bigwave

U2.com 2018 Subscription FAQ Thread

I'll trust that that is the reason when I will see not a single ticket on "official" secondary ticketing sites because those people are not fans selling to fans, they're simply scalpers 

16 hours ago, lauretta1979 said:

I completely agree with both.. I thank the mods for all their efforts and patience, but I'm in any case worried and the management should help mods and users to sort it out. I think the best option is not to link to TM USA, I'm worried the US code will not anymore valid for the European presales.

i feel the same, i left my TM for now.

IT TOOK JUST minutes for U2′s Joshua Tree 30th anniversary gig in Croke Park to sell out. However within an hour of tickets going on sale, advertisements for tickets appeared on reselling website Stubhub.co.uk, with the most expensive standing ticket going for £1,000 (€1,137.50). Seatwave, a reselling website owned by Ticketmaster, was listing tickets at an average price of €299.43. The highest price for an individual standing ticket was €800, more than €720 greater than the original price. Just how are the fans being protected??

Like a number of people on here I am a bit worried about the mobile telephone number issue linked to the TM for the verified fan set-up. I am in the UK hence my mobile number starts with a '0'. I am in the Experience priority group and am hoping to get tickets for a US gig. However, I don't want to be in the position of not receiving my text and, therefore, no pre-sale code, because TM can't get their act together and work out that they need to drop the '0' after adding the +44 prefix.

i know the Mods on here do a great job, for which we are all grateful, but can they please clarify this position for us all? Thank you.

32 minutes ago, Ronan20 said:

IT TOOK JUST minutes for U2′s Joshua Tree 30th anniversary gig in Croke Park to sell out. However within an hour of tickets going on sale, advertisements for tickets appeared on reselling website Stubhub.co.uk, with the most expensive standing ticket going for £1,000 (€1,137.50). Seatwave, a reselling website owned by Ticketmaster, was listing tickets at an average price of €299.43. The highest price for an individual standing ticket was €800, more than €720 greater than the original price. Just how are the fans being protected??

I am pretty sure that the situation you cite is the exact reason why the changes are being made. My daughter adores Ed Sheeran and I can tell you that despite doing everything right (being signed out, credit card info prepped etc), I had zero success last March getting her tickets from Verified presale for the shows this past summer - but my husband found us tickets for a US show at three times the price. Having said that, I also know that I screwed up the first time I did it and was not on the proper TM link for Verified presale. However, Sheeran used the same system for presale this year a few weeks ago...and I am now Mother of the Year because my kid and her three besties from her sorority are headed to the show next August in the 23rd row. My point is, I think they are really trying to find ways to protect fans from the scalpers, and that is all they can do. Every time new technology is created for security purposes, someone finds a way around it. It is like in my business... I can do everything I know how to protect myself, but if people really want to steal from me, they will find a way.

13 hours ago, bschwarb said:

This may have already been discussed but thought I would ask anyway.  I see on my account page that I am in the innocence group, but don't see a code. Will there be codes this time around or is the fact that I see I am part of the innocence group mean I can try for tickets.  When I bought 2 tix for JT tour in Chicago I joined the fanclub again (that I had let lapse), and I only used 2 tickets. I thought the membership was good for 4.  I had a code this last Fall and got into all other JT presales for the last leg, but did not purchase any tickets. I think I still have 2 tix remaining unless they are wiping the slate clean for the new tour?  Anybody have any insight?  Thanks.

Codes will be sent to you the day of your presale by text.  (So do not expect to get codes the day of the Experience sale you will get them the next day just before in innocence starts). 

Codes are only good for the individual tour they were given for, they don't carry over.  You can not use a JT code for this one, it will be wiped out.  

On 01/11/2017 at 6:38 PM, bigwave said:

you would need to resub http://www.u2.com/help

Screen Shot 2017-11-01 at 17.52.20.png

Hi Big Wave

finding it hard to follow logic in the statement and not sure it is factually correct. 

My subscription runs until end March 2018. I purchased my JT tickets using pre sale code that I got issued as part of 2016/17 subscription. That was January 2017. Since then I have renewed in March but not purchased any further tickets. The renewal at the time stated that it would allow me access to pre sale for any future tour dates announced - nothing specific re JT only. 

On that basis I would say that I don't need to renew at this moment in time as not purchased any tickets during my current subscription.

i would say the U2.com statement is misleading stating that you have to renew if you purchased tickets for JT17. It needs re-wording to clarify this only applies where used pre sale code during current subscription. Renewals since last purchase should qualify for future pre sale code. Otherwise U2.com risks being in breach of terms of renewal.

good to see you back and busy!

emmo

You're in my same situation 

Ididn't renew, I just connected to TM Usa and accepted to receive txt messages and my set up is complete

Just waiting for clarification if being interested only in yet to be announced european /rest of the world shows we can disconnect from tm or being connected is no harm 

ok...somebody has received an e mail from u2.com...they have been told that european fans have to wait to become a verified fan once euro dates are announced.

This morning i decided to verify myself using the north american ticketmaster account, as i assumed any code issued i would be able to use for european shows, this now looks like it is not the case ...does this mean that now i have registered for us shows i will receive a code for there but now wont receive a code for european shows ?

