for E & I. No one is demanding that you resubscribe, you only need to if you want to take part in the presale. 

15 minutes ago, Sue1 said:

We (in this case fan community and us) have to work with what we have... info has been asked, some of it has been provided, some of it may arrive later...

The verification in this stage is for the US/CA presale... so far there isn't any indication that it will "hurt" doing it and then unlinking it for when the EU presale starts. And there isn't any indication if there will be any effect if you decide to take action until the EU presale, which more than likely will have its own steps.

The only thing that is for sure is that you will need to keep checking periodically your profile, the site and the board for more information as the presale date approaches...

As Mich suggests, take time to see what you want to do... you don't have to do things right now.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Max Tsukino said:

need to keep checking periodically your profile,

Thanks Max and Mich, you are right, no rush, we still have a week to see if anything changes......and THEN panic :D 

1 minute ago, Sue1 said:

Thanks Max and Mich, you are right, no rush, we still have a week to see if anything changes......and THEN panic :D 

If you are only doing EU dates, I suggest to observe the US/CA presales and take notes... it may be helpful in the future and will help to minimize the panic...

• Like 1

I have just renewed the subscription and checked ticketmaster but but but I am going only to EU gigs. Should I disconnect from ticketmaster USA?

Will I  have problems when EU pre sale starts???

thanks

Let me try to answer a question and ask one:

1. Verified Fan will not be used in Europe. It can't be. European competition law prohibits the type of monopoly tie ins ticketing companies have with venues in the States.  I don't know what they are going to do, but it won't be Verified Fan so I wouldn't worry so much about these things if you are a Euro wanting to see Euro shows.

2. The question: The magic UK 0. When you put in your number in the fan club verified site without a 0 it adds it. In the general verified site it does not. Any guess whether we should use it there?

This is important. In the first round of the Springsteen sales there were verified fans promised a code but did not receive it because of this issue.

Please, someone in administration here...get TM to clarify this, explaining that this was a cock up publicised in a Wall Street Journal story on the Springsteen sale. WE need an accurate answer, not a call centre answer.

Thanks

Edited by Turkued

I've set up as a verified user. I'm a uk citizen and will only plan on attending European tour dates. I'm thinking that it should be a straightforward process to unlink and re-link if required to. That said, as Max says, it will be important to see what info comes along.

I would only ask that future info on European dates includes info that tells fans who have linked to the current 'setup complete'  - have clear 'next steps' information so as not to jeopardise their pre-sale opportunity for these shows when they are announced. 

• Brilliant 1

This may have already been discussed but thought I would ask anyway.  I see on my account page that I am in the innocence group, but don't see a code. Will there be codes this time around or is the fact that I see I am part of the innocence group mean I can try for tickets.  When I bought 2 tix for JT tour in Chicago I joined the fanclub again (that I had let lapse), and I only used 2 tickets. I thought the membership was good for 4.  I had a code this last Fall and got into all other JT presales for the last leg, but did not purchase any tickets. I think I still have 2 tix remaining unless they are wiping the slate clean for the new tour?  Anybody have any insight?  Thanks.

You will receive the code by txt message on the morning of the presale 

This might help http://www.u2.com/help

Plusthe 21 pages of this thread :P

Edited by monica martino

Replying to JENMUSICs question.  For renewing your subscription: go to the News section and you’ll see an article on 2018 Subscriptions.  There’s a link in there to renew.  BTW, once I renewed, I logged out and logged back in. That’s when My Account info page was refreshed with my new subscription end date.  

Hello has anybody had trouble pre ordering the deluxe cd I'm from uk and it won't let me checkout 

Okay so I'm confused... I know everyone is saying you need to renew your membership to be able to be validated for the sale but my expiration Is not until January and my presale status says complete. Should I just renew anyways to be safe? I'm just curious if this happened to anyone else? Also does anyone have info on the time of the presale? I'm in the innocence group which I believe is in the Nov. 15th group. I'm just curious on the time the presale takes place... And lastly I have been paying for general admission these past tours what is the apx. Price of red zone tickets? I would very much appreciate the help fellow fans! ?

