bigwave

U2.com 2018 Subscription FAQ Thread

According to earlier posts in this thread, this should only apply for US/Canada tour.  If you want to buy tickets for European concerts, it is not necessary to complete the setup in your account.

22 minutes ago, Jo Van de Vreken said:

According to earlier posts in this thread, this should only apply for US/Canada tour.  If you want to buy tickets for European concerts, it is not necessary to complete the setup in your account.

Seems reasonable. But where can I read this on u2.com?

• Like 1

So I got an email from support stating not to worry about verified fan as its US/Canada tour, Great.

Then my renewal buttons gone, I expire in Jan, I was going to do it anyway, not there is no way to renew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And then to add insult in injury, I, and other Europe based bods, get an email this morning telling us to complete verified fan from U2.com

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I cant renew and conflicting instructions from U2.com

Help

PK

3 hours ago, monica martino said:

I received an email as well saying my account is incomplete which is true. Of course they can't know I'm not interested in Usa/Canada presale so I'll ignore it following what the CS said to many of you. 

Well they could have added "if interested in Usa/Canada presale" and no misunderstanding would have been possible 

Except... They *can* know I'm in Europe and make the distinction that this is for US/Canada shows only. This would make things clear. I got another email today saying:

"You have a qualifying Subscription to be eligible for the U2.com Verified Subscriber Presale, but your Account Setup is currently incomplete. Please complete your Account Setup now." 

It's very well getting emails from support saying that the Europe is different, but if the main email sent out doesn't make this distinction it confusing and concerning. I just want to go to see a band in concert in Europe. It doesn't need to be this oblique or obscure. I appreciate that there is precious little the Mods are able to do at this stage, but there needs to be some feedback to the powers-that-be that a simple re-wording of things and couple of extra FAQs would clear this up beyond doubt, and probably have the added bonus of reducing everyone's email workload.

46 minutes ago, ZoostationUK said:

So I got an email from support stating not to worry about verified fan as its US/Canada tour, Great.

Then my renewal buttons gone, I expire in Jan, I was going to do it anyway, not there is no way to renew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And then to add insult in injury, I, and other Europe based bods, get an email this morning telling us to complete verified fan from U2.com

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I cant renew and conflicting instructions from U2.com

Help

PK

Did you try via renew.u2.com already. For me it worked.

30 minutes ago, ZoostationUK said:

nope :( and no way of renewing as all buttons and links to renew have gone

You can renew from u2.com/renew. Did it myself a few days ago.

U2.COM PUT ME IN THE WRONG PRIORITY GROUP!

In March of this year, I renewed my U2.com subscription, as I always do, without letting it lapse. In fact, I've been a paying fan club member since the Propaganda days in 1994.

For whatever reason, this time I payed the normal $40 renewal fee on the same day U2.com told me to renew. It could have been the next day in a European time zone... this I do not remember. Still, it recognized that I would be paying the renewal price, not the full price.

Then, when ticket presale codes for The Joshua Tree Tour 2017 started to roll out, I was put in the secondary presale group, rather than then primary (I think it was Wires over Red Hill, if I remember correctly). Obviously, this was very annoying, since I should have been put in the first group.

Alas, the e+i Tour is upon us, I renewed at the renewal price, and I am still in the secondary presale group: iNNOCENCE. Not good!

I called a customer service agent, they told me they would submit a support ticket, and to wait to be contacted. He did recognize that I paid the renewal price in March.

Is there anything else I can do to fix this problem? I will be very surprised if customer service contacts me or even resolves this problem. So far, there has been zero movement on their end.

On 11/6/2017 at 10:18 AM, suziem said:

Did you use your code before or after you re-subscribed last time?  I'm assuming that's the deciding factor.

I used the code for the JTT back in Jan 2017 before I resubed in June 2017. So if your asking if I used the code under my current subscription, the answer would be no.

2 hours ago, elevation1975 said:

U2.COM PUT ME IN THE WRONG PRIORITY GROUP!

In March of this year, I renewed my U2.com subscription, as I always do, without letting it lapse. In fact, I've been a paying fan club member since the Propaganda days in 1994.

For whatever reason, this time I payed the normal $40 renewal fee on the same day U2.com told me to renew. It could have been the next day in a European time zone... this I do not remember. Still, it recognized that I would be paying the renewal price, not the full price.

