bigwave

U2.com 2018 Subscription FAQ Thread

So decided to roll the dice - thnaks for your help Max. UK based; gonna try for Vegas; renewed, linked and ready to go.

Vegas will be a massive bonus; hope I haven't ruined Europe for myself if I miss out on Vegas though.

Does anyone know what time (UK) the Vegas presale will open?

So, I completed my acc setup a few days ago, all in all fine, as far as I can see...
Was thinking about getting a ticket for Madison Square Garden but atm I don't think that
flights from Europe will be getting cheaper the next weeks for june 2018...
So I think about disconnecting from TM USA and maybe giving my code someone else.
I know I could still try to buy a ticket and wait for new flight prices in january, but if
they do mobile tickets for GA again, I don't see any chances to sell my ticket if I can't afford to travel.
Just personal thoughts, don't wanna bother you too much, but atm I think I will
do only shows around Europe...
I feel slightly overstrained with all this :unsure:

Edited by chulia83

Hi, so I completed the set up, look like everything is as it should be. I was never prompted to renew my subscription which is good until March 2018.

I used my presale code for JTTour, what do you think ?

Edited by hicksong

Hi, so I completed the set up, look like everything is as it should be. I was never prompted to renew my subscription which is good until March 2018.

I used my presale code for JTTour, what do you think ?

Hello fellow U2 fans.

I have a question I hope you can help me with.
The band is coming to Denmark next year and I want to go.

On the main page, it says that subscribers will be first in line with their own exclusive window when presales open.
To be eligible for the U2.com Verified Subscriber presale, I must complete my account Setup by November 12. Presale begins November 14.
Does that apply for the European tour as well?
On the official link for the Danish site, it says that I have to preorder the album before November 20th at 11:59 pm to get access to the presale.

//Paul

Edited by PaulHansen

I've been asking this throughout this thread but can anyone or maybe someone of the Mods help me with it?

I'm verified as the text (Nov 1) said "all subscribers MUST".

I only want Europe tickets.

Do I need to unverify? How?

Or can I stay verify/setup complete and simply not use the code so that when Europe is announced I don't need to renew my membership to get a predale code?

I haven't received any answer by support/help that fit.  I need something to rely on.

18 minutes ago, soey said:

I've been asking this throughout this thread but can anyone or maybe someone of the Mods help me with it?

I'm verified as the text (Nov 1) said "all subscribers MUST".

I only want Europe tickets.

Do I need to unverify? How?

Or can I stay verify/setup complete and simply not use the code so that when Europe is announced I don't need to renew my membership to get a predale code?

I haven't received any answer by support/help that fit.  I need something to rely on.

that is in some point my question, too. I tried to figure it out reading back in this thread but it's still not really clear for me.
but at this point i think it shouldn't become a problem to be verified at this stage, too, when the European presale will be announced. *fingers crossed* :mellow:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PaulHansen said:

Hello fellow U2 fans.

I have a question I hope you can help me with.
The band is coming to Denmark next year and I want to go.

On the main page, it says that subscribers will be first in line with their own exclusive window when presales open.
To be eligible for the U2.com Verified Subscriber presale, I must complete my account Setup by November 12. Presale begins November 14.
Does that apply for the European tour as well?
On the official link for the Danish site, it says that I have to preorder the album before November 20th at 11:59 pm to get access to the presale.

//Paul

The november presale is for US gigs only. European dates will be announced later.
I personally don't think it is a problem when you verify your account now, but as I wrote in my previous message,
I just assume this from reading back and forth through the pages of this thread ;) no complete guarantee, but it
is imho unlikely to be problematic. If I understood it right, the European presale runs through a different system...

3 minutes ago, brobjerg said:

Har U2 bekræftet at de kommer til Danmark?
Du har ikke købt medlemskab så du bør forudbestille albummet, hvis du vil have en pre-sales kode.
Det europæiske billetsalg åbner først efter nytår.,

Jep det er bekræftet at de kommer til Danmark næste år, men datoen er ikke fastlagt.
Jeg er bare lidt i tvivl om man kommer lidt før til bestillingen af billetter som subscriber end dem der køber albummet før den 20 og på den måde har ret til presale.

De 2 første pre-sale er reserveret til betalende medlemmer, derefter kommer pre-sale for album-købere.

Jeg ved godt at danske aviser har skrevet at U2 kommer til DK, og henvist til U2.com Men mig bekendt er den eneste omtale på dette site det danske flag, der linker til forudbestilling af albummet hos Gaffa.

3 hours ago, chulia83 said:

So, I completed my acc setup a few days ago, all in all fine, as far as I can see...
Was thinking about getting a ticket for Madison Square Garden but atm I don't think that
flights from Europe will be getting cheaper the next weeks for june 2018...
So I think about disconnecting from TM USA and maybe giving my code someone else.
I know I could still try to buy a ticket and wait for new flight prices in january, but if
they do mobile tickets for GA again, I don't see any chances to sell my ticket if I can't afford to travel.
Just personal thoughts, don't wanna bother you too much, but atm I think I will
do only shows around Europe...
I feel slightly overstrained with all this :unsure:

keep the code...

1) there's a possibility it will be the same for the EU dates; and
2) and more importantly ---> presale codes are personal and non-transferable - linked to your account. If you give it to someone else, you are at the risk not only that the code will be canceled but also your account...

