bigwave

U2.com 2018 Subscription FAQ Thread

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, raymondkavanagh said:

The fan validation is mnot working - Why do I have to do this, been subsribed since it started years ago!HELP!!!!!

 

what is the part that it's not working for you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, danjo said:

So, just to make sure I have this right... Current sub is due to run out in August next year, but if I want access to next tour presale I have to renew again even though there is no news on how the European side of things is going to work? 

Do I also need to pre order the album or is that a different presale experience for all of this craic? 

 

If you renew now,12 months will be added to your current subscription,so you will run out in August 2019 if you decide to renew.I wouldn't worry,wait for Europe to be announced,then take it from there.But yes,to be a verified fan for this tour for pre sales codes etc you'll need to renew.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My U2 subscription is good through 1/9/2018. I bought my 4 tickets for Joshua Tree at the Rose Bowl. Also went to other shows but bought tickets through general sale:)

 

I just logged in, tied my TM account and verified myself. Will I be able to buy tickets for the 2018 tour on the subscriber presale next week?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Max Tsukino said:

what is the part that it's not working for you?

currently when you click on the renew link (from the list of validation tasks) it takes you to the address confirmation page.  Once checking the boxes and hitting 'continue', it will hang and eventually give a gateway error (502) error.  Several attempts

Edited by finz_89

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I get a different message :

Something like "Our store is currently closed for scheduled maintenance"

followed by the Ticketmaster and Fanfire customer service phone numbers

 

Luc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok.  I am so confused here.  My membership currently expires 06/2018.  I bought my 4 JT2017 tickets earlier this year with my code.

 

i have already completed the Ticketmaster portion, so my account info shows "setup complete".

 

But in order to be eligible for e&i presale tix, I still need to renew my U2 dot com membership, is that correct?

 

having participated in several verified fan presales over the last year, I can say this will be a damn disaster.  The system is not thwarting bots/resellers IN THE LEAST and only making things more difficult for fans, especially when you add this u2 dot com membership on top of it.  Not pleased.

  • Upvote 2
  • Brilliant 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trying to renew subscription but just getting message saying problem with gateway. Also if I buy album and ticket section can I use code for one gig and my subscription code for a different gig. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, mksiggy75 said:

Ok.  I am so confused here.  My membership currently expires 06/2018.  I bought my 4 JT2017 tickets earlier this year with my code.

 

i have already completed the Ticketmaster portion, so my account info shows "setup complete".

 

But in order to be eligible for e&i presale tix, I still need to renew my U2 dot com membership, is that correct?

 

having participated in several verified fan presales over the last year, I can say this will be a damn disaster.  The system is not thwarting bots/resellers IN THE LEAST and only making things more difficult for fans, especially when you add this u2 dot com membership on top of it.  Not pleased.

I agree do they think people have got endless amount of money being a U2 fan is becoming far to expensive. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I renewed THIS MORNING before this was announced and 2018 was available. Now I have to renew again? I did, just to be safe because in the long run I'll be paying it anyway but seems silly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where are people finding out their expiration date? When I look at my profile now I can't find anywhere I'm looking.

 

(Man, if only U2/Live Nation had access to the best minds in the industry then we wouldn't have to deal with what seems to be problems with every.single.presale. Oh, wait....)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, colincooper said:

Trying to renew subscription but just getting message saying problem with gateway. Also if I buy album and ticket section can I use code for one gig and my subscription code for a different gig. 

All sorted now had to spend again and renew early. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, peterdiaz said:

Where are people finding out their expiration date? When I look at my profile now I can't find anywhere I'm looking.

 

(Man, if only U2/Live Nation had access to the best minds in the industry then we wouldn't have to deal with what seems to be problems with every.single.presale. Oh, wait....)

Yes mine has disappeared as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Max Tsukino said:

from the FAQ:

How Many Tickets can I buy? What is the ticket limit?
Verified U2.com Subscriber can purchase 2 tickets for any U2eiTour show(s)

I am having trouble interpreting this part... because of the (s)... The code we get can be re-used to buy two tickets to more than one show or only one? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Max Tsukino said:

from the FAQ:

How Many Tickets can I buy? What is the ticket limit?
Verified U2.com Subscriber can purchase 2 tickets for any U2eiTour show(s)

Ok thanks, I can buy 2 tickets for any show regardless leg? :)  The ticket limit this year was 4 right?

Edited by SAYDEE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Switched computers from a Windows7 desktop to a Windows10 Laptop  , from Chrome to Edge and also a on different network

Back to "504 gateway time-out"

 

Luc

(ps : not a scalper , I'm in tech support and have access to loads of computers)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Talie said:

I am having trouble interpreting this part... because of the (s)... The code we get can be re-used to buy two tickets to more than one show or only one? 

codes can't be reused. You can buy 1 ticket for show in X and another for the show in Y...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why can't I buy album and ticket just keeps going to 504 gateway. 

Screenshot_2017-11-01-19-30-20.png

Edited by colincooper
Help please

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LdeC said:

Switched computers from a Windows7 desktop to a Windows10 Laptop  , from Chrome to Edge and also a on different network

Back to "504 gateway time-out"

 

Luc

(ps : not a scalper , I'm in tech support and have access to loads of computers)

wait a few hours, please

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I'm a member and renew and get a presale code.

Can I use my same email to preorder the album and get another presale code for that in January. That way I can use my discount. Or do I have to use another email ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, mksiggy75 said:

Ok.  I am so confused here.  My membership currently expires 06/2018.  I bought my 4 JT2017 tickets earlier this year with my code.

 

i have already completed the Ticketmaster portion, so my account info shows "setup complete".

 

But in order to be eligible for e&i presale tix, I still need to renew my U2 dot com membership, is that correct?

 

having participated in several verified fan presales over the last year, I can say this will be a damn disaster.  The system is not thwarting bots/resellers IN THE LEAST and only making things more difficult for fans, especially when you add this u2 dot com membership on top of it.  Not pleased.

If the band announce a tour while you have an active subscription you will be eligible for pre sales ie get the codes.For the JTTour 2017,my subscription was Jan 2016 to Jan 2017,but because of the delay in announcing the gift,it was extended to Feb 2017.When tour announced on 9th Jan,the pre sale code appeared in my account.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SAYDEE said:

Ok thanks, I can buy 2 tickets for any show regardless leg :)  The ticket limit this year was 4 right?

stadium shows usually have a 4 ticket limit. Arena shows usually have a 2 ticket limit...

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Max Tsukino said:

stadium shows usually have a 4 ticket limit. Arena shows usually have a 2 ticket limit...

Ohh, ok. Thanks.

Edited by SAYDEE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.