9 hours ago, Turkued said:

Let me try to answer a question and ask one:

2. The question: The magic UK 0. When you put in your number in the fan club verified site without a 0 it adds it. In the general verified site it does not. Any guess whether we should use it there?

This is important. In the first round of the Springsteen sales there were verified fans promised a code but did not receive it because of this issue.

Please, someone in administration here...get TM to clarify this, explaining that this was a cock up publicised in a Wall Street Journal story on the Springsteen sale. WE need an accurate answer, not a call centre answer.

Thanks

@Bigwave

@Max 

THIS IS IMPORTANT!

You have to forward that to Live Nation and Ticketmaster and webmaster u2.com    

u2.com must not automatically add that 0 to everyone's cell phone number.

Thanks!

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, spacko said:

@Bigwave

@Max 

THIS IS IMPORTANT!

You have to forward that to Live Nation and Ticketmaster and webmaster u2.com    

u2.com must not automatically add that 0 to everyone's cell phone number.

Thanks!

Same problem with Belgian cellphone numbers: 0 is automatically added.  This is not correct.

14 hours ago, Max Tsukino said:

But I read that in case a code is not reaching the member because of the member's mistake the code is forfeit.

I'm really worried, still. As it read "every subscriber MUST" complete the setup I did, too. I don't want to travel to USA nor Canada. I contacted u2.com-support but haven't received the answer whether the code will be valid for Europe or there's a new code as long as the US/CAN-code is unused, nor whether I can disconnect with ticketmaster.com without risking that the code for me will be forfeit because of the disconnection made by me. So I'm not doining it and stillö wait for a straight information from u2.com-support on this matter...fingers crossed

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, yardie said:

I've set up as a verified user. I'm a uk citizen and will only plan on attending European tour dates. I'm thinking that it should be a straightforward process to unlink and re-link if required to. That said, as Max says, it will be important to see what info comes along.

I would only ask that future info on European dates includes info that tells fans who have linked to the current 'setup complete'  - have clear 'next steps' information so as not to jeopardise their pre-sale opportunity for these shows when they are announced. 

Same question I have.

I really hope that u2.com issues a FAQ for what to do if you completed setup (incl sms-messaging and ticketmaster.com-connection) but don't want to buy US/CAN-tickets.

As I read something about "all subscribers MUST" and the possibility to forfeit-your-code (see my post above). I'm really worried!

I’m going to wait a few days but am generally assuming that if we didn’t have to follow those steps then they wouldn’t have appeared in our profiles or that there would have been some distinction bewteen U.K./U.S. - tho it isn’t entirely clear in the way it is written. Personally I will err on the side of caution and resub as that definitely seems to be the main criteria for presale eligibility even if there’s is a code connected to purchasing the album - I expect it’s the resub here that will prioritise U2 fans.

Be patient peeps, at the end of the day until there is clarification we can only assume, there is just no way of knowing for sure - tho it’s frustrating but that’s u2, keep ‘em guessing ;)

I'm not worried. If U2 / Ticketmaster mess up for the European leg of the tour, I'll just cancel my membership.I have better things to be spending my money on than trying to facilitate corporate entities  who just seem to hold fans in contempt. (Rant over)

I understand people’s reactions to TM and big corporation rules and T&C’s but I was really interested to read an article posted on the @u2 site giving some explanation as to why the situation came about and while I am wary of big corporations myself I do genuinely believe that U2 have protection of their fans best interests at heart.

extract source https://www.atu2.com/news/sorting-through-u2-experience--innocence-tour-ticket-presales.html

Ultimately, we have people like Ken Lowson to thank for where we are today with the Verified Fan system. He “broke” Ticketmaster through his BOT technology. Jason Koebler’s article on Vice.com goes into detail about how Lowson built the scalping market by buying blocks of tickets for artists. For the Vertigo tour, Lowson was able to buy 500 of the fan club GA tickets for each show on that tour.

Since then, U2 has taken steps with each tour to figure out a better solution for allocating fan club tickets as well as keeping fake tickets off the market. The compromise that Verified Fan offers seems like the best solution at this time..”

• Like 1