1 minute ago, Max Tsukino said:

keep the code...

1) there's a possibility it will be the same for the EU dates; and
2) and more importantly ---> presale codes are personal and non-transferable - linked to your account. If you give it to someone else, you are at the risk not only that the code will be canceled but also your account...

thank you, esp. for no. 2)
this wasn't clear to me at all. would be a shame to lose my account... you guys must deal with a lot of stupid questions these days. so thanks a lot for your patience :)

25 minutes ago, PaulHansen said:

Jep det er bekræftet at de kommer til Danmark næste år, men datoen er ikke fastlagt.
Jeg er bare lidt i tvivl om man kommer lidt før til bestillingen af billetter som subscriber end dem der køber albummet før den 20 og på den måde har ret til presale.

please in english. Thanks

be aware that the U2.com presale and that album presale are two different things...

10 minutes ago, Max Tsukino said:

be aware that the U2.com presale and that album presale are two different things...

Sorry about that. My question has been answered.

Thanks guys.

As a long time European fan who wants tickets for the European tour it is a little bit confusing, but I think that we just have to wait. We've been sent a message on Nov 8th stating :

And finally, a really important reminder. You know how U2.com Subscribers are first in line when it comes to ticketing presales for upcoming shows? Presales for the eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE arena shows in North America next May and June begin next week - and everyone who wants to take part has until Sunday to take the simple steps of becoming a U2.comVerified Subscriber. Here’s the how and why of becoming a Verified Subscriber.

So for me I think it is clear that the whole process is for the arena shows in North America. If you don't want to take part for presales in North America : wait. No news for Europe, so I think we have to wait.

Edited by corradomac

19 minutes ago, Max Tsukino said:

Sorry.
We were just talking about if U2 will include Denmark on their European tour. Danish newspapers claim. that U2 have confirmed it.
I advised Paul Hansen to get an album pre-sale code since he has not bought a membership yet.

2 minutes ago, brobjerg said:

Sorry.
We were just talking about if U2 will include Denmark on their European tour. Danish newspapers claim. that U2 have confirmed it.
I advised Paul Hansen to get an album pre-sale code since he has not bought a membership yet.

And there you go, I've just bought a membership. :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'll ask again, does anyone know if they are doing credit card entry like JT?  or has this verified thing replaced that?

Wow signed up and looking forward to the tour!  I hope this is easy during the presale.

If it says Setup complete in green, I am good to go, can expect a code and then try for the presale for ALL shows right?  I don't have to pick now?

13 hours ago, soey said:

Right, same question here. I verified cause the text said "all subscribers MUST" without any info that it's only needed if you want tickets for North Amermica show.

When asking the support team replied that no need to verify if I want Europe tickets only. But never aswered my question that I need to know what to do if I am alreday veriefied but only want tockets for Europe. If I shall simply not use the code or if I shall unverify. No official FAQ nor info to that. There are so many with this question.

The only answer by support team I go - and I hope that it's 100% correct and that I do understand it right - that helped me was: "Registering for the North American concerts will not disqualify you from registering to the international concerts."

If anyone could help??

you can click the link on your account page to disconnect from ticketmaster account and this will unverify you from the current tour dates, you will be unverified(showing red) and you just wait until european dates are announced

7 hours ago, mullyd said:

So decided to roll the dice - thnaks for your help Max. UK based; gonna try for Vegas; renewed, linked and ready to go.

Vegas will be a massive bonus; hope I haven't ruined Europe for myself if I miss out on Vegas though.

Does anyone know what time (UK) the Vegas presale will open?

Hi,

US presales usually start at 10am EST which would be 3pm GMT. 

Just be sure to check though as this may change now they are using 'TM Verified Fan' .

Having done this for other bands they sometimes start later. The Vegas presale may also be affected by the fact that it is in another timezone. If the time they tell you states 'EST' then add 5 hours for the UK or if it states 'PT' then add 8 hours.

As long as you don't actually purchase tickets for Vegas your code should be good for Europe still. Last time you were able to purchase up to 4 tickets maximum for any combination of shows and venues, but you may want to contact TM in advance to clarify that the same rule will apply to this tour.

Hope this is of some help to you and good luck getting those tickets!!

Edited by Punky_Strummer
Additional information added regarding code usage.
  • Thanks 1

On 10/11/2017 at 3:35 PM, dmtimo2 said:

Yep, same exact issue.  Logged a complaint, and received a response that customer service would be in contact with me within 12 hours to resolve the issue.  That was 2 days ago.  Piss poor customer service.  At this rate, there's no point to renew membership after 2019.  

I logged this issue in the summer time and no response. I emailed again 2 days ago and no response. I got an auto reply saying that someone would be in contact in 12 hours. Nope. And the more worrying thing is that the email address to which it is linked to is a TIcketmaster one. Gee whizz.  I remember the good old days of Propaganda and once got a postcard from Larry's sister Cecilia which responded to a question I had around the time of Pop. So I don't think there is any chance this will be sorted if TM are involved.  As I say it is a good thing for fans to be given pre sale codes but I do think the long term folk should be checked and ensured they are in the right category.  Been a fanclub member for 2 decades and I now get the same presale access as someone who joined yesterday.  Bit galling even if it is first world problems.

Edited by Cazza