I am a long time fan from the Propaganda days, and if I'm reading Ticketmaster correctly, I will have access to two of the four of my local area shows.  Some pre-sales are listed for Nov. 20, such as NJ and PA.  I wonder how much the tickets will cost and, yes. as someone posted, scalpers always find a way.  Nonetheless, I will do what I can to pick up my single tickets for two area shows in June. 

Edited by angelofharlem4u2

1 hour ago, liverpool54321 said:

Hi Big Wave

finding it hard to follow logic in the statement and not sure it is factually correct. 

My subscription runs until end March 2018. I purchased my JT tickets using pre sale code that I got issued as part of 2016/17 subscription. That was January 2017. Since then I have renewed in March but not purchased any further tickets. The renewal at the time stated that it would allow me access to pre sale for any future tour dates announced - nothing specific re JT only. 

On that basis I would say that I don't need to renew at this moment in time as not purchased any tickets during my current subscription.

i would say the U2.com statement is misleading stating that you have to renew if you purchased tickets for JT17. It needs re-wording to clarify this only applies where used pre sale code during current subscription. Renewals since last purchase should qualify for future pre sale code. Otherwise U2.com risks being in breach of terms of renewal.

good to see you back and busy!

emmo

Yes I think this was a system issue. I had the same situation you did. In fact exactly the same. My sub runs up in March of 2018 as well. So last year when the JT tour went on sale, the presale code I had was still good for my 2016 subscription. Presale happened in January 2017, and I used my code then. After that sub was renewed in March 2017. Didn't use access code for any more dates after that, so basically it was a clean slate up till this point. I did all the steps except renewing and it says setup complete now. So looks like they fixed this glitch. I believe everyone in this situation should be fine now. Thing is I may not use it cause there is no Toronto date announced, only a Montreal one. Not sure if I would travel to Montreal in the middle of the week to go see them. I am sure they'll make their way here eventually.

i have seen a screen grab of the email i mentioned ...a fellow called Ken Wong who is on a facebook page U2 IS MY LIFE sent it to me..I had asked him the question bout euro fans verifying themselves on an american tx site....I am gonna be gutted and a bit raging if unclear instructions on the fan website are gonna cost me a presale code for euro shows ..they should have been more specific...so much generalization on the email

i have went in and disconnected my north american ticketmaster account ...I am now unverifed again...to be honest I dont have a clue what is the best thing to do but according to screengrab e mail...european fans have not to verify themselves until euro dates announce...p.s i know i am repeating myself .....i am away for a lie down now

3 minutes ago, padrepio said:

i have seen a screen grab of the email i mentioned ...a fellow called Ken Wong who is on a facebook page U2 IS MY LIFE sent it to me..I had asked him the question bout euro fans verifying themselves on an american tx site....I am gonna be gutted and a bit raging if unclear instructions on the fan website are gonna cost me a presale code for euro shows ..they should have been more specific...so much generalization on the email

Do you think you can get a screencap of it and pm it to one of us mods?

I'm so confused by all of this and forgive me if you've answered this a million times.  

I tried to renew on Thursday but I kept getting timed out.   My screen said setup incomplete. (the only thing left to do in the setup process was pay U2.com).

My subscription ends Jan 2018 and I did use it for all of my JT tickets.  

I haven't had a chance to go back to see my account until this morning.  I was going to pay to renew but now my account says setup complete.  

So....do I need to renew now for my code?  Or is my subscription renew date still in January 2018?

You should check if your current subscription was paid after you bought the tickets

If yes... 

Just keep an eye on european /rest of the world presale, if it will occur after your subscription has expired of course no chance for you

Do not let it lapse 

Ifyou're interested in Usa/Canada presale you're ok 

That's how I got it for myself too :D

Edited by monica martino

Can you have two different subscribers using the same mobile phone number to receive their presale codes? Or do you need to have a separate number for each subscription?

Thank you!

Very confusing process.  I just called the u2 fanclub number listed and was told (by Mariana) we are not even guaranteed to receive a code at all now?  I know we are not guaranteed tickets, but no guarantee for receiving a code via text??  The person was adamant about this...

My profile all of a sudden said I had to renew, so I renewed then realized my subscription wasn't even over yet. :mellow:

1 minute ago, monica martino said:

U2.com presale code or the one to be used in general sale? 

U2.com presale codes. Two different subscribers each eligible to purchase on the first day of the fan club presale.

Just now, u2nerd said:

My profile all of a sudden said I had to renew, so I renewed then realized my subscription wasn't even over yet. :mellow:

It will just extend your subscription from the end date of your previous subscription. You won't lose anything.

I was asking to lan , regarding his phone call :)

Edited by monica martino

This is all so confusing... Could one of the mods please help with the following question?

I did NOT use my code for Joshua Tree tour. My Verified Subscriber setup is complete.

I intend to use my code to buy 2 tickets for a North American show.

Once that code is used, if I renew my subscription, will I get a new code for 2 additional presale tickets that I can use  for additional North American shows which are expected to be announced after the initial sale?

Or is the presale limit 2 tickets per subscriber no matter what?

Please clarify...

Thank you!

OG