Then, when ticket presale codes for The Joshua Tree Tour 2017 started to roll out, I was put in the secondary presale group, rather than then primary (I think it was Wires over Red Hill, if I remember correctly). Obviously, this was very annoying, since I should have been put in the first group.

Alas, the e+i Tour is upon us, I renewed at the renewal price, and I am still in the secondary presale group: iNNOCENCE. Not good!

I called a customer service agent, they told me they would submit a support ticket, and to wait to be contacted. He did recognize that I paid the renewal price in March.

Is there anything else I can do to fix this problem? I will be very surprised if customer service contacts me or even resolves this problem. So far, there has been zero movement on their end.

reply to their last response, ask to talk to supervisor, insist, resist, persist. (and keep all communications in a log)

So I guess I'm in a different situation.  I'm in North America waiting for European tickets.  I will just hold on and wait for Europe announcement.  

So ....I am in the UK and I now have registered with a North American TM account ...and am "verified" .....

Did I need to do that? Have I done wrong here?

I have NO intention of going to a USA date .....will I be fine for the European Tour ???

THanks!

Asking for a friend...please help!

"I am an Experience member. I used my Joshua Tree codes to buy tickets.  So I should need to subscribe again.

Started going through the verification procedure.  No issue with linking account.  No issue with phone number. But I did not resubscribe.

But my box is green and says "Complete" and there is no option to subscribe anymore on my profile.

Am I finished?  Do I not need to subscribe again?  If so how do I resubscribe?  My subscription comes up for renewal on January 31, 2018."

The site says the following in the FAQ:

"I have an active U2.com subscription and I purchased 4 tickets using a presale code during The Joshua Tree Tour 2017, will I have access to the U2eiTour presale?
Members who used their presale access code to purchase tickets to The Joshua Tree Tour 2017 MUST renew early and select one of the 2018 packages to be eligible to be verified for the upcoming eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE 2018 presale. "

The operator I spoke to on the phone says that as long as the box is green and says complete that there is no need to subscribe and my friend will get a code. This directly contradicts what is said on the FAQ. Can you please let us know what is going on and why we are getting two different stories on this issue?  I've spoken to others who seem to have the same issue, the system says complete when they should still need to resubscribe. 

Edited by AJ2
additional info.

10 hours ago, hanshe said:

I'm in Europe, and I'm planning to go to the European tour, but when I read the FAQ page I'm still confused...

"If I live outside U.S. + Canada, do I have to complete all the steps to participate in the Verified Subscriber Presale?
Yes. To be eligible you must complete all steps on your Profile page and you’ll know you’re all set when you see a green “SETUP COMPLETE” box on the page."

Does this apply only to USA tour??

Also very interested in the official word on this.

And if I Verify my account for the N. America tour and DON'T end up using my code, can I still use it for a European show? (I haven't been able to read definitive word on this one either.)

Max said on here yesterday if outside USA we should wait for European announcements before doing anything. I have renewed on U2.co but am not verifying with Ticketmaster North America, I am waiting for it to change to Ticketmaster UK when UK dates are announced. Makes sense but would appreciate an official statement on it. 

26 minutes ago, KEV ANGELL said:

Max said on here yesterday if outside USA we should wait for European announcements before doing anything. I have renewed on U2.co but am not verifying with Ticketmaster North America, I am waiting for it to change to Ticketmaster UK when UK dates are announced. Makes sense but would appreciate an official statement on it. 

How does one renew?

My subscription is valid until March 2 2018 and I want to resub, but don't see a possibility (button) to do it.

1 hour ago, Sleathy! said:

So ....I am in the UK and I now have registered with a North American TM account ...and am "verified" .....

I have NO intention of going to a USA date .....will I be fine for the European Tour ???

THanks!

i done this but then disconnected my tm na account ...there is a link to do this on your account page. i believe if you verify for this leg of the tour even though you have no intention of going you will then be sent out a presale code which you can only use in north america...this would invalidate you from getting a presale code for european tour when it is announced...I am no expert but i believe through reading various posts and e mails from u2 that you must only verify if you intend to go to anyof the north american shows...europeans must wait...

27 minutes ago, KEV ANGELL said:

I have done the same I did verify but then unverified myself as I only want to go to a European gig.

2 hours ago, Sleathy! said:

THanks!

Same here! We'd better be OK for the European tour after re-subscribing!

I've been a fan club member since 2008, renewed my subscription through 2019, and it's still saying that I'm in the Innocence priority presale group.  Anyone else having this issue?